Pork ideas??

Options
MrsGraves2013
MrsGraves2013 Posts: 6 Member
We buy whole pork tenderloins and cut this for pork chops while leaving some whole for pork roasts. I am tired of the same old stuff. Does anyone have any new recipes I can try for with pork???

Replies

• lisaedwards425
    Options
    I don't know where you live but we have oil and vinegar fusti bar, where you can try mixing different flavors. I marinade my chops in blackberry ginger vinegar and pepper. Yummy. You don't need much vinegar at all. Simple.
  • wonko221
    wonko221 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    throw some tenderloin in the slow cooker with salsa or bbq sauce. wait ten hours. CHOMP!
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Check out Clean Eating magazine's website I think they have some yummy recipes there. I love their pork lime tacos! Pork with fried rice and veggies may be another option that you may like.
  • jamesbhynes
    Options
    Whole pork tenderloin roasted in the oven at glazed with a mix of apricot jam and yellow mustard. Roast at 400 until internal temp reaches 145 (will still be pink on the inside). A good digital meat thermometer is worth ots weight in gold. Many people believe pork has to be cooked to 160 like chicken, but that's not the case. Also the reason why a lot of folks think pork can be 'dry'
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    We do the same thing. I use "cream of whatever soup" subsitute, or lots of different spices. I'll cube it and make stir fry, pea/pasta/pork casserole. Go on pintereset and search pork recipes, there's tons.
  • kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    For thiner pork chops it love mixing equal parts balsamic vinegar and tamari (my sub for soy sauce) and let sit until reaches room temp. Then coat with sesame seeds (I like mixing black and white sesame seeds) and cook in skillet with cooking spray over medium heat.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    we made pork chops with salt and pepper, then cooked it in a skillet. I made a sauce for it with finely chopped mushrooms and onions sautéed and then added a bit of brown gravy to hold it all together...we were making a veggie heavy chunky sauce I guess. It was delicious!
  • lburgin
    Options
    Ive marinate pork chops with italian dressing then rolled them bread crumbs and parmesan cheese together. Spray with nonstick spray and bake 350 til done.
  • kyylieeeeee
    kyylieeeeee Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I always make carnitas in the crock pot with pork shoulder or pork loin. SO easy, and a 2 pound cut usually gives me 6-7 big servings.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I find pork to be very versatile with different marinades. I like asian marinades for whole pork tenderloins and then grill them - flavors like soy, ginger, rice vinegar, pineapple juice, etc. Sometimes I will butterfly the pork tenderloin and stuff it with baby spinach leaves, roasted red pepper, artichoke hearts, and feta cheese, then tie it back up and roast that - looks great when sliced for serving. Pork roast in the crockpot with a jar of salsa verde, lime juice, garlic - then shred that and serve it over rice and beans with cheese and salsa for burrito bowls. Or make pulled pork in the crockpot, just with a little bit of apple juice or chicken broth, some basic seasonings, etc. This then can be used a number of ways - add bbq sauce and make sandwiches, use it in quesadillas or to top baked potatoes with, etc.

• debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    Pork stir fry is a favorite in my house. I cut the pork into thin strips, cook it then add whatever vegetables I have on hand - usually broccoli and peppers and sauce http://rachelschultz.com/2013/07/23/pad-thai-sauce/. Cook until the vegetables are tender. I serve it over whatever I have on hand, brown rice, rice noodles or whole wheat pasta.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Also I know this is not what you were asking about OP, since you buy the pork in large quantities and cut it yourselves - but I bought some pre-marinated pork tenderloin (Farmland brand I think) that you actually bake in the bag that it is packaged in for 30 minutes and I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. It was just one small pork tenderloin, so it was enough for 4 servings (not a lot of leftovers) but it was really easy and I am glad I bought a couple to stick in the freezer for days when I don't have time to put together a marinade and recipe of my own.
  • Biffybeans1
    Biffybeans1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I found this recipe on MFP and it's delicious. I trim all the fat first, but you can use your pork tenderloin or pork loin which is leaner. Also, my crockpot cooks faster, even on low, so I start checking for doneness at 4 hrs. I use equal parts cumin and kosher salt, but not as much as recipe calls for because I watch my sodium intake. Adjust to your needs,

Carnitas in the Crockpot
    4-5lb pork butt/shoulder (bone-in or boneless, it doesn't matter) - I trim the big chunks of fat out, but not all of the fat otherwise it gets dry
    1:1 ratio of cumin to kosher salt - rub it all over the outside of the meat. You want a nice even coating. I usually use about 2Tbsp of each
    Juice of 2 limes and 2 oranges
    6-10 peeled garlic cloves, whole
    About a cup of beef broth (or chicken or vegetable, whatever you have, but beef tastes the best)
    You can also slice a couple of onions in with this, but you don't have to.

Rub meat all over with cumin-salt mixture and plop in the crockpot and
    throw in the garlic (and onion if using).
    Squeeze the juice from the citrus over the meat
    Add the broth to the pot.
    Cover and cook on low 8+ hours until the meat falls apart easily.
    Drain most of the liquid, reserving a cup or so, and then shred the meat with two forks. Add back some liquid if it's too dry.
    Serve with small corn tortillas, shredded cabbage, salsa, lime wedges, and cilantro.
    3 oz. serving = 130 calories, 3.8 total fat, 1.8 sat. fat, 46.9 cholesterol, 431 sodium, 28.9 potassium, 1.3 carbs, .2 fiber, .8 sugars, 21.8 protein
  • ericah971
    ericah971 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I marinade thick cut pork chops in s&p, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, and Dijon mustard for about 5 hrs. Let them come to room temp. Brown in cast iron skillet and finish in oven. Served with carmelized onion (onion, tbsp honey, 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, s&p. Cook 15 mins) serve with roasted brussel sprouts and scalloped potatoes, or any veg and starch you like. Its delicious and easy.
  • AnutChelle
    AnutChelle Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I don't like pork, but my husband loves it so I found a recipe on Skinnytaste.com for Sazon Pork Chops made in a slow cooker and it is delicious. It has been added to my favorite recipes list.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Pork schnitzel. Pound the life out of those babies, bread them and fry them.
  • MrsGraves2013
    MrsGraves2013 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I have some great ideas now! I am just tired of baked and sautéed pork chops.
  • jessicasim92
    Options
    Do it the the Filipino way! There's a barbecue pork liempo recipe on the sidechef app that I use. dead easy!
  • SarahKhristan
    SarahKhristan Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I make two different pork dishes that are a great hit: Parmesan crusted pork chops and jaeger schnitzel (Pintrest has a few good recipes for both).