Do you take cheat days?

Options
kjerome101
kjerome101 Posts: 61 Member
I do every once in a while, but I always regret them!!!

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    I do all the time,, just go work it off.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I indulge on the weekends. I don't regret it though. I know my personality and trying to fit chocolate or other treats in my life every day wouldn't work for me. It just opens the floodgates.
  • rbiss
    rbiss Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Right now almost everything is a cheat day. I have my settings at 2 lbs a week which is roughly 1000 calories less per day. If I go over a bit, I don't worry about it, but I log everything and try never to go over by 1000 on any given day. That way, even on a "bad" week, I can still loose a bit of weight. If I was perfect and was always under or met my calorie goal, I would probably eat a calories heavy cheat meal but still log it. If you know the numbers, you can make better decision.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    yea i have very high calorie days once in a while ...never regret it
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    No. This is my lifestyle, why would I "cheat"?

I'll have days where I go over my calories, especially if I eat out, but I keep to my weekly deficit to compensate for it.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I'm in a small cut right now and pretty much let myself relax on the weekends. I don't go crazy...pretty much just to maintenance. I regret nothing. My coach tells me that it's good to re-feed my metabolism anyway...I'm pretty shaky on the science there, but whateves...I'm cutting so it's working and I love the weekend.
  • csimrill
    csimrill Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I just started tracking my calories, and I have the same question for everyone. Do you have a cheat day or meal each week? And do you accurately record it or fudge? I really would like to have a cheat day every week.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I don't cheat, I just eat in such a way that makes me happy so I don't feel like I need to cheat.
  • kjerome101
    Options
    I don't cheat, I just eat in such a way that makes me happy so I don't feel like I need to cheat.

i like that answer!

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

For me I feel that if you need to cheat you're doing it wrong ..,
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

For me I feel that if you need to cheat you're doing it wrong ..,

I agree with this...
  • MeganFlanagan16
    MeganFlanagan16 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I don't need to cheat. I love everything I eat even if it's healthy and I've lost 8lbs in 2 weeks... No cheating on my record :smile:
  • MeganFlanagan16
    MeganFlanagan16 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Also, everyone once and a while it is good to eat more calories than you would in a normal day to boost your metabolism, but it should still be healthy foods you're eating when you do that.
  • kjerome101
    Options
    I don't need to cheat. I love everything I eat even if it's healthy and I've lost 8lbs in 2 weeks... No cheating on my record :smile:

that's awesome! congrats!

• laura3977
    laura3977 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Like others have said, I don't think of them as "cheat" days since I'm not doing anything wrong and I definitely don't feel bad about it. I am a lot more relaxed about what I eat on my weekends, I try to aim for maintenance calories although there have been times when I go even above those. I try to focus on the big picture. I didn't get to be 85 lbs overweight because I had a calorie heavy meal or even day, I'm here because I had MANY meals/days/weeks where I was eating way above even my maintenance calories.

I log accurately (or as accurately as possible) every day - even days when I'm WAY over my calories. I personally don't see the point in fudging, if I'm going to fudge I might as well not enter anything.
  • ddixon503
    ddixon503 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Cheat days? No. Cheat meals? HECK YEAH!
  • CarlaKrl
    CarlaKrl Posts: 3
    Options
    I do sometimes but i feel really guilty after!
  • Yogi_warrior
    Yogi_warrior Posts: 5,464 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Every day is cheat day for me. I eat what I like.
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I try to stay on track until I need to take a cheat day (usually more like a cheat MEAL), such as when I want to go out with friends for happy hour or something. And I don't ever feel guilty about that, because I refuse to let my diet/lifestyle change impact my social life. If it is, then I need to take a step back and reevaluate if I'm being too serious or ridiculous about it. You're still allowed to go have fun - eat the fries, and drink the beer once in awhile! :D
  • tlbev2015
    tlbev2015 Posts: 28
    Options
    Are you neglecting your cravings to much? Try to just eat in moderation. Buy single serve snacks or sweets and individual chocolates and such. If you had an overall good day then a little bite of what you crave is needed and deserved to satisfy what could bloom into a craz in the long run. Best wishes...friend me if u like