My Quick Weight Loss Checklist

Options
Weighing Scale: Monitor your weight at least once a week.

Kitchen Scale: Weight everything before eating.

Calorie Chart: Keep a very close eye on your Calories Intake

Calorie Count: It varies from person to person but let's assume here that you want to lose weight fast. Convert your weight into KG's and multiply it with 14 to figure out your calorie intake. Otherwise if you want to keep it steady then multiply it with

Workout: Working out for longer times doesn't help that much unless you are not burning required calories. You should burn atleast 60% of the daily calorie intake to see significant results. Best exercises are Cycling, Swimming and Running on a steep hill side. All of these burn about 1000 Calories in an hour.

Control Calories: You should eat good amount of food but with less calories. A common example is if you drink 1 cup of 1% fat Milk it will have 103 Calories but if you will drink 1 Cup of Coconut Milk it will give you 552 Calories. That's how you should manage calories. Again having a calorie chart is very important.

I hope this quick list will help you guys out there :)

Replies

• Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    You didn't mention weight lifting in your workout section ..... I guess it's not important?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

Calorie Count: It varies from person to person but let's assume here that you want to lose weight fast. Convert your weight into KG's and multiply it with 14 to figure out your calorie intake. Otherwise if you want to keep it steady then multiply it with

Workout: Working out for longer times doesn't help that much unless you are not burning required calories. You should burn atleast 60% of the daily calorie intake to see significant results. Best exercises are Cycling, Swimming and Running on a steep hill side. All of these burn about 1000 Calories in an hour.

Control Calories: You should eat good amount of food but with less calories. A common example is if you drink 1 cup of 1% fat Milk it will have 103 Calories but if you will drink 1 Cup of Coconut Milk it will give you 552 Calories. That's how you should manage calories. Again having a calorie chart is very important.

-Weigh when you feel like it. Some people can do daily/weekly, others get discouraged by the fluctuations even on a week to week basis. As long as it's in the same setting, you're good.
    -this I agree with. And if you're dining out, do your best to estimate.
    -Yes
    -Eat at an appropriate deficit for your size. That calculation gave me just over 1200 calories (which is the recommended minimum intake for a woman), and it would not be sustainable for me. Calculate your TDEE and take 10-20% off. If you only have 20 pounds to lose, fast may not happen.
    -You burn plenty of calories just living, so this is unnecessary and potentially dangerous. Do exercises you like, even if you only burn 50-100 calories doing them.
    -Focus on nutrition, but still eat the foods you love. If you prefer coconut milk over 1%, have some. Just make sure your serving fits into your calories and you can hit your macros/micros.
  • rollingeyes
    Options
    You didn't mention weight lifting in your workout section ..... I guess it's not important?

It's important. On next list I will add that too. Thanks
  • SilverRose89
    SilverRose89 Posts: 447 Member
    Options

Am I being dim here? Why do you have to burn 60% of your calorie intake to see results? Most of us are eating at a substantial deficit anyway?
  • rollingeyes
    Options
    Am I being dim here? Why do you have to burn 60% of your calorie intake to see results? Most of us are eating at a substantial deficit anyway?

You should burn at least 60% of the daily calorie intake to see SIGNIFICANT results. This is for people who want to lose weight the fast way... Unless your body consumes your extra fats the FAST results can't be seen.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    "best" exercise depends on the person - but I think a generic description is the best exercise is the one you enjoy doing and will do consistently.

And burn per hour? Also depends on the person. I'm 125 pounds. I cannot burn 1000 calories per hour. Not sure that I could at 175 pounds, because even though I could burn more per minute I did not have the endurance/stamina to work out hard enough for a prolonged period of time.

MFP and a little thought in advance is my 'calorie chart'. Sure you learn things over time - but when in doubt, look it up. Or some days, just do the best you can with what you have. Its one day at a time, and one meal or one day of meals will not make or break you. If a physical cheat sheet is good for you - go for it. Personally my phone is the only thing that goes everywhere with me. :)
  • rollingeyes
    rollingeyes Posts: 10
    edited March 2015
    Options
    One Feature that I feel missing here is the like button on replies :(
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    Hey if it works for you....but I'd rather drink coconut milk (with vanilla) than 1% milk any day. Blech!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    LOL at flagging "I think Herrspoons said it better" as abuse

Seriously now? Toys stay in the pram!
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Convert your weight into KG's and multiply it with 14 to figure out your calorie intake.

That gives me 792 calories a day. Yeah, I'd lose weight fast, along with my health and my sanity.

You also didn't finish the next sentence, I'm curious what a steady weight loss would be.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

Are you nuts? You're telling me I should eat 876 calories a day???
    On what planet does a normal person burn a 1000 calories an hour?

gifv7ydfsc30.jpeg
  • Yogi_warrior
    Yogi_warrior Posts: 5,464 Member
    Options

This is so wrong on so many levels.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    OP good try but your list is just wrong.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    One Feature that I feel missing here is the like button on replies :(

Nah, not for this thread at least.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m3xrtsmgs11rn435g.gif
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

Are you nuts? You're telling me I should eat 876 calories a day???
    On what planet does a normal person burn a 1000 calories an hour?

gifv7ydfsc30.jpeg
    This! OP your list may have been written with good intent to try to help others, but your information is clearly incorrect in parts of your list.
    Using your calculations, I would have to eat 731 calories per day. That's dangerous and irresponsible. Starving yourself and over exercising is not healthy Weight loss
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    OP your list may have been written with good intent to try to help others, but your information is clearly incorrect in parts of your list.
    Using your calculations, I would have to eat 731 calories per day. That's dangerous and irresponsible. Starving yourself and over exercising is not healthy Weight loss

And then you would need to burn 60% of that 731.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Yup, 1000 calories for me to lose weight. Sounds legit.
This discussion has been closed.