Another Fitbit Charge HR exercise question...

Options
I know this question is posted several times a week, maybe even a day but after searching I cant find a clear answer to this question.

How do I account for exercise on the treadmill with fitbit charge hr?

I would assume that I just hop on the treadmill and run without pressing buttons or logging anything since the fitbit automatically gives me a calorie adjustment daily based on measured acrivity. However, I'm reading to log my start and end time on mfp. How do I do that?

Replies

• datboi_ern
    Options
    Mines is not even giving me a calorie adjustment. It's pretty frustrating.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Then that means you're not moving enough. Such as if your MFP activity is set to active and your actual is lower... Enable 'negative calories' and you should be able to see how much of a discrepancy you have.
    datboi_ern wrote: »
    Mines is not even giving me a calorie adjustment. It's pretty frustrating.

• pcpop7
    pcpop7 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Press the button on the hr until it vibrates. This will then log a start time and increase the sample rate of the heart monitor. Run/walk and once complete press the button in until it vibrates. This will log an end time in fitbit and will reduce the sample rate of hr.

I used a force for a year without every pressing the button cause like you it gave me the calorie adjustment regardless. But getting the excercise recorded in fitbit as excercise gives you some good data for your sessions so pushing the button makes it worth it for the increased sample rate on the hr.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    You would not need to log your walks in MFP. If you do, it will overwrite your Fitbit data and change your calorie burn. Your Fitbit w/ HR is more likely to give an accurate calorie burn IMO compared to MFP's calculators without heart rate consideration.
    mom2ava07 wrote: »
    I know this question is posted several times a week, maybe even a day but after searching I cant find a clear answer to this question.

How do I account for exercise on the treadmill with fitbit charge hr?

I would assume that I just hop on the treadmill and run without pressing buttons or logging anything since the fitbit automatically gives me a calorie adjustment daily based on measured acrivity. However, I'm reading to log my start and end time on mfp. How do I do that?

• mom2ava07
    mom2ava07 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Press the button on the hr until it vibrates. This will then log a start time and increase the sample rate of the heart monitor. Run/walk and once complete press the button in until it vibrates. This will log an end time in fitbit and will reduce the sample rate of hr.

Thanks. I'm going to try this.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    It's step based activity you shouldn't have to change anything
  • mom2ava07
    mom2ava07 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    It's step based activity you shouldn't have to change anything

See that's what I was thinking but by pressing the button it logged my exercise in my fitbit app, but still just the regular calorie adjustment on MFP. Basically, I got "credit" for my exercise calories lumped in with any other extra daily activity calories. I just don't see exercise logged specifically on MFP if that makes sense.