Low Calorie, HIGH protein Smoothie Recipes?

Options
Hi,
I am needing to get about 60 grams of protein a day. I only eat fish and no other meat, so it is hard to even get 30 gs a day. I am looking for a protein shake recipe that is not packed w/ calories. I have been using PB2 lately as a PB chocolate and Milk type protein shake. This has about 18 gs of protein in it. Any other ideas? Thanks in advance for offering ideas!

Replies

• PowerfulHunt
    PowerfulHunt Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Just throw in one scoop of protein powder. The one I use is 120 cals per scoop & 24 g of protein.
  • farberry
    farberry Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to use a powder, add high protein greek yoghurt or even better silken tofu. Really high protein, neutral taste, and it blends totally smooth and creamy. (silken is different to the block tofu you'd use for stir frys etc)
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Silken tofu -- yes! This one is delicious, and it makes an extremely large portion at just under 300 calories. It has 26g protein. In the photo, I've done blueberry, but any frozen berries will do. They must be frozen in order to get this soft-serve type result.

A 12 oz. package of Morinu Silken firm tofu
    1.5 cups frozen fruit
    approx 2-3 tsp Crystal Light drink powder, any flavor, I prefer lemon

Whip it all together in a food processor. Garnish with fresh berries if you have them. This is very very filling and really satisfying.

xa56yu0x3tt0.jpg
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Protein powder...in water. Boom.
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Silken tofu -- yes! This one is delicious, and it makes an extremely large portion at just under 300 calories. It has 26g protein. In the photo, I've done blueberry, but any frozen berries will do. They must be frozen in order to get this soft-serve type result.

1.5 cups frozen fruit

Whip it all together in a food processor. Garnish with fresh berries if you have them. This is very very filling and really satisfying.

xa56yu0x3tt0.jpg

Holy taste buds batman! That looks amazing!
  • shortstacksassypants
    Options

1.5 cups frozen fruit

xa56yu0x3tt0.jpg

What a great idea, can't wait to try it!
  • jimeneze26
    Options
    farberry wrote: »
    If you don't want to use a powder, add high protein greek yoghurt or even better silken tofu. Really high protein, neutral taste, and it blends totally smooth and creamy. (silken is different to the block tofu you'd use for stir frys etc)

THANK YOU!!! I WILL TRY THIS