Polar loop

Options
MichelleS08
MichelleS08 Posts: 109 Member
First of all thank you mfp for adding polar into the devices that can by synced. About time. Lol. But how the heck does it all work? I worked out with my heart rate monitor tonight and it automatically synced into excersizes. Twice. So I deleted one. I then was trying to figure out how to get the polar calorie adjustment because there should be a difference, but it showed that there had to be a deficit between mfp calorie prediction for a day and my polar loop. Which is understandable. But mfp predicted I should have burned over 2800 calories today that was including the excersize I put in, where as my polar loop says I have burned 2300 today. There is no way I will ever have calorie adjustments then. Do I not add excersize into mfp? If anyone has any advice on setting changes or what to do please reply.

Replies

• Mikey_Irish
    Mikey_Irish Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Yeah I was wondering the same type things about my garmin vivo fit which is linked to this account. Soon as I sync the info shows up here. Usually not the exercise I performed. "walking" oe "jogging" when it was completely different. Where to add it? here or there? and once its posted here and I correct it there, its still incorrect here. lol

I just keep track in my exercise notes here to reflect on if I have too
  • albchubbychubs
    albchubbychubs Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I was not able to see support for any Polar products in MFP where is it? I have the Heart Rate monitor that syncs with my Cellphone via Bluetooth, but I cannot find integration between MFP and Polar at all.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Make sure your activity level, etc. is set correctly here. If you told MFP you're extremely active but you're sedentary, it won't work out well. (Just an extreme example.)

Other than that - its newly integrated, so it might have some bugs to work out. BUT if MFP thinks you're going to burn 2800 and you don't come close to that, I'm inclined to believe you need to update your goals here.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Do you have iPhone or Android? Android integration has not happened yet. iPhone integration is available thru the latest iPhone app update.
    I was not able to see support for any Polar products in MFP where is it? I have the Heart Rate monitor that syncs with my Cellphone via Bluetooth, but I cannot find integration between MFP and Polar at all.

• MichelleS08
    MichelleS08 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    iPhone :)
  • IowaJen1979
    IowaJen1979 Posts: 406 Member
    Options

For iPhone, go to the Polar Flow app settings and where it says "connect", select "Yes" for MyFitnessPal.

• Rlnieman
    Rlnieman Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Do I not add excersize into mfp? If anyone has any advice on setting changes or what to do please reply.

I know this is a few weeks old but was wondering if anyone had any more information on this? From what I am understanding (and what I do) I do not log work outs anymore. I just let my loop do all the math for me. I was looking at the information today and I see it takes my Target Calories Burned from Normal Daily activity (1,740 for me) and subtracts that from my Polar Calories Burned resulting in my "Polar Calorie Adjustment"