Peanut butter

Options

Replies

• mawhite717
    mawhite717 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I put it in my porridge every morning. Yum Yum :smooched:

i do the SAME THING!! omg, its soooo good!
  • Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    If you really love peanut butter but are concerned about fat and calories. I would highly recommend PB2 made by Bell Plantation. It's simply crushed peanuts from which the majority of the oil has been squeezed out. You take the peanut powder and reconstitute it with fat free milk, water, juice, any liquid you desire. Also, you can use the powder straight...just sprinkle right on stuff like apples and celery or use in smoothies.

However, if you have no problem with eating regular (so delicious) peanut butter, I would say experiment with it. Apples and celery both go great with peanut butter. Or, for a higher calorie snack, serve with reduced fat wheat thins or other cracker.
  • iheartralphie
    iheartralphie Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    peanut butter is good on pretty much any fruit, esp granny smith apples, honey crisp apples (addicting!) pears, a banana, celery, even carrots (sounds weird, but try it!). If you want to cut down on the fat, use 1 tbs instead of 2 for a serving and mix with honey and cinnamon, greek yogurt and cinnamon, or try it mixed in with orange marmalade and dip and spread it on an apple or pear....yummyyyyyy :)

And it is a little fattning, but its the "good" fat that is neccessary for your body. If you cut out some unhealthy fat, like animal fat or butter, etc, and eat peanut butter instead, its not going to make you gain weight.
  • CallMeMamaBoo
    CallMeMamaBoo Posts: 295
    Options
    Peanut butter and banana sandwich is my fave!!! Sometimes I drizzle a little sugar free chocolate syrup on it too. I use Peter Pan Whipped Peanut Butter...less sugar and less calories and VERY YUM!
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    You should also try other nut butters such as almond and hazelnut. They are healthy fats.

I make my own nut butters. All you need is a food processor and nuts of your choice. Throw in the nuts, turn on and let them process until its butter.

I usually add different flavors, its lots of fun to make it the way you want. Sometimes though depending on what you are adding to it, you might have to add a small amount of healthy oil.
  • iheartralphie
    iheartralphie Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    If you really love peanut butter but are concerned about fat and calories. I would highly recommend PB2 made by Bell Plantation. It's simply crushed peanuts from which the majority of the oil has been squeezed out. You take the peanut powder and reconstitute it with fat free milk, water, juice, any liquid you desire. Also, you can use the powder straight...just sprinkle right on stuff like apples and celery or use in smoothies.

However, if you have no problem with eating regular (so delicious) peanut butter, I would say experiment with it. Apples and celery both go great with peanut butter. Or, for a higher calorie snack, serve with reduced fat wheat thins or other cracker.

oooh I have never heard of that.... I am going to have to look for it!
  • Minnie_Moo
    Minnie_Moo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I :heart: peanut butter

I have it as a snack on a rice cake, or with apple slices, on whole wheat toast and sometimes on a whole wheat waffle with sliced banana ! :smile:

Interested to see if anyone has a recipe for a smoothie with peanut butter ??

Edited: I just recently bought Smucker's natural peanut butter creamy no salt added and it is good :wink:

The only ingredient on the label is peanuts. Here's the nutritional info: 2 tbsp (32g) is 210 calories , total fat 16 g, cholest 0 mg, sodium 0 mg,total carbs 6 g, fiber 2 g, sugars 1 g, protein 7 g.
  • tawojcik
    tawojcik Posts: 67
    Options
    I am a peanut butter junkie too. I have started adding it to my smoothie in the morning. Here is my recipe for a Banana Split Smoothie:

Put contents in blender...

8oz of skim milk
    1 banana
    4 strawberries
    1 scoop of chocolate flavored protein meal supplement
    1 tablespoon of peanut butter
    ice (amount is up to you)

This "meal" keeps me full from breakfast to lunch (largely because of the protein meal supplement).

I was also recently introduced to almond butter as a substitute for the peanut butter. It is very yum and you get more flavor using less of it than peanut butter.

Hope that helps.
  • funluvsweetness
    funluvsweetness Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I choose a reduced fat peanut butter when I do want to indulge. I blend skim milk (1/2 c), frozen banana chunks (~1/3 to 1/2 banana), and 1 TBSP of RF PB with a scoop of vanilla protein powder. This smoothie I only enjoy on occasion, but it is a nice treat for when I'm craving PB. I usually opt for frozen blackberries and raspberries in lieu of the PB for my daily smoothie. It is delicious and the frozen bananas really make the smoothie creamy. I look forward to it every day!
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Can you by PB2 at a store or is it only available online?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Some nutrition stores do carry it. I typically order it online http://store.bellplantation.com/PB2-Powdered-Peanut-Butter-s/3.htm

I use it like protein powder in my morning oatmeal - yum! The texture is different than regular peanut butter (you mix it with water). It's good as a dip ( for apples) - but I don't really like it on toast.
  • sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    I agree with the Fuji apple and PB, My favorite!! I also spread PB on to a banana and eat it like that. Just make sure you have a glass of milk or water of you do that!
  • Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    Options

Here is the link to Bell Plantation. www.bellplantation.com

There is a sample size (1 packet of regular PB2 and 1 packet of chocolate PB2, each packet contains 2 servings) for $3.99. There's where I started. I keep meaning to order the 4 pack of 6.5 oz. jars but haven't gotten around to it yet. It's awesome stuff. =)

oooh I have never heard of that.... I am going to have to look for it!
  • Brandie0502
    Brandie0502 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter w/apples. Today I tried something different for lunch & I made a wrap w/peanut butter & an apple - it was pretty good.
  • nhhartmann
    nhhartmann Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I love Peanut butter too and use the Harris Teeter Naturals Organic peanut butter - it's made with valencia nuts so they are a litlte sweeter than other varieties and it has no sugar added.

My fav dessert is one sheet (4 crackers) graham crackers wtih 1/2 TB peanut butter - sounds really too simple to be that good but it's so satisfying. My sister does this with Nutella (but that's even more cals than PB so I usually stick with PB which I love).
  • createdbyGod
    Options
    I used to eat peanutbutter with oats and honey for breakfast, but it has too much calories. My breakfast used to contain over 400 cal. Now i gave it up completely and my weight is going down better as I can save all those calories for other healthier food.
  • mpdes
    mpdes Posts: 40
    Options
    You can also try a recipe with grilled chicken (chunks) and make the sauce with tomato paste, oignons and peanut butter. Try google it, it's West African Peanut Butter Chicken. You have different twist on the recipe, depending on the region of Africa, I personnaly prefer the one from the West, mainly because I had african bfs from the west making this recipe for me quite often :P
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Protein is great for dieting unless you have a medical condition. Protein is what keeps you fuller longer and helps your body to burn fat. Can't see your Diary but I do 80-100 grams per day as per my Dr. and Nutritionist.
  • ruffledviolet
    ruffledviolet Posts: 260
    Options
    i have it with oatmeal for dessert. lol

and
    broccoli + table spoon of peanut butter + .5 teaspoon garlic powder + ginger + chili powder + pepper + .5 tbsp tamari soy sauce (high in sodium, but for me it's like my only significant source of sodium) = amazing dinner
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Everything is ok in moderation. If I have calories left at the end of the day, I put a teaspoon of peanut butter on a Graham Cracker.