What Are Some Good Meals To Eat While Trying To Shread Fat?

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    cbri02 wrote: »
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    webcray wrote: »
    If you want to lose fat, you need to limit your intake of fat. Limiting your calories will only get you so far.

No..no...and no

Need Some Help Looking For The Best Diet Plans To Lose Fat.

Low carb, high fat with HIIT training. Quickest and most efficient way to shredding fat.

Maybe...but if 'low carb, high fat with HIIT training' still leaves you eating at maintenance or in a caloric surplus, you won't lose fat/weight.

Regardless of how you get there, calories are king. Eat less, burn more. Period.

Even at maintenance, you can cut down if you training is designed property. Cardio Acceleration while lifting heavy compound movements, will shred fat in a caloric deficit an at a maintenance. Not because the calories burned in that particular training bout exceeds the calorie in vs calorie out theory, but because with HIIT your body will burn calories for up to 24 hours. Me personally, and in many clients, i've had them lose inches around the waist, but increase weight, at a caloric surplus and maintenance level. Mind you, we are athletes, not body builders, so our training is much more intense then the average gym member.

I don't particularly agree with the calories are king theory. If you have a well designed macro nutrient breakdown, the calories will place themselves correctly. Counting calories is also extremely inaccurate. Lets me honest, how many people really weigh out every bit of food, and calculate what the food is being cooked in. Only serious body builders.
    So much broscience here. May want to actually consult peer reviewed clinical studies from Journals of Medicine, Sports and physiology because science does actually count here.
    And how can one be at calorie deficit if they are eating at maintenance? Physically impossible. You either are at a surplus, maintenance or calorie deficit.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• cbri02
    cbri02 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    If you want to lose fat, you need to limit your intake of fat. Limiting your calories will only get you so far.

No..no...and no

Low carb, high fat with HIIT training. Quickest and most efficient way to shredding fat.

Maybe...but if 'low carb, high fat with HIIT training' still leaves you eating at maintenance or in a caloric surplus, you won't lose fat/weight.

Regardless of how you get there, calories are king. Eat less, burn more. Period.

Even at maintenance, you can cut down if you training is designed property. Cardio Acceleration while lifting heavy compound movements, will shred fat in a caloric deficit an at a maintenance. Not because the calories burned in that particular training bout exceeds the calorie in vs calorie out theory, but because with HIIT your body will burn calories for up to 24 hours. Me personally, and in many clients, i've had them lose inches around the waist, but increase weight, at a caloric surplus and maintenance level. Mind you, we are athletes, not body builders, so our training is much more intense then the average gym member.

I don't particularly agree with the calories are king theory. If you have a well designed macro nutrient breakdown, the calories will place themselves correctly. Counting calories is also extremely inaccurate. Lets me honest, how many people really weigh out every bit of food, and calculate what the food is being cooked in. Only serious body builders.
    So much broscience here. May want to actually consult peer reviewed clinical studies from Journals of Medicine, Sports and physiology because science does actually count here.
    And how can one be at calorie deficit if they are eating at maintenance? Physically impossible. You either are at a surplus, maintenance or calorie deficit.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Broscience lol.. Call it what you want, I have my degree, and i have my certifications. Not to mention a successful client base.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Ummmm...did you read the poster you quoted's list of credentials?
  • ninerbuff
    Options

No..no...and no

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Broscience lol.. Call it what you want, I have my degree, and i have my certifications. Not to mention a successful client base.
    Anecdotes aren't evidence. Again, explain how one is in calorie deficit while eating at maintenance? Physically impossible. It's either one or the other.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • Aegelis
    Aegelis Posts: 237 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    lean meats, plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, a spattering of healthy fats, and overall less of what you have been eating.

This works for me, I've lost 64 pounds and have kept it off. These foods help me feel full because I can eat more of them for less calories. Bread/pasta/wheat products and dairy rack up calories without much benefit.

• wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options

Not true at all. People who understand that counting calories works, do it. I weigh my food, almost 100% of the time except when I go out. I count cooking oils/butter. When I have to guesstimate, I over estimate - I work hard to not go over my calorie goal. It's the easiest most do-able weight loss plan I have ever done.

• cbri02
    cbri02 Posts: 13 Member
    Options

No..no...and no

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Anecdotes aren't evidence. Again, explain how one is in calorie deficit while eating at maintenance? Physically impossible. It's either one or the other.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I didn't speak as the same person was in a deficit and a maintenance, i'm saying I've seen the lean bulking done at all 3 phases.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

No..no...and no

So, you're saying that people who have no experience moderating their calorie intake, who have maybe participated in binge/restriction cycles or yo-yo dieting for years, who cannot estimate portions, will somehow just inherently *know* how many calories to eat if they get their macros correct?

And, if you spend a little more time here on MFP, I think you'll see that there are quite a few people (myself included) that weigh and measure everything they eat.
  • ninerbuff
    edited March 2015
    Options

No..no...and no

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I didn't speak as the same person was in a deficit and a maintenance, i'm saying I've seen the lean bulking done at all 3 phases.
    Here's your quote:
    Acceleration while lifting heavy compound movements, will shred fat in a caloric deficit an at a maintenance. Not because the calories burned in that particular training bout exceeds the calorie in vs calorie out theory, but because with HIIT your body will burn calories for up to 24 hours.
    Now if you have a degree in any physiology at all you should know that regardless of activity or not, the body is ALWAYS burning calories 24 hours a day. What HIIT does is to help increase RMR to an extend (not as much as every thinks it does) and does help with hormonal output versus say one with moderate or low intensity training. However it's still calories in and out for fat loss. To deny that would disingenuous as a professional in this business.
    Professional NFL linemen do LOTS of HIIT during games and practice, yet are much more rotund than their runningback, receiver, etc. counterparts. So if HIIT was just the answer, they should be just as "ripped". Obviously not so.
    Also you'd have a hard time explaining how someone "bulks" in calorie deficit.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • Charliegottheruns
    Charliegottheruns Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Did you know the most common trait among successful dieters is adherence. :o
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Tru dat. Consistency and adherence is where most people fail when it comes to maintenance after reaching goal.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• starrthighh
    Options
    If you want to lose fat, you need to limit your intake of fat. Limiting your calories will only get you so far. Diet with a proper exercise routine that includes strength and cardio training will get you were you want to be.

Depends where she wants to be. If someone wants to be a ripped body builder then yeah, monitoring food intake and lots of the right exercise is necessary.

If all someone wants to do is lose weight then all that's needed is a calorie deficit. Doesn't matter if all they calories they eat are fat, if they're in their calorie goals they'll lose weight (they might get scurvy or whatever, but they'll also get thinner!)

Yes!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

TIL I'm a serious body builder

lol

I'd almost forgotten what it was like to be 22 and know everything.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

No..no...and no

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

you should get a refund
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

No..no...and no

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

What do you have your degree in? And what certifications? Are you a registered dietitian?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose fat, you need to limit your intake of fat.

Susan Powter! Welcome to MFP and the 2010s.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Now you may find it inconceivable or at the very least a bit unlikely that the relative position of the planets and the stars could have a special deep significance or meaning that exclusively applies to only you, but let me give you my assurance that these forecasts and predictions are all based on solid, scientific, documented evidence, so you would have to be some kind of moron not to realize that every single one of them is absolutely true. Where was I?
  • nuttynanners
    nuttynanners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Eat less processed food. Processed food can slow down the metabolism. Give your body food that is more easily digested. I'm not saying you need to go raw or anything, just look at the list of ingredients on your food... if it's a whole paragraph, it's probably not worth eating!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

No..no...and no

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Just stop f'ing lying, bro.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

This needed to be said. And often. :)