Sports Bra vs Normal Bra

Options
13»

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Support is definitely key to prevent sagging, however if your normal bra fits PROPERLY you would not need a sports bra for support. Be sure:

*band snug on the loosest hook
    *band parallel to the floor
    *band not able to be pulled more than 1" from body
    *gore (center part) sitting flush against chest
    *straps securely on shoulders, not digging in and not falling off

pfft....That just does not work for my currently E cup boobies (At one point I was a G). Even bra's that fit properly for everyday wear do not come close to offering the support needed for high impact exercise.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Support is definitely key to prevent sagging, however if your normal bra fits PROPERLY you would not need a sports bra for support. Be sure:

pfft....That just does not work for my currently E cup boobies (At one point I was a G). Even bra's that fit properly for everyday wear do not come close to offering the support needed for high impact exercise.

I don't think I'd have tits left if I were to execute a burpee tuck jump without a sports bra :|:s
  • Farm_Girl_Strong
    Farm_Girl_Strong Posts: 81 Member
    Options

Sorry ladies, my post was too vague. I meant to offer all day support you don't need something like a sports bra, if your normal fits properly. For high impact.... Yes of course you want more! I know women who wear two sports bras to exercise in!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    That's my sports bra! (the crossover one in the picture... or at least one super similar). I love it. It's so comfy and does a reasonable job holding my Gs in place. (Sidenote: I'm limited to low impact activity so I don't know how it holds up to high impact stuff).

I would also note that my hubby thinks it's quite sexy... well... it might also be a possibility that he just thinks boobs are sexy. I'm convinced mine are half the reason he married me lol.

Trust me, with larger breasts, a bra like that would not work at all for high-impact.

I would think that a B-cup would be the upper limit.

I can't wear sports bras at all, except for gentle walking and maybe weight lifting. I usually wear a very supportive underwire bra under a shaper top. This allows me to do everything except jumping jacks.

I have a 44DD bra of that version. Not sure what you consider high impact - I wore it to my spin class last night doing all sorts of crazy things I never expected to do on a stationary bike...up and down and pushups off the handlebars and the like...and it was not uncomfortable at all. My butt -pain however may have been distracting me. Plus not everyone may consider spin class high impact, but for me, I'm just thankful to have made it out alive. ;)
    I wouldn't consider spinning high impact, but it can certainly be high intensity! Good on you for surviving!

For me, high impact is running, jumping jacks, hip hop, very intense Zumba (the kind with lots of burpees and jumping more than a food off the ground.)

I don't really see a reason to wear a sports bra all day as I've never found one that was comfortable and flattering. I do like to wear my C9 sports bras around the house, on short walks, etc...but they are really made for someone much smaller than I am and they skirt the line of decency a bit.
  • jjasmelon
    jjasmelon Posts: 101
    Options
    what about a bra like this for everyday: http://www.fantasie.com/lingerie/essentials/speciality/cotton_polyester_smooth_cup_bra.aspx?colour=natural

not the most attractive.. but the shape is different? does it look supportive?
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »

I don't think I'd have tits left if I were to execute a burpee tuck jump without a sports bra :|:s

Hahaha!
    I'd have black eyes if I tried running in my usual balconette/plunge-style bras.