Rate my Diet -

Options
jflaur71
jflaur71 Posts: 26 Member
edited March 2015 in Food and Nutrition
Please evaluate my Diet and let me know what you think. Traveling, staying Hotels for work . Breakfast & Lunch is consistent. Dinners is usually a You pick 2 at Panera Bread. Exercising minimum 4x wk (thankful Polar now syncs with MFP). Been stagnant at around same weight for a few weeks now. I am now measuring everything. Discovered I was definitely under reporting on Mixed nuts. Anyway logged for a while stopped and now back to it to improve results! Registered for 1/2 Marathon April 25....so every day counts from this point on.

Excercise Details:

Weight Lifting - UpperBody w/training Partner 2x Week (1 Hr)
*strength progression is made every week

Cycle Class 1-2x per week (1 Hr)

Cardio Rotation : Cybex Arc Trainer, Treadmill (walk/run), Octane Lateral X Crosstrainer(elliptical), Concept 2 rower

Mixture of above Cardio 3x per week 30-45 min
Thanks

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Your calorie goal seems low/aggressive. Are you asking for places in the diary where you can get more protein in your day? Panera's turkey chili is good for protein. The broth bowls are good, with the lentil and chicken having the most protein. The bowl of broccoli cheddar soup is 330 calories and 14 grams protein.
    The sodium is high of course, so occasionally pick up precut veggies from a grocery store or a bag of lettuce.
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Please evaluate my Diet and let me know what you think.
    Your diet? According to MyFitnessPal, you've only logged twice, and significantly missed your calorie target both days. Either your goals are set wrong, or you're eating too little. Couldn't say which of those two since you didn't share your weight goals nor your stats.

Calories should be the first or second consideration in most diets.
    I am now measuring everything
    Solids are more accurately measured with a scale, preferably set to grams. That yesterday included "30 nuts (1oz)' is a possible indicator you're not doing this and still overeating nuts.
  • jflaur71
    Options
    I have not logged consistently for a week...but the Food Log is there. This week I have weighed all portions with a scale (grams). Sitting at 240 Lbs now...my perceived goal weight is 175-185. I guess we will see when I Get there. MFP set Calories to a little over 1800. Generally don't eat excercise calories back unless I have an additional quest bar or something similar. Typically work out in evening.

Typically on the Go or traveling frequently so I am trying to standardize breakfast & Lunch with stuff I can keep in cooler. After weighing food realized I was overeating nuts. This week weighed out 1 oz bags

Just looking for advice if I am on the Right track...lost 25 Lbs so far

Thanks
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    We really can't evaluate unless you start logging consistently. But honestly if you are eating 1800 calories and cycling for one hour, for instance, you are not eating enough for a man that weighs 240 lbs. I would estimate you're burning at least 600 calories. If that's the case, you would only be netting 1200 calories. Barely enough for a petite woman to live on. Could be why you are stalling. Please log everything, including exercise. And eat more!
  • RodaRose
    Options
    If you know that you are going to exercise, you can "eat back" you calories during the day instead of waiting at night to look for a quest bar. In other words, eat bigger portions during the days that you exercises.
  • jflaur71
    Options
    I work for a Railroad...schedule can change at anytime and disrupts my workout schedule......like today
  • RodaRose
    edited March 2015
    Options
    jflaur71 wrote: »
    I work for a Railroad...schedule can change at anytime and disrupts my workout schedule......like today

That kind of schedule is tough. Still, you need to eat more. Maybe instead of looking at a 24 hour window (daily calories) look at the whole week. So for example, if you work out tonight, you know that you need to eat more tomorrow.

• jflaur71
    Options
    That is an idea. thanks for the insight, there will be no exercise tonight, just getting off work ....my day started at 5 am

But I will eat more as you say I should do...Taco Bell Drive thru, well at least it will be easy to log

Thanks for your Support