*closed group* Flab to Fab 3, Part 2!

Options

Replies

• dezil
    dezil Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I love the part of the challenge to take a multi vitamin! Funny, I bought some awhile back and took them for a little bit... but as any 'new habbit' it's easy to lose the hang of it. So, I'm back at it.. Multi Vitamin here I come! :-)

Also, heading to Colorado Springs on Thurs- Sunday for a friends wedding, etc with my fiance. Should be a grand time! I'm a little nervous as I haven't been on a 'vacation' since I've been on this MFP journey.... The hotel we're staying at on Thurs has a gym so I want to hit that up on Friday a.m.! I am doing my a.m. class workouts M,T,W so I get my 3 in for the week... but I know my eating won't be under control (although I truly do want to try my best!) For sure: NO FRIES! Not sure how much we'll be eating 'out' but I need to do fruits/veggies as a side instead of deep fat fried fries! I can do that!!!

Hoping we'll be on the go a lot.. and moving around a lot... Ahhh! Vacation, I need you, but I'm kinda nervous!!! X)
  • Becky011
    Becky011 Posts: 384
    Options
    For everyone trying to get in the habit of taking a multivitamin, I thought I'd share what worked for me: 1st) I put the bottle of vitamins somewhere I know I'll see it everyday, for me its by my cell phone charger. 2nd) I add it to my diary (in snacks) in advance every day (so for the next day) so I feel obligated to take it everyday! When I go to log I see it there and know if I haven't taken it that I have to :)
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Okay, mini confession time. For some reason I am really struggling with nighttime snacking. I plan out all my meals and snacks in the morning and adjust them throughout the day. I get through the day and follow my plan. Then 7 pm comes along and the snacking begins. I always plan an evening snack but lately I have had a few extra snacks or changed what I was eating to a less healthy. Take last night for instance, I planned on crackers and cheese. I decided I didn't want that so I had some mini rice cakes and a nutty bar. Then a bite of my husbands cheerios, a few sweddish fish, a few chocolate covered expresso beans, and a piece of crystallized ginger. The only reason I didn't get up for another snack is because I decided to go upstairs to bed so I wasn't anywhere near the kitchen.

I don't know why all of the sudden I can't resist the nighttime snacking. All I know is that I need to get in under control before it gets out of hand. I don't think I have been going over calories (I haven't been going back and checking) but it won't be long before it sets me over. Any suggestions on how to curb these snacking habits?

Anyway, Happy Thursday to everyone! I hope you have a great day and a great last chance workout.
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Me too Dani! I have been craving wierd stuff at night and have been eating worse than I use to a few months ago. Maybe I'm bummed because I haven't lost anything in over a month and I'm the type that if I don't see results, I will quit. I definitely don't plan on quitting this time.. I am wondering if I need a little break and then start hitting it hard again? I did agree to "take it easy at the gym" and "eat more calories" but I am beginning to think that this is not going to help me AT ALL. I find myself going over a little here and there and allowing myself "bad" things to get up to my calories. I had Jimmy John's and a slice of pizza for dinner last nigiht.. I was still under but not good choices. I feel like when I only had 1200 cals to play with all day, I was much more mindful. I hate this time of year. I ALWAYS do so well up til about May or so then I lose focus. I don't know what it is!!! I need to reel myself in. I have a weddin coming up that I am standing up in as well as lots of other fun functions this summer. I felt so good about myself a month ago + and all I did was hibernate inside.. now I'm ready to be spectacular out there and I'm sabotaging. Eating at night is just a part of it. UGH.
  • janana81
    janana81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    My weight loss has been WEIRD. I have been steady dropping a little bit here and there since last week. Last Thursday is when I kinda' started not doing so well diet wise. It's like the extra calories have given my body a jump start and my metabolism is finally doing something good.
  • loria30
    loria30 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    So i litterally jumped on the scale this morning just so I could try to get a feeling of where I am with this cast on (to attempt to stay around there), and the scale did not like me jumping on it I guess. It would not settle down on a number. the numbers that were flipping around stayed lower than what it had been at prior to breaking my ankle, but that might have been because my left foot wasn't completely on the scale.

I have a feeling my weight will remain a mystery for the next few weeks.
  • travelgirl09
    travelgirl09 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    So happy for my Sharks! Don't mess with us in our tank! Woohoo! Heading out to celebrate! Chat with you all tomorrow! :) Let's finish Sharks! Bring on Vancouver!
  • mamunroe
    mamunroe Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Weigh in today is not good for me. A gain of 1.4 lbs. WTF!! I don't understand. Whenever I've been on a weightloss journey I've never recorded gain after gain after gain. I'm back to square one right where I started in January. I'm so depressed right now.

3/25 137.7 lbs
    4/8 141.4 lbs
    4/15 141.4 lbs
    4/21 139.7 lbs
    4/29 141.9 lbs
    5/6 141.6 lbs
    5/13 143 lbs

Goal for challenge 130 lbs.
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    So happy for my Sharks! Don't mess with us in our tank! Woohoo! Heading out to celebrate! Chat with you all tomorrow! :) Let's finish Sharks! Bring on Vancouver!

