WHO HAS MOM FAT?!?!

Options
Well my son just turned a year, so using the "I just had a baby" excuse just makes me look silly!! So it is time to make a change. I started running a few months ago and ran in 2 5ks so far this spring. I am hoping to do a few more before the end of the summer. My husband is active and runs marathons and I am so sick of looking like his fat wife or mother!! :) Now that I have a good base for exercise I needed to make a change in my diet, so that brought me here! I hope to find so similar people here and LOVE looking at the success stories!! Hopefully one day I can be one too!!

Replies

• trishobr
    trishobr Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    My kids are all grown now so I can't use the "I just had a baby" either! LOL Have a great day! :laugh:
  • chocbeast
    chocbeast Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Me and my daughter is nearly 3!! I'm doing C25K so looking forward to doing some 5K's this year too.
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    mine is 5 years old...it must go!
  • annie_p
    annie_p Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I've got an almost 19months old...going strong and have lost 50lbs already! I've always been bigger, but now I have the dreaded C-section belly flap. If I could get rid of that I would be the happiest momma alive!
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    <raises hand>
  • Windi38
    Windi38 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I used it for quite a few years after the boys were born, even though I had actually lost all the weight I gained while pregnant! I just kept adding more each year, just a little bit....until I ended up at the same weight I was when I was 9 months pregnant! *rolls eyes*.....the things we say to ourselves!

I realized at the end of March that I had *SAID* I was going to lose this weight in March of LAST YEAR, and I was a grand total of 0 pounds lighter. I don't know what clicked, but they say that when you are ready, you are ready.....and I've lost 19 pounds in the last 7 weeks. It took me 4 months to lose 10 pounds last year, and I gained it all back by the end of the year.

I'm done being overweight, not feeling good, using the mom fat excuse when my kids are 9 and 11, and constantly thinking about it.

A blogging friend was posting updates on this site on FB and so I asked her about it, joined in April, having already lost 5 pounds, and haven't looked back since! I'm amazed at what tracking foods does for you.....I had no idea how much I was really eating. Figured out quickly enough that I don't actually eat a huge amount of food, but enough to gain weight at a nice steady pace, which is exactly what I've done for the last 18 years!

I'm really looking forward to posting in the 'Success Story" topic!!! :) Hopefully before the end of the summer! No, not hopefully, FOR SURE!!!!!
  • Jeepinmom4
    Jeepinmom4 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Lol my youngest is 2. I say all the time that my kids all gave me 20lbs each! Lol
  • GaveUp
    GaveUp Posts: 308
    Options
    Over the years of losing weight I have never lost my baby fat... my youngest is 25 LOL. Anyway I heard that adding "30 day Shred" with Jillian Michaels along with jogging can help tone the mid section... I am only on day 3 so we will see. Good Luck!
  • DanceYogaRun
    DanceYogaRun Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! The first pregnancy melted off and then sone. This second one, not so much. (I blame the suburbs!)
  • rachel0468
    rachel0468 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have a 15 month old and everything on my body seems to be toning up except the baby fat! Mother nature can be quite cruel!
  • cmyrick75
    cmyrick75 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    LOL, my daughter is going to be 5 and I still have "mom fat." Slowly is it going away but I still have a good 20 pounds and 2 pants sizes before I am back to my "Before baby" self
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Me!!! My third baby is 14 months. I spent my entire 20s either pregnant, breastfeeding, or trying to get pregnant again. Now it's time for me to just focus on me and really ENJOY being a sexy mamma in my 30s.
  • Rice27
    Rice27 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Right there with you! I have a 1 year old, 4 year old and a 5 year old! Stomach is def my trouble area! Running my first 5K this weekend - very motivating to have soemthing to work towards!
  • mirandamatte
    mirandamatte Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Thats what got my butt in gear....my son turned 12 months old last month in Im still not in my size 6's. I could kick myself for not BFing this time. I swear by 7month post partum I had lost all baby weight and some when I BF with my first.
  • wildehoney
    wildehoney Posts: 1
    Options
    So I have three children, my youngest just turned a year old. I have put on 100lbs which each pregnancy and always lost 80 of it following their second birthdays. This last child seems to be going differently I have yet to lose any weight and really need encouragement. It is so tiring being a mommy. My husband is a full-time student and is very busy. I have been walking in the mornings but I know the main thing is that I need to change my diet. I wish I was not so stubborn about what I eat.. It feels like a mental illness sometimes. I know what I need to eat and yet always eat what I want instead, and then feel guilty it is ridiculous.
  • aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    he he... i still have mine... and my 'baby' is 28 and a mommy herself. i am trying to get back to what i weighed when i gave birth to her. she on the other hand has a two and a half year old and is as slim as a willow
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    MFP helped me lose my baby weight and the dreaded pouch! My daughter is 7 months old now. Good luck to you all, it can be done!
  • Lissy2000
    Lissy2000 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi! I have a 9 month old daughter. I was stuck in the mindset of "9 months to put it on, 9 months to take it off", but quickly realized that losing weight after having a baby is way harder for me than before! And I am also sick of looking at the c-section flap, as one previous poster mentioned. I would really like to get back to my "wedding weight" that I was back in Nov. of 2008. That was around 130 lbs. I know I can get there again, but I have my first goal of getting to 145. I would love to get there by July 10th, which is when I will be taking my sweet baby girl to the beach for the first time in Destin.