Google tricep toning
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Google spot reduction myth.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce. Your body will lose weight from where it wants to lose weight.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    LiFt heavy weights
  • seanifex
    seanifex Posts: 4
    Options
    Is there a reason you are only specifically targeting triceps? Anyways, tricep push downs, straight arm tricep extensions, and push ups are 3 good ones to start with. Shoot for no more than 12-15 reps per exercise, an 4 sets each. You want to train with volume
  • compgeek812
    compgeek812 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    seanifex wrote: »
    Is there a reason you are only specifically targeting triceps? Anyways, tricep push downs, straight arm tricep extensions, and push ups are 3 good ones to start with. Shoot for no more than 12-15 reps per exercise, an 4 sets each. You want to train with volume
    I would guess it has something to do with wanting to get rid of the "underarm wings" which is a combination of a subcutaneous fat and excess skin. While the exercises mentioned would certainly exercise the triceps, they aren't going to remove the bingo wings, only thing that will do that is decreasing overall bodyfat percentage combined with the usual skin tightening recommendations.
  • rez2012
    rez2012 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You can burn fat and lift weights at the same time. High intensity workouts to keep your heart rate at your highest fat burning zone. Lots of supersets, reps, and cut your rest time under a min . I would shoot for 15-20 reps. After two weeks I would go heavier on the weights for 12-15 reps...after another 2 weeks increase weight and do 10-12 reps. Got to keep a constant change so your body can't adapt. Also, work in High intensity interval training for cardio. Just push yourself and use appropriate weight to challenege yourself.
  • kaviles1976
    kaviles1976 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am working ALL areas but just self conscious about arm flab. It has reduced but I was looking for suggestions :) Thanks all!! :D
  • TheBigFb
    TheBigFb Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    DIps, you can do them off a chair,
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Dips, pushups, assisted pullups or inverted rows. They won't spot reduce the fat but they will help you get stronger, possibly build muscle, and you'll tend to focus more on noticing your muscle than the overlying jiggliness.
  • TheMetalMan0
    TheMetalMan0 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Drop bodyfat.
    Lift heavy things.
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I am 52 and have made getting rid of my "wings" my personal mission so I totally get what your talking about and didn't assume you only work one area of your body! The most important thing is to ensure that you work really hard with a combo of body weight exercises (push-ups, tricep dips) and weights (skull crushers, pulldowns etc.).
  • kaviles1976
    kaviles1976 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. ..I'm at the gym now..I will try some