military diet

Options
So at the weekend I over indulged,(it was bad lol) so today I started the 3 day military diet, anybody else tried it? What kind of results did you get?

Replies

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good way to be extremely hungry for 3 days. Crash diet isn't needed. I wouldn't recommend doing it.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    One of the dumbest Very Low Calorie diets I've ever seen. The military don't eat like that. Why should you? It you must follow a fad diet, how about the Cabbage Soup diet? ....and you don't have to follow the diet to the letter, ...and you have a nice pot of sustaining cabbage soup.
  • Zombielicious
    Zombielicious Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, why do they call this the military diet?
    "The Military Diet provides under 1000 calories a day" - In boot camp you try to eat as much as possible in the very short amount of time you're given, you don't starve yourself.
  • kcjchang
    kcjchang Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    It's call basic, I lost 20 pounds in 8 weeks and served for three years; playing around with chemical rounds was a bonus.
  • jnord8729
    jnord8729 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    And chicken! Lots of chicken!! It comes with every meal
  • jgnatca
    Options
  • lngbrd
    lngbrd Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Man we've seen this on here before, I don't know how they get such a low calorie diet out of anything military. They fed us a chit load, we stayed thin from all the physical work and training.
  • jgnatca
    Options
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Well, if you restrict yourself to eating MREs, you might end up losing weight solely because they're kind of unappetizing. (And MRE improvement recipes should be a whole cooking contest show featuring veterans, because those men and women know a thing or two about messing around with MREs to make them taste marginally better!)
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    You know the military doesn't eat like that, right?

I predict day 4 brings all the foods to you...
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    In short, no.

And for results- you'll be hungry, and it won't help you in the long run any more than a more reasonable deficit will.

Follow the site as designed. It works.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    In addition to the awesome responses above, if you utilize the search function, you'll see that this "diet" comes up quite a lot. The general consensus across the board is just say no to crash diets and eat in a caloric deficit.

The three day military diet is not healthy or sustainable, and it will not help you one bit along your journey.
  • LinziT123
    LinziT123 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    OK so day 1, I've survived but I'm so hungry! OK I feel as if I should changed my question, what do you do to make up for over indulging?
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    LinziT123 wrote: »
    OK so day 1, I've survived but I'm so hungry! OK I feel as if I should changed my question, what do you do to make up for over indulging?

Eat a few less calories the next day? Don't worry about it and get back to what I was doing, understanding that one day is going to make no difference whatsoever in the grand scheme of things?

OP, try not to worry so much about one day. It's not going to hurt your long term goals. Just get back on the horse today, and move forward. Simple as that. :smiley:

Weight loss is not that complicated.
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options

You can start again. Get back on schedule and follow your calorie allowance. I've been there but I can tell you for me cutting back a lot to make up just caused the overeating to worsen. Just call it a mulligan and follow forward.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options

Nothing! Log it, and move on, tomorrow is another day.

This "military diet is only off by about 6000 calories. I did 8 years, and 3-5000 calories is a typical day, and upwards of 7000 during intense training. This diet you're on is nothing but a crash diet, and a perfect recipe for epic failure.

Rigger

• jgnatca
    Options

Water under the bridge. Every day is a fresh start. Really. Love your food, enjoy your choices every day.

http://www.innerhealthstudio.com/breathing-meditation.html
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Just No
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    31157-Sweet-Dee-NO-gif--Its-Always-S-EYGJ.gif
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    kcjchang wrote: »
    It's call basic, I lost 20 pounds in 8 weeks and served for three years; playing around with chemical rounds was a bonus.

I didn't lose any weight during basic...but I didn't exactly go in needing to lose any either