Weight loss pills

Options
so after I'm done breastfeeding I was thinking of trying some sort of weight loss supplement. I don't want to take anything with caffeine or any other stimulant as I have a heart murmur but I was wondering if anyone knew of anything to take that actually works to help lose weight with diet and exercise?

Replies

• misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Diet and exercise, without the scammy supplement.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Alli. Though it will cause u to occassionally poop urself. Stick with diet and exercise. Why mess with that stuff?
  • SarahKhristan
    SarahKhristan Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I just posted about Alli and an unfortunate sneezing/pooping myself incident. Save your money. Genuine diet and exercise will help you lose weight. If you have a little one, I'm certain he or she keeps you on your toes. Use their energy to assist in your weight loss.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Just eat in a calorie deficit. The only thing you lose taking diet pills is money.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Just eat in a calorie deficit. The only thing you lose taking diet pills is money.

Hey, if you're carrying around a bunch of pennies, that could be a pretty big weight loss.
  • salenamartine
    Options
    Lol thanks for the advice guys. Yeah I figured most of Those weight loss things are scams. I've heard about Alli but I'm not sure I want to poop out all my weight or poop when not on the toilet lol.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    31157-Sweet-Dee-NO-gif--Its-Always-S-EYGJ.gif
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    The FDA has a few prescription drugs approved for moderate weight loss. They help some people a little bit.
    For example, the manufacturers call these drugs successful when after one year with diet and exercise the patient has a 5% to 10% weight loss.
    Ask your doctor.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    The FDA has a few prescription drugs approved for moderate weight loss. They help some people a little bit.
    For example, the manufacturers call these drugs successful when after one year with diet and exercise the patient has a 5% to 10% weight loss.
    Ask your doctor.

I think I've found the hidden message
  • Marianne802
    Marianne802 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I looked up Belviq, and honestly, some of the side effects are frightening. Like "Valvular heart disease: Some people taking medicines like BELVIQ have had heart valve problems"

Unfortunately, most, if not all, of the current drugs on the market, either approved or not approved for weight loss can have some nasty side effects. Even the FDA approved products that have undergone years of clinical trails to address effectiveness and safety, still have a percentage of adverse reactions in some people.

I myself have been on Duromine (Phentermine) and do not recommend it. Especially if you have a little one to look after, the mood swings and insomnia are not pleasant.
  • Marianne802
    Marianne802 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Also, from my experience with Duromine. I lost 6kg in three months (the longest a Doctor will give you a script for here in Australia), then put about 16kg back on.

I exercised like crazy and ate next to nothing for 3 months. Probable lost a lot of muscle mass, then reverted back to my old eating habits.

Unfortunately there are no quick, effective and safe pills available yet. Maybe one day. Theres always studdies taking place. This would be a huge industry and I would deffinately invest in shares of the Company that succeeds in developing such a wonder drug.
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Long ago, I took numerous supplements, appetite suppressants, diet pills, stimulants and prescription drugs to try to lose weight. They all worked...temporarily. And with detrimental side effects. And I gained all the weight back and then some when I stopped taking them. I learned the hard way, so learn easily from my wasted years and money! I recommend doing it the practical, healthy way - eat reasonable, measured portions to maintain a caloric deficit, eat healthier foods more often than not, avoid excess and exercise regularly.
  • blcook23
    blcook23 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just stick with a healthy calorie count and exercise. I have taken phentermine before and it was ok for like a few days but then I had terrible headaches and insomnia. Don't fall for the diet pills they are just a scam in my personal opinion.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Save your money and put the work in.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Save your money and put the work in.

In case you don't listen to sound advice. At least consult with your doctor before taking anything! Everyone should do that regardless of having a heart condition, but you especially!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Supplements are not the way to teach you new and healthier ways to lose weight and maintain your weight.

Losing weight is part one.. Maintaining it is part two. Learning to eat right, healthy and exercise (if you do this) will all prove to be long term results. Pills are temporary and you end up eating just like you did or even worse... you eat more and gain it back..

Lots of good advise in the previous posts!!
  • saralynrice
    Options
    Don't waist your money, instead but some cute work out gear that gets u motivated to work out- that's what i do. And just eat at a deficit. I had a baby a year and a half ago and the weight is finally coming off cuz I'm doing it the right way. Be patient, do it right, u don't need any magic pills, and know it's going to take a bit to get where u want to be, but enjoy the journey there
  • lovesophia351
    Options
    Don't waist your money, instead but some cute work out gear that gets u motivated to work out- that's what i do. And just eat at a deficit. I had a baby a year and a half ago and the weight is finally coming off cuz I'm doing it the right way. Be patient, do it right, u don't need any magic pills, and know it's going to take a bit to get where u want to be, but enjoy the journey there
    Try Garcinia Combogia and pure cleanse. Its a new pure supplement for weightloss. It was on the doctor oz show, he even called it the holy grail of weightloss. I bought the set and it works. Everything is 100 percent natural. No caffeine at all. There is no side effects, ive lost 4 pounds in just my first week. It helps with emotional eating, prevents cells from making fat, and a whole lot more. I bought mine on Amazon. Try it out :)
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Try Garcinia Combogia and pure cleanse. Its a new pure supplement for weightloss. It was on the doctor oz show, he even called it the holy grail of weightloss. I bought the set and it works. Everything is 100 percent natural. No caffeine at all. There is no side effects, ive lost 4 pounds in just my first week. It helps with emotional eating, prevents cells from making fat, and a whole lot more. I bought mine on Amazon. Try it out :)

LOL

Strong first post
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options

Because this gif is SO much win and so appropriate for this nonsense.

31157-Sweet-Dee-NO-gif--Its-Always-S-EYGJ.gif