Anyone using Misfit Flash / Shine???

Options

Replies

• sineadtoft1
    sineadtoft1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I got a misfit flash the device its self was great but the strap broke in 4 days, emailed customer service they are sending me a replacement so I was thrilled. .5 days after i lost it from the clip supplied :-( emailed them and told them due to the bad accessories that I had lost it no reply to that email. I would say that it works well with mfp but wait until the improved holders are released. I am now saving for a more expensive tracker that isn't so easy to lose. Sinead
  • sineadtoft1
    sineadtoft1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ps still have not received the replacement band lol
  • terris253
    Options
    Hi all, Just bought a misfit flash thinking it would sync to MR P and it doesn't. Any help?
  • terris253
    Options
    terris253 wrote: »
    Hi all, Just bought a misfit flash thinking it would sync to MR P and it doesn't. Any help?

Obviously MFP not Mr P
  • Hey guys! Add me as well! My name is

gogogogogo

I've had other fitness trackers and I'm really digging the Flash so far. I only use it when I cycle and I'm not exactly sure how accurate it is, but I feel like it's fairly close considering it's price point. I'd definitely recommend one - been using it since Jan 1 and it's simplicity really motivates me.

Hope you're all well and meeting your goals!
  • jhaehl
    jhaehl Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi everyone;
    I would love to some friends on the misfit app- and here too- there I am jaehl.
    I've had the flash since the beginning of January and I really like it. Yes the strap broke but I had read so many accounts if that happening I wasn't surprised. Now I tuck it into my waistband and it is fine. More accurate I think too because on my wrist it was counting steps when I was knitting:/. I got it on sale at futureshop for 30$CDN so it's all good. I really like the sleep tracking feature and I have it synced here to MFP and although I haven't been tracking my food for a while it has been keeping track if my steps everyday- guess I better get back to tracking food!
  • sblueyez
    sblueyez Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I use it after switching from fitbit. I like it better. I requested they replace the strap, which also broke on me... We will see if they hold true. Add me if you want, I don't have a way to add via the app I'm using.
  • jhaehl
    Options
    I've been sending friend requests to those of you who said they want friends there on the misfit app- just so you know!
  • jhaehl
    Options

Obviously MFP not Mr P

Terri-
    Mine is synced and it works really well.
    And on the misfit app it shows my meal totals and calories.
    Did you get yours to work?
    I went to "add devices" and it went from there. I have an iPhone 4
  • beckytcy
    beckytcy Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    bittaanne wrote: »
    My sports band already broke, has anyone else had this happen? Now I use the clip, but want to swim and I've heard the wrist tracks better. Thoughts?
    Yes, mine broke the day I bought the thing! Terrible design. I returned it and now use a Garmin watch, which tracks steps AND has a GPS so it'll map where you run outside. The Misfit was cheap for a reason...
  • SuzieQzie65
    SuzieQzie65 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have one & love that it will track in the pool. It shouldn't matter where you have it on. Have you registered yours yet? The band should be in the warrantee or go to the store you bought it from. The band doesn't need to be tight.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Anyone having issues with syncing to MFP today? My exercise calories sent over to MFP from misfit seem okay, but on the misfit app it counted my breakfast seven times!
  • trmulder
    trmulder Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You may need a battery change. Mine stopped syncing a while back for no reason and after deleting the app from my phone and the battery swap it's back to normal. Just my $0.02. Hope you figure it out.
  • megmuffer
    megmuffer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    tigerblue wrote: »
    Anyone having issues with syncing to MFP today? My exercise calories sent over to MFP from misfit seem okay, but on the misfit app it counted my breakfast seven times!

Mine is doing the same thing! I thought it was a glitch but it keeps doing it.
  • Gaelgps
    Gaelgps Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I bought a Shine on week ago and it's been great I attach to my bra or waist band. Great it works with MFP. Only issue I've had was yesterday it deleted most of my data for the day at the end of the day ...looked like I'd been a real slob and not eaten much but MFP still recorded everything. Seems ok today.

• OKbookwoman
    OKbookwoman Posts: 10 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I've been using my flash for 53 days with no problems. I had read reviews about the wristband breaking, so I treat it with kid gloves. No tugging, etc. That said, I wear it constantly. It's pretty accurate as well as I can tell. I really like the sleep function since I am an insomniac. I think it has helped a bunch! Add me as friend on Misfit and MFP. I could use the motivation.
  • Numberwang22
    Numberwang22 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hi I switched from fitbit to misfit flash recently. I've found it captured more activity but I randomly lose up to a half days steps after synching. Since I use the exercise calories to eat more could do with something more reliable!! Emailed customer support but no reply...
  • runnrchic
    runnrchic Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I've had my shine a week and I love it. It's very accurate. I love that I can hide it and not have anything around my wrist. I'm runnrchic
  • aam117
    aam117 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    i've had my shine since the end of december and it's worked great so far. i generally wear it on my wrist using the sports band it came with and haven't noticed any loosening or breakage. a couple of times it glitched and "lost" some of the steps/points i had accumulated for the day, but that hasn't happened in a while (i was guessing it had something to do with synching to different devices, but not 100% sure). i'm hoping they will add more activities that it tracks, but i'm content for now with what i am able to measure.

feel free to add me: aam117
  • afur73
    afur73 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    i have a misfit fash, my user name is afur73 feel free to add me. i find it over compensate the amount of sleep i have but not wildly so.