My Goal: Fit Hot Mama

Options
Three years ago I found out my husband had been cheating on me for the last seven years of our marriage. I finally divorced him two years ago. I tried dating but being big is a turn off for men. I go on a date and it never fails that they do not return your messages or calls. It is so much easier just to sulk with junk food than to eat healthy. I have two children and I know I need to be a better example to them. I have not dated in over a year because of this but I realize that I need to lose the weight so I can feel better about myself. Here is my start to being a fit hot mama!!!

Replies

• ForeverCharlie
    ForeverCharlie Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Welcome. This is a wonderful place. I hope you find a lot of encouragement and support, which will ultimately help you meet your goals.

Size does not matter once you meet the right guy :) You're a beautiful woman.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    Confidence, not size, is sexy. I'm sorry you went through that. Get fit for you and the kiddos, though, not to date. Best of luck!!
  • thickerella
    thickerella Posts: 154 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Lose weight to get healthy, not get men. I met my attractive, average-weight husband when I weighed 360lbs. I was/am also partially disabled AND a single mother. Even before I met him I never had trouble getting dates.

There ARE men who won't date a heavier woman, but that shouldn't stop you from finding love, feeling attractive, or having fun. If you lose weight because you think it will help you find/ keep a partner, you are setting yourself up for heartbreak. Issues that exist now will still exist when you're thinner.

I'm not saying don't lose weight. Confidence and health are VERY attractive traits. Just make sure you're doing it for YOU.

• mamanewland
    mamanewland Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I'm a mom of 4 and down 40 lbs so far. I'd be happy to help you any way I can. Add me as a friend!
  • afur73
    afur73 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    get fit for yourself and the kids not for some potential partner. if they were not interested in you because of your size then they were obviously not right for you.

i fell in love with my wife, when she was smaller, then she gained a fair bit of weight, i still loved her, now she is probably skinnier that ever and my love for her has not changed one bit. since she got fit i have unfortunately gained everything that she lost. sadly she has now lost a bit of interest in me. she tried to say it wasnt my weight that was issue but did say that losing some weight might help.

i have decided to lose my excess weight and more importantly we have decided to stick together. my thinking is that if she decides one day that she has had enough then i will be fit enough to attract a new partner.

more importantly i am losing the weight for myself and my kids, i want to be a better father to them, its what they deserve.

feel free to add me if you wish.