Define "cheating"

Options

Replies

• HMittra
    HMittra Posts: 15
    Options
    If you feel the need to ask, you already know you're doing something wrong, come on.

PS - inappropriate forum
  • jazzine1
    jazzine1 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    HMittra wrote: »

PS - inappropriate forum

Why?? Should OP have posted this under Chit-Chat, fun and games then??
  • CanadaTodd
    CanadaTodd Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I disagree on inappropriate forum comment, I think any forum is appropriate for the discussion on issues like this. Even if we disagree with some of the comments, it is a great place to expose vulnerability and seek honest feedback
  • LiquidSparkle86
    LiquidSparkle86 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    jazzine1 wrote: »

PS - inappropriate forum

Whats the difference between this and letting someone know if they are someone you'd have a one night stand with, or what you think about when you see their profile pic and think of them naked? I'd say those posts or "games" are a little more innapropriate then this wouldn't you?
  • jazzine1
    Options

PS - inappropriate forum

Whats the difference between this and letting someone know if they are someone you'd have a one night stand with, or what you think about when you see their profile pic and think of them naked? I'd say those posts or "games" are a little more innapropriate then this wouldn't you?

^^^ Yup I agree.
  • HMittra
    Options
    Sure, it's a great place to get feedback - in the correct forum. This is "Introduce Yourself", and I saw no introduction of who she is or anything about her. So unless she's introducing herself as a cheater, I personally feel this wasn't the place. It appears I'm not alone, either.
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    What? Wait? So this wasn't a diet question then?
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    I thought this was about food.

But carry on.
  • xmarye
    xmarye Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    xmarye wrote: »
    If my husband were not to let women that hit on him know that he is taken, I would take it really seriously. If he were to develop an interest in another woman, I would not stand for it. If he stayed because he felt ''he had to'' I would never settle for this. We love and respect each other. The day that isn't the case anymore it will have to change, or we will have to go each our own way.

We are actually looking into involving other people into our sex life (husband used to swing before he met me) but this is something we have been talking about for a LONG time, that we aren't rushing into. We don't stress over it, nor does he pressure me at all. So technically speaking, we would only do things together. And it involves A LOT of respect during so that there isn't problems after. All in all, we trust each other more then anything and I know that we have a connection that no one could come in between.

Apart from these experiences, that are far from common, I totally agree with you about cheating physically AND mentally. I do count both as cheating.

When my husband is attracted to another woman, he tells me. Nothing to degrade me, it's not like it takes anything from me. Sometimes I agree, sometimes I don't. But I know he choses me, he loves me, he comes home to me every night, and we have a beautiful daughter together. Our family is the most important thing to us!

I would rather my husband be honest with me then to hide things from me. I would also rather we live exciting things together, then have us fantasize about other people. But that's just me.

I know of couples who have done this and it hasnt affected the relationship but I also know others that the aftermath of allowing someone else in their bedroom has ended their relationship. I personally couldnt stand to see the person I love doing something so intimate with someone else, even if I get to participate.

I wouldn't expect anybody who isn't into this to understand, as I used to think just like that. You have to be able to dissociate sex from love in this case. As our relationship is far from based on sex, it doesn't count as a huge part, nor would it affect me to include someone in our bed. We don't view it as a way to ''spice things up'' or use it to solve problems. This is strictly just for fun!

If you are able to do things like that, it means that the respect and trust is HUGE. Therefore, you avoid most problems that can arise in a relationship (sex related or not).
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Cheating = doing something that could ruin something else.
    Cheating on a partner may ruin the relationship you have.
    Cheating on your diet could ruin your progress.
    Cheating on a test could ruin your academic standing.

Of course, there's no hiding from cheating on your diet since it's something you do to yourself that no one else HAS to find out about for it to be a problem. To me, that's basically just when I either go over my calories or eat something that makes my stomach hurt the next day.

ETA: Oops, didn't read that you meant in a relationship... I figured you meant cheating your diet since this is a food tracking/fitness site.
  • gazla75
    gazla75 Posts: 1
    Options
    Kristenhgarrison is after a bit on the side I'm thinking!
  • LiquidSparkle86
    Options
    Sure, it's a great place to get feedback - in the correct forum. This is "Introduce Yourself", and I saw no introduction of who she is or anything about her. So unless she's introducing herself as a cheater, I personally feel this wasn't the place. It appears I'm not alone, either.
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    What? Wait? So this wasn't a diet question then?
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    I thought this was about food.

But carry on.

Very valid point! I didnt realize i clicked on the indroduce yourself forum! So im kristen i love hot wings, beer, and running. :0/
  • HMittra
    edited March 2015
    Options
    No worries, it happens. Nice to meet you, good luck with your dilemma.
  • LiquidSparkle86
    Options
    No worries, it happens. Nice to meet you, good luck with your dilemma.

Lol.. Nice to meet you too! Can you tell im naturally blond?!? Moved this over to "chit chat" lol. Not sure how to close this convo down though. And it really wasnt a "dilema" persay just curious to see how other people view relationships and all that jazz. :0)
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Sssssooooo.... you're not cheating on your diet? :huh: This should be under chit chat. After all this is a food forum, not a marriage advice forum. :noway:
  • marcolbmp
    marcolbmp Posts: 92 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    to me, cheating is either acting on a feeling that you would not approve your significant other of acting on, or acting on a feeling your significant other would not approve of.

some view sex as an intimate action to be shared between two people committed to each other, while others view it as an action that brings physical pleasure.

really, cheating is in the eye of the beholder...and the eye of the beholdee (if that's a word)

if sexual pleasure was to be viewed as something only to be shared between two committed people, would self-pleasure be considered cheating? (I think I know the bible-banger answer to this)
  • jazzine1
    Options

Very valid point! I didnt realize i clicked on the indroduce yourself forum! So im kristen i love hot wings, beer, and running. :0/

LoL hello and welcome :D I like my wings on the mild side.
  • bggghmnr
    bggghmnr Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Anything that you feel you need to hide from your partner.
  • HMittra
    Options
    Sssssooooo.... you're not cheating on your diet? :huh: This should be under chit chat. After all this is a food forum, not a marriage advice forum. :noway:

Yup, has already been identified and she fixed it.
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Cheating equals eating more than 110% of your calories needs in one day. In my case, cheating = eating more than 2,200 calories a day.
  • ThePoeToaster
    ThePoeToaster Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    So im sure everyone out there has their own list of things that define what it means to be cheated on and im just curious to see what they are. Mine? Very basical and biblical based i guess you could say. I believe in emotional and physical cheating. Ive gotten caught up in an emotional relationship before and my husband and i have both broken trust at one time but we worked through it and are better for it. With social media at its peak its easy to get caught up in someone telling you you're beautiful when the one you've been with forever gets comfortable and no longer says it because "you should just know how they feel". So how far is too far in your opinion! Im curious to see where this goes!

whatever...you're hot and beautiful! muaaaaaa