Clean Eating Club ~ Dec. 8-14

Options

Replies

• shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    What are lavash breads? Never heard of them!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    What are lavash breads? Never heard of them!

It's kind of like a flatbread. Joseph's brand makes pitas and lavash breads, I get them by the deli section at Super Wal*mart. They are soft and easy to make a sandwich, pizza, burrito out of. HTH!

Jess
  • cherapple
    cherapple Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Dinner

1 Portabella burger (morningstar)
    1 Joseph's small pita (burger fits right inside, how convenient!)
    onion slices
    2 T. ketchup, probably not "clean", but I can't eat a burger w/o it!!!
    1 clementine

I've been buying the Meijer brand organic ketchup (no HFCS) and it's really good! It's almost a bit more *tart* than Heinz, but my dh likes it better. (and my 7yo who seems to put ketchup on everything from eggs to macaroni & cheese! :huh: ) I love those Joseph's pitas and lavash breads too!

I buy the organic ketchups, too, because I want no HFCS. However, I'm afraid to eat any amount of sugar right now because it only takes a tiny bit to send me into a binge. I LOVE ketchup!!! :bigsmile: I've been using Drew's Smoked Tomato Dressing (no added sugar) on my burgers. I'm not sure what I'm going to do the next time I make baked fries....
  • cherapple
    Options
    I had a long and tiring day yesterday - busy! And I felt like a bottomless pit. :laugh:

Turkey burger
    Whole grain english muffin
    1/2 tsp Drew's Smoked Tomato dressing
    Apple
    14 almonds

1 piece whole wheat bread
    1/2 Tbs PB
    1 c skim milk
    1 Tbs cocoa powder
    Stevia

I was inspired by Jess and had oatmeal for dinner. :bigsmile:
    1/2 c dry oatmeal, cooked
    1 apple
    14 almonds
    1/4 c lowfat yogurt
    1/4 c egg whites
    14 almonds
    1 Tbs flax

1/8 c cashews
    8 Triscuit Thin Crips
    1 1/2 Tbs trail mix

:drinker: Total water: 11 cups!
    That's a major accomplishment for me.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I had a long and tiring day yesterday - busy! And I felt like a bottomless pit. :laugh:

I was inspired by Jess and had oatmeal for dinner. :bigsmile:
    1/2 c dry oatmeal, cooked
    1 apple
    14 almonds
    1/4 c lowfat yogurt
    1/4 c egg whites
    14 almonds
    1 Tbs flax
    :drinker: Total water: 11 cups!
    That's a major accomplishment for me.

Oh no, I'm corrupting you too!! :laugh: I swear, that I could eat oatmeal for every meal!! I found a shirt at http://www.cafepress.com/mrbreakfast.108867788 that I want!! (BTW, good recipes on there too!)
  • Angiebangie
    Angiebangie Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'll have to look for the ketchup and that smoked tomato dressing sounds wonderful!

Last night snack~5 dried apricots

12/11 Breakfast

2 c. water
    20 oz. coffee
    2 pieces Ezekiel cinnamon/raisin bread
    1 T. smart balance spread
    1/2 c. FF french vanilla yogurt
    1/2 c. blueberries
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    It's kind of like a flatbread. Joseph's brand makes pitas and lavash breads, I get them by the deli section at Super Wal*mart. They are soft and easy to make a sandwich, pizza, burrito out of. HTH!

Jess

I'll have to remember to look for them next time! Thanks!
  • cherapple
    Options
    I'll have to look for the ketchup and that smoked tomato dressing sounds wonderful!

The dressing is in the natural foods section. It's the only brand I buy. Some of them have sugar, but some don't.
  • cherapple
    Options
    Oh no, I'm corrupting you too!! :laugh: I swear, that I could eat oatmeal for every meal!! I found a shirt at http://www.cafepress.com/mrbreakfast.108867788 that I want!! (BTW, good recipes on there too!)

LOL! :laugh: No, I've always loved to eat breakfast all day long! I don't very often, but I think I could be happy if I did. :laugh: My husband doesn't like breakfast for dinner, so I have to have it when he's not around.

OMG about Mr. Breakfast. Who knew there were so many ways to make oatmeal??? I just signed up for their newsletter. (Like I need more email or another thing to read online. :tongue: )
  • jawaria
    Options
    Was I on the wrong thread? Just stopped by to say hi! I wanted to add Hummus and pita is a really gud snack especially if ur trying to up ur protein. i am definitely getting ideas for lunch from your potss!
  • Angiebangie
    Options
    Was I on the wrong thread? Just stopped by to say hi! I wanted to add Hummus and pita is a really gud snack especially if ur trying to up ur protein. i am definitely getting ideas for lunch from your potss!

