Greek Yoghurt

Options

Replies

• copperoos
    copperoos Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You have a lot of good healthy replies already but one way I tried to eat my very sour and kinda dry Greek yoghurt is by adding some Tazo Chai tea latte concentrate just cuz I had some in the fridge. The result was great!
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I have tried several and were so sour tasting. At a friends brunch Sat. she had some fresh fruit and some greek yougart to put on it. I almost didn't try any because I never have liked it before. This one I did like, it wasn't sour at all . It was Cabot brand low fat vanilla bean. It had like little polka dots in it. I don't know how hard it is to find though. I didn't see it at our Walmart? I will be looking for it though. Good luck finding one you like.
  • andreamaym
    andreamaym Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I add plain greek yogurt (which I do not enjoy on its own) to my protein shakes! Combine with almond milk, protein powder, pure coaco, and voilla! Loads of protein in a cup!
  • Pelamblue
    Pelamblue Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    Fage 0% and a tbsp of honey

totally agree honey is the best option
  • craik
    craik Posts: 1
    Options

I always make my plain Greek yogurt into a veggie dip. Buy the onion mix by liptons and just pour it in the yogurt and mix until you have it at the right onion-y flavour you want. The recipe on the box says to mix with sour cream but Greek yogurt makes it even better and way healthier. Actually I use plain Greek yogurt whenever something calls for sour cream. The recipe also makes a good chip dip.
  • athena61
    athena61 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    It's funny how we are all so different with tasting sweet, sour, etc. I enjoy plain Greek yogurt, as is. I also like Shredded Wheat without sugar and just some fresh blueberries. I guess over time I just got used to not adding sugar to things. I hope you find something that works for you. It's a great source of protein :)
  • k2sul
    k2sul Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Some great ideas and options.

Keep up the good work.
  • TraceyKakes
    TraceyKakes Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I put cherries and almond butter in it. Makes a good taste.
  • CatLover22974
    CatLover22974 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm not keen on the taste of plain Greek yoghurt either. I try to add strawberries, raspberries, or granola to mine, and it makes it a bit more palatable.
  • kimw91
    kimw91 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I have mine with fruit and/or honey. You could puree some berries and stir those through or even some sugar free lemonade syrup.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Greek yoghurt tastes more sour the closer it is is to expiration date (which does not mean it is getting bad, just the taste changes). The closer you buy to production date, the less sour it is. If it is really fresh, like if you buy it from a producer a few days after it was made, it is not sour at all.
  • skyblue99
    skyblue99 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of Greek yogurt but I'm starting to like it more. I usually eat the plain yogurt and drizzle honey on top. I also use it to replace sour cream in foods such as potatoes.
  • gainer39911
    gainer39911 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure where you're located so I'm not sure how much this will help but I hated plain Greek Yogurt. My wife asked me to try the ones with fruit in the bottom. Chobani has several flavors that I like (strawberry, blueberry and black cherry). I add some granola in with it and it gives it a nice crunch to add to it as well.

If you are trying to maximize protein intake, plain non-fat greek yogurt is better than the "fruit on the bottom" types, which have sugar in them and less protein. I add stevia to non-fat yogurt and mix in some raspberries or blueberries. That has the additional benefit of providing a couple grams of fiber.
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    0% Fage with unsweetened cocoa, stevia, then fresh berries on top. You can also add Vanilla or other flavors. I never eat yogurt with fruit already in it because it's too much sugar for me. The cocoa makes it soft-serve chocolate ice-creamish.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    I keep frozen berries in my freezer - blueberries, raspberreis, blackberries, etc. - Just toss a handful of those in with my yogurt and blend. Or protein powder works.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened cocoa, stevia (or just do sweetened cocoa if you don't mind it), a few tablespoons of brewed coffee, and Torani syrup. Mocha yogurt.

And now I really want some because I haven't had it in ages...
  • ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I really like to put protein powder into the chobani 100s or the yoplait 100s. They all have between 10-13 grams of protein on their own. The protein powder I mix in has 27 in a whole scoop but I only use a 1/2 scoop. (I use cytosport 100% whey vanilla.) One little cup of yogurt has about 26 grams of protein for about 170 calories.
  • johnmisty1
    johnmisty1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love Fage 0% plain Greek yogurt mixed with 2 packets of stevia and 1 tbsp peanut butter!
  • DeserveVictory
    DeserveVictory Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I love Liberte 2% coconut. It has actual coconut in it and its like eating a dessert.

I'm curious, why are you using plain yogurt? There are so many available: full fat, partial fat, fat free, sweetened with sugar, no sugar, gelatin, no gelatin, flavorings, fruit, etc.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    if you dont like it, dont eat it.

i dont like it and i dont eat it. LOLOLOL