Recommended Calories Setting Inaccurate

merricksp
merricksp Posts: 4 Member
Following the recommended options, it set the calories below the 1500 per day for me (male). I have gone thru the settings options, but it makes no difference (see below):

Your Suggested Fitness and Nutrition Goals

Congratulations! Your personalized diet and fitness profile is now complete. Based on your answers, here are your suggested nutrition and fitness goals.
Nutritional goals Target
Net Calories Consumed* / Day 1,400 Calories
DayCarbs / Day 175.0 g
Fat / Day 47.0 g
Protein / Day 70.0 g

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Do you have your weight loss goal set to lose 2 pounds per week? You may need to change that to a slower rate of loss so you'll get more calories.
  • merricksp
    Yes, I do have it set to 2lbs per week, but I didn't think that was excessive against my weight be 17 st 6 lbs. Still confused why it didn't default to 1500 per day, so then it wouldn't give me a warning. However, if that is the answer.... :-)
  • futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    There's a bug with the app right now. Try through the website, or use a calculator on the web and set your goal manually for now!
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    edited March 2015
    There is a bug allowing for lower than normal recommendations. But the calorie goal is still a mathematical equation.

Based on your stated activity level, stats an goal MFP estimates your daily burn (before exercise) then subtracts 1000. So if that amounts to 2400 for you, it means 2 pounds per week might be aggressive... Though it should have bottomed out at 1500.
    merricksp wrote: »
    Yes, I do have it set to 2lbs per week, but I didn't think that was excessive against my weight be 17 st 6 lbs. Still confused why it didn't default to 1500 per day, so then it wouldn't give me a warning. However, if that is the answer.... :-)

• merricksp
    Does anyone know if this has been fixed now? As I lost 10lbs over a certain period (don't ask can't remember), it then readjusted my calories to c.1300. If it hasn't been fixed, I'll adjust manually.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    I've never seen the alleged 1500 male minimum happen in real life. Just dial in a lower loss rate if it bugs you.
  • merricksp
    OK - Adjusted to 1lb per week, and now reset to 1800 calories. Which seems a bit more reasonable. Thanks.