Where do you do fitness?

Options
2»

Replies

• landfish
    landfish Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I found a really cool gym. It's more like a playground than a regular gym. The workouts are basically circuit training based around things like running up and down stairs, doing bear crawls on balance beams and weaving through railings. I've found my body can tolerate this four days a week (fifth day is a straight movement and stretching day that feels awesome).
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    It really depends.

I work 12 hours shifts, 3-4 days a week. If I need a quick workout before work, I usually do one at home, like Insanity or something similar. Days off, I prefer to go to the gym, or I go to Crossfit, because I REALLY don't like spending too much time at home if I can help it. Helps keep me mentally happy.

When I can, I do like to get outside and do various workouts there. Like when I travel, I'll often go for a mile run, find a field or empty space with trees or fences, do some squats, handstands, etc., then run back. Helps keep things unpredictable and exciting.
  • maggierenee88
    maggierenee88 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I also work out at home. Did p90x, Insanity, 30 day shred, now doing 90 day body revolution. I love bring outside too but I'm not much of a runner lol
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Mix it up! Walking outside as much as possible, hand weights, dvds, random YouTube videos at home, and disc golf. Lots and lots of disc golf!
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    @jennibean40‌ I just started taking a mix of Aikido and Krav Maga. It's really fun although I've never done anything like it so there's definitely a learning curve. I say go for it!
  • kandeye
    kandeye Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I do weightlifting in my garage (currently doing stronglifts). I live in a rural town so I really enjoy the natural environment to do my walking/running/ and biking near my house.
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I have a very reasonably priced gym pass and use the free weights section, as well as attend a weekly yoga class. When the weather is terrible and the streets are a mess, I'll hit the treadmills there too. I prefer to run outdoors, though!
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Lately, in my campus gym on a treadmill, or in my dorm doing body weight strength training. Though as soon as this ice thaws and the snow melts, 100% outdoors!
  • rick_po
    rick_po Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I do fitness in a boat!
    And I do fitness with a goat...
    And I will do it in the rain.
    And in the dark. And on a train.
    And in a car. And in a tree.
    Fitness is so good for you, you see!

So I do fitness in a box.
    And I do fitness with a fox.
    And I do fitness in a house.
    And I do fitness with a mouse.
    And I do fitness here and there.
    Say! I do fitness ANHYWHERE!
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    Gym because I have upper and lower body problems - can't run or do any impact (like with a lot of home cardio workouts); can't lift. Gym has a bike and safe machines.

I'm frankly afraid to bike in the city.
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I go to a Jazzercise center. I like that every class has strength training so I will actually do it! And I think I've never gotten bored with it yet because of all the variety in music. It's the first fitness program I've ever done that I kept doing after 2 months. Big deal for me!
  • reedzen
    reedzen Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Currently, I don't have access to a gym (the closest one is an hour away by bus) but I workout at home and go running outside. Currently doing Zombies, Run! 5K program as I am seriously outta shape. Learned on Monday that my mom's in training service puppy loves going on runs so I'm going to start bringing him with me. Keep him healthy too. :)
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Right now, mostly the gym.

As soon as this accursed winter ends, I'll be spending a lot of time on my city's green way (a 15 mile paved trail with no cars). Apparently the nearest trailhead is only 2 miles from my front door. I'll be biking and running all over that thing all summer.

I'm also trying to find a masters swimmers group. There is one that sounds perfect... But it conflicts with my freaking job.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    I run outside. Run on the roads. Run up tall mtns. 14ers in CA, CO. Tetons in WY, Grand Canyon, Zion in UT. Run several marathons, halfs, 10k, 5k. Snowboard, skateboard, wakeboard, rock climb, cycle. I stay pretty active.
  • ceruleanmuse
    ceruleanmuse Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Home gym. My fiancé and I both lift and one of the first things we purchased for our home was a power rack, bench, Olympic weight set, and treadmill.
  • votkuhr
    votkuhr Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Mostly at the gym for weights and BODYPUMP. Then there's the scenic jog around the reservoir where pretty sunsets sometimes happen.

Also other forms of fitness that I try to sneak in: rock climbing, badminton, long walks around town, etc.
  • foursirius
    foursirius Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    A gym called 99 sudbury as well as hotel/local gyms when travelling every other week.
  • arlington21
    arlington21 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I can never do fitness at home because I get really lazy and the couch is just so much more tempting. So instead I go to the YMCA and do karate at this local place
  • UrnAsh_
    UrnAsh_ Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    In my living room.

Outside.