Clean eating

Options
I'm 5ft 1" and I'm 126lbs. I'm very small framed and definitely look and feel overweight. Two weeks ago I started clean eating, cardio and weight training. What I want to know is how strict does my diet have to be? I'm eating the right amount of caloires to create a healthy deficit. Will I still loose the weight if I have things like dark chocolate (in moderation)?.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,564 Member
    Options
    Yes, you will. Losing weight comes from being in a calorie deficit. How "clean" you eat is up to you.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Eating in a caloric deficit is how you lose weight.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Yes. Calories are what matter for losing weight. Stay under, you will lose. You should aim to hit your macros as well. This will inherently limit what you can or can't eat, but will allow you to fit in some less nutritious snacks from time to time.
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    In all honesty, calorie deficit, cardio and weight training will help you loose weight. You would know you are in calorie deficit by accurate logging.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I lost over 120 pounds eating what ever I wanted in moderation and yes my food was cleaned!!! ;)
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    This topic has been done to death.

"Clean eating" (whatever that means) does not matter for weight loss. Since you don't have that much weight to lose, you should probably set your goal to .5 lb/week. It is going to come off slowly, and that's okay. Focus on fitness goals and getting enough protein/fat. You will likely need to be very accurate, so weigh and measure everything that you eat in order to be as accurate as possible. The weight will come off - patience and consistency is key.

You do not have to eat clean to lose weight, period. You can eat chocolate/pizza/ice cream/burgers/broccoli/fish/whatever you want in moderation as long as you are eating less calories than you burn.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    This topic has been done to death.

"Clean eating" (whatever that means) does not matter for weight loss. Since you don't have that much weight to lose, you should probably set your goal to .5 lb/week. It is going to come off slowly, and that's okay. Focus on fitness goals and getting enough protein/fat. You will likely need to be very accurate, so weigh and measure everything that you eat in order to be as accurate as possible. The weight will come off - patience and consistency is key.

You do not have to eat clean to lose weight, period. You can eat chocolate/pizza/ice cream/burgers/broccoli/fish/whatever you want in moderation as long as you are eating less calories than you burn.

+1 :)
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what people call clean eating, but dark chocolate is a health food. So are nuts. Mix those together and you have the makings of a candy bar.
  • TCO76
    TCO76 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    You will get DOMS. I WOULDN'T ADVISE.
  • jenifur2015
    Options
    TCO76 wrote: »

whats that mean?
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    TCO76 wrote: »

whats that mean?

DOMS delayed onset muscle soreness.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate gives you DOMS?
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    We should try it to find out. Let's all eat dark chocolate until one of us gets DOMS.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I'm in.