Replies

• 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    40 here, looking and feeling better than ever
  • srmchan
    srmchan Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 and I've lost 50 lbs, dropped 6 inches in the waist, and my strength & endurance have increased significantly. You can absolutely do this.
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I'm 45, and so far I have lost 88 pounds, a total of 59 inches, and my body fat has dropped 13% points. I also have hypothyroidism. Don't let anyone tell you it can't be done, if you really want to do it!
  • wolfbiteaus
    wolfbiteaus Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    motivation, yes I can. motivation, yes I can. god its hard, but yes I can :)
  • MzzNorma
    MzzNorma Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    All this is awesome I can do it

• Denny_the_Wench
    Denny_the_Wench Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Never to late to start ANYTHING in this life! I started scuba diving when I was 49 and got married for the first time last year!

I'm 55 in 2 weeks time and managed to lose 30lbs by a combination of the 5:2 diet and just upping my exercise. Get yourself a fitbit tracker or a pedometer and set yourself daily goals - they don't have to be high... just a bit more that you do normally and you will find the weight goes. The most important thing for me has been portion sizes and becoming food aware... READ the labels on what you are eating - just because it it low fat doesn't mean it is low sugar - a little pot of "low fat" yoghurt can have 3 or more teaspoons of sugar! scary! Also buy a smaller plate to eat your meals from and eat slowly and don't do anything apart from talk to your family when you eat - no reading no TV no phone, if you are aware of your food then it registers with your brain that you are eating and you don't eat as much... works for me anyway...

Go girl... you can do it!
  • MzzNorma
    MzzNorma Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Wow congrats thanks for the encouragement