Cholesterol

Options
i eat a lot of eggs and everytime I log it I get a warning message: your cholesterol is high like it is a bad thing. I don't get it. Ever since I eat a lot of eggs and cholesterol my numbers are better then ever. Must be a myth.

Replies

• MiltonAFC
    MiltonAFC Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    It is a myth. There's plenty of research and articles to back my statement online.

It's no longer the 80s anymore.

4 whole eggs a day crew checking in!
  • evolution328
    evolution328 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with eating cholesterol in moderation. Your body produces its own cholesterol when you don't eat it. It's only bad for you when you eat more than what your body can regulate.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,946 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with eating cholesterol in moderation. Your body produces its own cholesterol when you don't eat it. It's only bad for you when you eat more than what your body can regulate.
    Your body can regulate all the cholesterol you care to eat. In a way your body actually thanks you for eating cholesterol because manufacturing it takes more effort.

• nesian_twin
    nesian_twin Posts: 198
    Options
    they say the egg high cholesterol thing is a myth now yes
    hard to know what to believe anymore
    conflicting advice
    eat this dont eat that
    safe to eat this not safe to eat that
    low carb
    hi carb
    no carb
    high protein

I am sick of it!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,946 Member
    Options
    they say the egg high cholesterol thing is a myth now yes
    hard to know what to believe anymore
    conflicting advice
    eat this dont eat that
    safe to eat this not safe to eat that
    low carb
    hi carb
    no carb
    high protein

I am sick of it!
    I hear you, but the cholesterol thing has been known from the beginning, it was ignored, it was political.

• biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    OK, thanks, I will still eat my 4 to 5 eggs a day and ignore the warnings, lol.