1. Tired of that bloated / full feeling
    2. Tired of spending money after money on junk food
    3. Tired of being out of breath all the time
    4. Tired of feeling exhausted all day everyday
    5. Don't want my daughter to be this way
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    I am very short so even a small amount of weight takes its toll. my weight got over 153 My clothes were too small, I was tired all the time and I could not breathe I said no more... i lost that very quickly and have been stuck at 142 for some time now...but I am strick with my food now and at the gym 5-6 days weekly.
  • time4kim2014
    time4kim2014 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I went to the video store to get a movie, crouched down seeing one of my favorites on the bottom shelf, and could not for the life of me, get back up. I thought, oh I will grab the shelf and use it as support, but it moved and all I could envision was the whole shelf coming crashing down on me. So I seriously had to roll on the floor like a taco and use my some weird combat role to get up. And I dropped the DVD. I am 52 years old and should be afforded the dignity of gracefully retrieving any DVD I so choose.

You are awesome!
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    What was the final push you had to finally lose the weight? What was your motivation?

A knee surgeon who wouldn't take me as a patient because I was very obese and smoked.
    I'm down 73 pounds (so far) and gave up the cigs 9 months ago.

I hope to see the knee surgeon in late summer.
  • notfbam
    notfbam Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I know its very hard with the knee problem but you are a great example to others that you can improve your health AND lose weight when you have limitations. Heres to your continued success!!!!
  • steeheart
    steeheart Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Drinking Bloody Marys by myself in my hotel room in Hawaii because I didn't want to get into a swimsuit.
  • jennaatsuad
    jennaatsuad Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have epilepsy and had to switch medications, and the new one caused a 40 pound weight gain in 6 months! This on top of the weight I had gained over time just by eating poorly and not moving enough had me flirting with 300 pounds, which terrified me. Then I found out both my parents have stage 3 emphysema, and realized I will likely lose both of them before I'm 50 (I'm 41 now). In a tearful call with my father, he said, "I'll do everything I can to be around as long as possible." In that moment, I realized I don't want to be saying that to my kids after I've already been diagnosed with something that will ultimately kill me. I owe it to them and to myself to make changes NOW, while I'm still healthy, that ensure I stay this way as long as I can. I've lost weight before, but I've never equated it in my mind with something I owe my children (which is just silly, but I didn't get to be 282 pounds without a fair bit of cognitive dissonance). There's nothing I wouldn't do for my kids, so I have a quiet confidence and a long-term mindset that I've been missing with previous attempts.
  • ycel0612
    ycel0612 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I was rejected by a guy. LOL. But as i went through my weight loss journey, my goal went from desiring to be skinny to being totally fit not because of anyone but because I love myself.

• TXRedDirt
    TXRedDirt Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    The excitement of my 3 year old to be a dare devil. I want to be there with her and be able to fit into roller coasters, go to water parks and run and play. Being a parent on the sidelines is my biggest fear. My parents are in their mid sixties and still water ski. I want that!
  • pgilly81
    pgilly81 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    having to ask for a seat belt extension on an airplane
  • FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Saw a picture of myself when I was doing a run last year. Had always sort of believed I was "okay".
    Then I saw this picture of me and my stomach was hanging over the waste strap of my backpack and the chest strap just highlighted my moobs
    I want to be a dad who is around for my daughter for as long as possible, I want to take her climbing, snowboarding and windsurfing. All things I did when I was younger but now would just look like some fat unhealthy dude trying to be young again.
    My daughter is 4 and by her 5th birthday, in November I intend to be fit again and never hear her mention daddies "boobies" again.
  • Shandrith
    Shandrith Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My problem isn't so much the number as the way it is arranged on me. I'd guess that at least 50% of my weight is in my belly. At 5'4" and 300# that's a lot of belly. It is the worst possible way to carry weight, and the ugliest. When I realized that I could stand in my panties and from in the front they were invisible, I finally made the choice to change. Sorry if that's TMI :blush: A month on MFP and 10# down, wish me luck!
  • ntftnm
    ntftnm Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lili61
    lili61 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Sick of deluding myself that it 'wasn't that bad' or that they were actually making my favorite jeans smaller... no, it was me getting bigger! I initially started out just wanting to lose some weight, but now I am in it for the health aspects as well (and have become a total gym rat).
  • HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    always sweating, blood rushing to my head while putting shoes on, back pain when bending, and, gosh, my pictures...
  • HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Adults make a plan and stick to it, children do whatever feels good at the moment.

that's BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for that, @allenpriest.
  • susan32958
    susan32958 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I seen a picture of myself and was shocked...So, I am 9 days into a new lifestyle. At least 30 minutes of exercise every day! Still working on my eating habits, but I can and will do it this time! This is so encouraging reading everyone's posts. Thank you all for taking the time to share!
  • kmorales_4
    kmorales_4 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    That picture that my coworker took of me SITTING DOWN. Looking down too just so that my double chin looked extra gross. That was it for me. No looking back now. I must do this to love that girl looking back at me in the mirror more.
  • livingamiracle
    livingamiracle Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Well mine was definitely a combination of things. I had 2 PE's ( massive blood clots filling my lungs with blood ) contracted rhabdomyolysis in June and the Dr's actually called in my whole family to say their goodbyes because I wasn't expected to make it through the night, I almost died three times in the last 18 months, my wife, our youngest son, my mother and sister went on our first and probably only cruise of our life and I had to stay on the boat in the Bahamas because I couldn't make it off the boat and back, my wife bought me new Big Man's clothes and not one single thing fit then I went to the Dr in January was 410 pounds for the heaviest point of my life and my Dr said son u r killing yourself! He said another man is going to be with your wife, someone else will be walking your daughters down the aisle and your son is a sophomore but if u keep this up u may not even see him graduate! So this is a life or death decision! I started in January and have lost 49 pounds so far and have another 125 pounds to lose. Making a mistake is not " failure " refusing to get back up and try again is!
  • corbinskiii
    corbinskiii Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I was between 280-330 my whole adult life, always thought I looked 'ok for a big girl' that changed when I saw a photo of myself I didn't take. I cried for a few minutes and decided I would take a week to do research and figure out the best plan for me. Found MFP, started meal prepping and have never looked back--that was January 2014.I got out of the 300's and I'm about be out of the 200's (200.6 right now, started at 324) 40 pounds until goal.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!