I just can't eat enough?!

Options
how do you make yourself eat enough?! I eat three small meals a day and I am not hitting my calorie goal. When you diet you are not supposed to eat fatty foods. So I cut all that out and now I don't have enough calories in my day! This is so frustrating. I need a list of healthy fats that I can eat up all in a day so hit my calorie goal?!

Replies

• coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    You need healthy fats - butter, coconut oil, pure virgin olive oil and make your small meals bigger, add more protein.
  • squishprincess
    squishprincess Posts: 371 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    just add more healthy oils and nut butters and eat more often throughout the day if you can't handle larger portions. it's what i do. eat every couple of hours, set a schedule if you need to. doesn't get so hard once it's routine. also don't diet!! make and set goals you can keep for life. throwing in some 'unhealthy' foods won't deter your efforts, just log as accurately as you can. :)
  • steveadams2015
    steveadams2015 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Three times this week MFP warned me that I'm not eating enough yet I ate 3 meals a day plus snacks
  • iloveromanbabb
    Options
    So I literally stuffed myself with healthy fats and I STILL can't come in at the calorie goal. I hit my goal and then I work out and then it goes under again. I feel like I will gain weight of I eat anymore?! lol
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    You didn't gain 53lbs by under-eating--try eating more of whatever it was you were eating before (but smaller portions) until you meet your calorie target.
  • iloveromanbabb
    Options
    Yeah pretty much I did lol no excersise and one big fat food a day. That would do it. :) I'm under eating every time with my calorie goal, that was the point. I eat all healthy foods and work out and I still can get to the calorie goal on MFP.
  • iloveromanbabb
    iloveromanbabb Posts: 10
    edited March 2015
    Options

Lol
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    What is your calorie goal and can you open your diary?

Honestly if you are eating as much as you can and you are not hitting your calorie goal, you are probably eating more than you think and not logging correctly.

This is super-helpful with that: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1296011/calorie-counting-101/p1
  • comeongethealthyro
    comeongethealthyro Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    do not account for calories lost on MFP! just follow your set calories for the day, whether you work out or not.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    do not account for calories lost on MFP! just follow your set calories for the day, whether you work out or not.

Your MFP calorie goal already includes the calorie deficit you decided on. You are intended to eat back at least some of your exercise calories. Most MFP vets suggest eating back half.
  • aalcon
    aalcon Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    What I found that works great for me is including healthly snacks. Like after breakfast I will give it a couple hours when I feel hungry I grab a Greek yogurt throw some almonds in it. Same thing after lunch and dinner. I do work out six days a week too and still hit my caloric intake a day. The scanner on here works great try to scan all your foods. Good luck on your Journey
  • BenniBlanc0
    BenniBlanc0 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Yeah, use the scanner on this up like aalcon no suggests.... Helped me loads... Cutting or bulking!!!!
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Avocado, nut butter, mayo. I've got 1450 calories per day plus whatever extra I allow myself from exercise calories, and unless I'm not feeling well, avoiding going over is the challenge.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Yeah pretty much I did lol no excersise and one big fat food a day. That would do it. :) I'm under eating every time with my calorie goal, that was the point. I eat all healthy foods and work out and I still can get to the calorie goal on MFP.

Right, and what they are saying is add some of the foods in that you used to eat to get to your goal. Eating under your goal is less healthy than having a cheeseburger and hitting your goals.