I LOVE ASPARAGUS!!

Options
Oven Roasted Red Potatoes and Asparagus

Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Ready In: 1 Hour
Servings: 6
"This garlicky red potato and asparagus dish is easy and delicious served either hot or cold. Rosemary and thyme give it a sophisticated flavor. Try adding a little chopped red pepper, too...yum!"
INGREDIENTS:
1 1/2 pounds red potatoes, cut
into chunks
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive
oil
8 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
4 teaspoons dried rosemary
4 teaspoons dried thyme
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 bunch fresh asparagus,
trimmed and cut into 1 inch
pieces
ground black pepper to taste
DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2. In a large baking dish, toss the red potatoes with 1/2 the olive oil, garlic, rosemary, thyme, and 1/2 the kosher salt. Cover with aluminum foil.
3. Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Mix in the asparagus, remaining olive oil, and remaining salt. Cover, and continue cooking 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Remove foil, and continue cooking 5 to 10 minutes, until potatoes are lightly browned. Season with pepper to serve.
Nutrition
Information
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Calories: 149
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 4.9g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium: 651mg
Amount Per Serving
Total Carbs: 23.5g
Dietary Fiber: 4g
Protein: 4.2g

Fresh Asparagus, Tomato, and Feta Salad

Cook Time: 5 Minutes
Ready In: 1 Hour 20 Minutes
Servings: 5
"In this recipe, asparagus, tomatoes, green onion and cilantro are tossed with a light vinegar and oil dressing. This is a fresh summer salad inspired by Mediterranean and Asian flavors."
INGREDIENTS:
1/2 cup rice vinegar
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
2 tablespoons olive oil
3/4 pound asparagus - cut into
1-inch pieces, cooked and
drained
1 (4 ounce) container
crumbled feta
1 large tomato, diced
1 green onion, diced
2 tablespoons chopped
cilantro
DIRECTIONS:
1. Whisk together the rice vinegar, white sugar, sea salt, sesame oil, and olive oil in the bottom of a salad bowl. Add the asparagus, feta, tomato, green onion, and cilantro to the bowl with the dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition
Information
Servings Per Recipe: 5
Calories: 143
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 10.9g
Cholesterol: 20mg
Sodium: 609mg
Amount Per Serving
Total Carbs: 7.8g
Dietary Fiber: 1.9g
Protein: 5.1g

Pasta with Asparagus

Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Ready In: 25 Minutes
Servings: 4
"Tender spears of fresh asparagus are simmered with chicken broth and sliced mushrooms. Tossed with angel hair pasta and Parmesan cheese, this makes a wonderful luncheon dish or light supper."
INGREDIENTS:
1 1/2 pounds fresh asparagus,
trimmed and cut into 1 inch
pieces
1/4 cup chicken broth
1/2 pound fresh mushrooms,
sliced
8 ounces angel hair pasta
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon crushed red
pepper
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
cheese
DIRECTIONS:
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
2. Heat the olive oil in a nonstick skillet. Saute asparagus in the pan over medium heat for about 3 minutes. Add chicken broth and mushroom slices; cook 3 minutes more.
3. Drain pasta, and transfer to a serving dish. Gently toss pasta with asparagus mixture; sprinkle with Parmesan and crushed red pepper.
Nutrition
Information
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Calories: 281
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 8.4g
Cholesterol: 9mg
Sodium: 339mg
Amount Per Serving
Total Carbs: 39.4g
Dietary Fiber: 5.7g
Protein: 15.5g

Replies

• hollyknouse
    hollyknouse Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing! I love it too. I eat it all of the time and love new recipes!!
  • CherylleeH
    CherylleeH Posts: 27
    Options
    All these recipes sound great. Will give them a try. Thanks!!!!
  • KyleJCooper
    KyleJCooper Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Great recipes. I also am in love with this vegetable. It goes well with everything! :) I especially like throwing it on the grill in some tin foil with salt, pepper, some chopped onions and a little olive oil and poking a few holes, letting them smoke and cook at the same time. Great side with a steak!
  • ceschwartz
    ceschwartz Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Nummy!
  • bballgrrl34
    bballgrrl34 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    bump
  • angelarozmyn
    Options
    bump
  • TerraGirl17
    TerraGirl17 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Sounds soo good!!! I love asparagus too, and can't wait to try these recipes!! Thanks for sharing!!
  • ♥♥YoungMrs♥♥
    Options
    Asparagus :heart: :love:
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    OMG...this sounds wonderful! It's making me hungry! Thanks for sharing, I will try it tonight!
  • Fertilegrounds5
    Options
    Great recipes. I also am in love with this vegetable. It goes well with everything! :) I especially like throwing it on the grill in some tin foil with salt, pepper, some chopped onions and a little olive oil and poking a few holes, letting them smoke and cook at the same time. Great side with a steak!
    That is my absolute favorite way to have it but I add garlic and a lemon slice mmmmmmmmmmmm. And Salmon instead of steak ;). Now I'm hungry and I want to grill. LOL!
  • foreverloved
    foreverloved Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    ooh I love asparagus too and my bf is very picky about how he eats it, maybe these recipes will help!! thank you!