Struggling!

Options
I lost 68 lbs since last May but have been struggling since January after doing fine over the holidays. I still log every single calorie every day but I somehow have lost my motivation and am back to my old horrible binge eating habits. I've only gained back a couple of pounds so far but I know exactly where this is going if I don't get myself back on track! I have another 60 lbs to lose and there is no reason I can't do it!

Replies

• IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    You have done an amazing job so far! Maybe stop and think about why you started this in the first place. When I get discouraged (which is a LOT) it helps me to get back on track.
  • beverlyjlarson
    beverlyjlarson Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I went through the same thing. I lost 40 lbs then lost my motivation. I gained it all back plus some. This time I keep telling myself "Never again". I can't keep destroying myself. I had to figure out why I was sabotaging my health. I also reviewed my goals and reasons for needing to be healthy. The #1 reason: ME
    I want to be healthy and look good as well.
  • believeinme0430
    believeinme0430 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Just keeping reminding yourself what is more important and giving into the binges just sets you back. I struggle daily with the cravings and needing to fight them but don't want to keep starting over. I allow myself on saturdays to be a little more relaxed but still be aware of what I am eating to have a treat. That helps me knowing that on Saturday I can have that treat. Stay strong you got this :smiley:
  • rlwilson1967
    rlwilson1967 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    No advice, just wanted to let you know you are not alone. I'm kind of going through the same thing, only I didn't loose as much as you have. But I hit a wall in December and haven't been able to really get back to good.

Haven't given up... but not back to good.
  • rickyberkey
    rickyberkey Posts: 34 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm hoping that as soon as the weather warms up a bit I'll get back into my daily bicycle riding habit. I never managed to replace it with any other real consistent exercise. What scares me is that I've seen so many other friends and co-workers lose weight quickly but then gain it all back...plus. I thought I was different since I was following a slow sensible plan but fear not I'll get back on track! I've never stopped tracking (263 days in a row!) so I'm nowhere near giving up, just gotten in a temporary funk and a rut. Good luck to all of us!
  • runfoorun
    runfoorun Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Maintain, maintain, maintain. It took me 5 years to lose 120 lbs because I'd lose some, then feel content or unmotivated at times. But I kept off what I lost. So if you need a break from the process, take it, but don't let yourself go back to the old you. Most recently I was at a content bodyweight of 230 lbs, but now that I'm running more and more I want to get better, hence my renewed motivation to finish this. Keep at it.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Take a break and reassess. You could make some changes like gym routine , do some new activities plus the weather is getting warmer. Eating at maintenance for a few weeks is no bad thing. Its importnat not to panic, but listen to yourself and recharge your mental batteries.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    Hiyah all very normal whats happening i think. sometimes i cant be bothered anymore, and then i think i dont want to be the size i was before. I agree with take a break and then get back to it. Good luck, you will do it.
  • itstimeRK
    itstimeRK Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    First of all, OP, I love the Eero Saarinen Tulip Chair in your profile picture.

Second, I think what @runfoorun said is pretty accurate. If you lose motivation, just try to maintain for awhile until your motivation is renewed. It's not a failure of you don't reach your goal, as long as you keep off what you lost. It isn't a race to the finish line, but a long journey to a healthier you.