I love hummus too, but those damn chickpeas have so little nutritional value!!! I make a roasted garlic white bean dip, same consistency as hummus, that is sooooo good, and it's a WW recipe, only CLEAN ingredients! That's one of the things I do like about WW, they don't use too many fake ingredients in their recipes.
  • Angiebangie
    Options
    Lunch

Veggie burrito
    1/4 c. salsa

Snack

100 calorie popcorn
    6 dried apricots
  • cherapple
    Options
    I've really gone off the deep end today -- bad day. :sad: What I thought was PMS a couple days ago was just the calm before the storm. The TOM still hasn't come, and it's like a dam on the verge of bursting. I'm not going to list what I've eaten today. It started out well! :laugh: Since then, I've eaten all kinds of things that I haven't eaten in weeks -- many of my old favorites, and then some! :blushing: I completely gave in to my cravings, and strangely, I felt emotionally better afterward. So I'm not going to beat myself up about it. This is my bad time of the month and the rest of it will be good!

I suffered for drinking all that water yesterday! Maybe I need to work up to it slowly. Do you guys stop drinking by a particular hour of the night? I woke up at about 2 a.m. because I had to pee! Then I couldn't get back to sleep, so I've been up ever since :yawn: . Lack of sleep was not a good combination with the PMS. I almost fell asleep twice while driving, I felt so tired I could barely function, I needed a good cry :sad: , and then I needed a long nap :yawn: .

Things can only get better tomorrow.
  • Angiebangie
    Options
    Dinner

Chicken wild rice soup (a broth one, clean ingredients, but store bought)
    1 c. green beans
    1 apple, but I threw almost 1/2 away because of mushy spots (trying to eat everything perishable before we leave in the morning!

Mexico here we come!!!

Have a good week everybody!!!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I didn't get a chance to post last night!

Dinner:
    Spinach & mushroom omelet (1/2 c. eggbeaters + 1 egg)
    1 slice WW toast w/ NM PB & black raspberry allfruit

Swam 800 yds while my dd's were at swimming lessons.

Snack:
    20 mixed nuts
    SF hot cocoa (made w/ unsweetened soymilk)
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    5 mile run at 5AM.

Post-run:
    Apple

Breakfast:
    1/2 c. old fashioned oats
    1/4 c. Fiber one
    1/2 scoop choc. protein powder
    1 T. NM PB, 1 T. flax, 1 T. wheat germ
    1/2 c. cottage cheese
    A few orange slices & about 1/4 of a banana (leftover from dd's)
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Lunch:
    4oz chicken breast
    Big salad w/ spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, & red wine vinegar
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Where is everyone?

Snack:
    1/2 c. strained NF Meijer yogurt + 1 T. NM PB + 1/2 c. Kashi GoLean Crunch!

Dinner:
    Spiral sliced ham (I'm guessing around 4oz?? Yummy!)
    Baked sweet potato topped w/ 1/4 c. cottage cheese + cinnamon
    1/2 c. peas
  • jawaria
    Options
    Hello!
    ok I have a question!!!! My limit is 1200 calories a day! I'm not getting too many workouts in as yet but getting there...I have lost 5 pounds since Nov. 1st just by portion control and trying to watch my calorie intake.
    However, now is where i need to get serious about my workouts and stay in my calorie limit. i have been going over my limit...I'm finding it hard to stay within 1200 calories and eat atleast 4 times...I look at ur meals but when i tried that my intake was almost 1500...Please HELP!!!
    My avg meals are as follow...1 item per category

Breakfast
    mini bagel+tea+nutella 1 tbsp
    1 cup skim milk
    or kashi go lean cereal

Lunch
    mini pitas + eggplant curry- 450 calories
    turkey sandwich no mayo

dinner
    whatever i can afford to eat

snacks
    nuts
    banana
    raisins
    dried chillied mango
    fage yogurt with honey
    baby carrots

what can i do?
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I can't even remember what I ate today... on the run all day and then at the movies this afternoon for my dd's bday. I forgot to stick a protein bar or something in my purse but totally resisted the popcorn and sodas!! NOT even one piece of popcorn!! :wink: I actually went too long w/out eating and by 6PM was starving so I had my usual oatmeal & a banana!

Hope you all had a good one!

Jess