I am happy the Sharks won but mostly because I think the Bruins can beat them :-). Plus I love Joe Thorton ;-p
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    4/1: 170.8
    4/8: 169.0
    4/15: 167.0
    4/22: 168.0
    4/29: 166.8
    5/6: 164.6
    5/13: 164.6

Maintained. I am okay with this. I have been snacking really bad at night lately and have been messing around with my activity level, calories and workout so I expected a stall while I figure it out. I haven't been doing much cardio lately. I am still trying to figure out a balance between cardio and strength. I have been doing the 30 day shred which is definitely kicking my *kitten*, but it is only 25 minutes and a minimal calorie burn so I need to figure out something else I can do in addition to it to give me a little more cardio.

Happy Friday the 13th!
  • DreeDub
    DreeDub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    And again...a gain! Up 1.4 pounds this week! Back to 129.2

I can't keep doing this! HOWEVER>>>I do know what probably played a factor in this weeks gain! I didn't workout hardly at all (ran monday and walked wednesday with a TOTAL calorie burn of 900...eeek!), I've been stressed about all he end of the school year craziness (4 more weeks), and I didn't eat as well as I should/could have!

Next week will be just as challenging with lots of meetings again...so exhausting! I'm sorry to disappoint my F2F friends! I'm not giving up...just trying to adjust and keep moving forward! I have to accept that times are going to get tough but I have to be tougher!

This weekend proves to be a big challenge as well! We're heading up to Boyne Mountain this weekend for one of Keith's work functions. All food/drinks are expensed through the company! I do however get a chunk of time tomorrow morning to workout while he's at his presentation!!!! I intend to take full advantage! Then...when we get home on Sunday...we have a family graduation party to attend! Oh the temptations!!!

I'm done rambling...procrastinating doing the work I SHOULD be doing this morning!

Hope you all had a great week and enjoy your weekend! Love to you all :)
  • bitabee
    bitabee Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    LW: 167.6
    CW: 170.0

due to crazy sleep schedule and totally bizarre eating schedule..!
    however, woke up this am at 5:30 and ran two miles...feels GREAT!
    have a super day, everyone!!
  • Becky011
    Becky011 Posts: 384
    Options
    I haven't been excited to post my weight until today!! 174!! I'm down 2.8 from last week (and about the last month!! :happy:
  • Lindz8afish
    Lindz8afish Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Weigh in this morning: 169.6lbs. Down 1.2lbs from last week! I should be way more pumped about this, I'm in the 160's now! But I'm not feeling that great about it. Still beating myself up over trying on clothes yesterday. Trying to shake it off, I just can't. You would think it's my TOM, but it's not! Ugh.. Anyways I just laid Lukas down for a nap so I'm going to get in a workout now that my foot is feeling better!
  • DianaM1020
    DianaM1020 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    137.3 today- down 1.2 pounds from last week but still 0.3 above when we started... oh well, i'm just trying to maintain. I'd like to get down to 135-136 by the end of the challenge!

Week 13 (4/01) - 137
    Week 14 (4/08) - 136.6
    Week 15 (4/15) - 136.5
    Week 16 (4/22) - 137.6
    Week 17 (4/29) - 136.6
    Week 18 (5/06) - 138.5
    Week 19 (5/13) - 137.3
  • daklex
    daklex Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    4/1 288.9
    4/8 288.0
    4/15 287.6
    4/22 288.0
    4/29 286.4
    5/6 287.4
    5/13 285.6 Back on track...the big, old, overworked engine that could!!

Have an awesome weekend ladies!!
  • bitabee
    bitabee Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Dani and Kerri,
    Glad I'm not the only one who is having trouble snacking at night!
    Kerri, you're so right! It's like, now that the weather is phenomenal, I'm losing focus! I feel like an elementary kid who is sitting inside in class and totally can't concentrate because it's almost summer and so amazing outside...!

And, yes, since I upped my calories to 1400, I've been more careless...maybe going back down to 1200, we'll see if that helps tighten things up!!

Have an amazingly beautiful day, ladies!!!
  • USAFwifey12
    USAFwifey12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Well the gaining continues but it's only 0.2 lb this week. I'm starting a new workout routine with one of my friends next week so I'm hoping that can counteract the damage I've done the past 3 weeks. Congrats to those who lose this week!!!

Week 1 (4/01) - 162.6
    Week 2 (4/08) - 162.2
    Week 3 (4/15) - 157.6
    Week 4 (4/22) - 157.8
    Week 5 (4/29) - 159.0
    Week 5 (5/06) - 160.2
    Week 7 (5/13) - 160.4
  • janana81
    janana81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    4/1 135.5
    4/8 128
    4/15 132.6
    4/22 132.6
    4/29 131
    5/6 131.4

5/13 129.2

WOOT! I am getting there. Here's hoping I can see the bottom of the 120s for my big birthday bash! I still have that bikini to wear!
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    4/1 288.9
    4/8 288.0
    4/15 287.6
    4/22 288.0
    4/29 286.4
    5/6 287.4
    5/13 285.6 Back on track...the big, old, overworked engine that could!!

Have an awesome weekend ladies!!

SOOO happy for you Diana. Keep it up! You deserve it!! =)