Let's clear up a misconception

Options

Replies

• djasper73
    djasper73 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    *clapping* I will be the first to admit my eating is far from clean, but it has moved closer towards where it should be. I still have days where it all goes to hell, but I just pick myself up, dust off the crumbs and carry on. The whole CICO talk gets a little out of whack at times with people thinking that just because they're staying within their allowance they're eating "right" drives me crazy. I hope lots of people look at this post and take some time to ponder it.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I'll add one-- People who choose to cut down their alcohol, sugar, gluten, lactose, whatever are not necessarily 'demonizing' anything or suggesting you do the same. :)

That's moderation. Moderating (i.e. reducing or being mindful of or, as you say, cutting down) the quantity of whatever it is one wishes to moderate. It's the same thing, just different words.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Ang108 wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Lots of people who eat food in moderation, don't ONLY processed, junk food, candy and ice cream as all their meals. Many of us actually eat lots of whole foods in high amounts too.

Carry on.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Don't understand what you are trying to say......or does it matter ?

First sentence appears poorly constructed, I don't know what it means.

It means: People who eat "junk" food in moderation have diets that do not consist of 100% "junk" food.

Example- just look at my food diary. My diet is on point 90% of the time, but still found ways to work poptarts, oreos, and ice cream into my diet occasioanlly.
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Lots of people who eat food in moderation, don't ONLY processed, junk food, candy and ice cream as all their meals. Many of us actually eat lots of whole foods in high amounts too.

Carry on.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I don't see any mention of green juices or carrot smoothies here. :-(

• Bustergirl14
    Bustergirl14 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I ate a doughnut yesterday. But I did not die.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    yogicarl wrote: »

Carry on.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I don't see any mention of green juices or carrot smoothies here. :-(

Or lemon cleanses! How could this whole "moderation" thing work without lemon cleanses?
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    Lies. I eat 3 cups of white sugar a day and nothing else.

ETA: Except of Sundays. On Sundays I eat 58.9 yellow marshmallow peeps.

When do you find time to detox or cleanse? :p

I gargle with lemon/cayenne/honey water and spit it out. Duh!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

Carry on.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

there should be an "eat" after ONLY ...it is just a typo but if you really try to comprehend what OP is saying you really should not have an issue...
  • ndj1979
    Options

did you do a master cleanse right after eating said donut? because toxins?
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    It's just that a lot of people don't get or don't want to get in the clean v iifym debate is that you can do both. At the same time, no less. It's not an either/or situation. They are not incompatible with each other.

Matter of fact I would say that most (if not all) people on here, regardless of paleo, clean, vegetarian, vegan, lo carb, whatever ... practice IIFYM
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

did you do a master cleanse right after eating said donut? because toxinstoxinz?

And chemikillz!
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    In......b4 the straw man
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I was told there would be bacon :(
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

You will. Eventually.

Shouldn't have had that doughnut.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

did you do a master cleanse right after eating said donut? because toxinstoxinz?

And chemikillz!

LOL
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I don't know... I mean, I'm not disagreeing with the OP at all. But some of these responses... a whole pizza... bacon... yeah, they have macronutrients but will not help me with macronutrient goals. If I ate a whole pizza, I'd have to try like hell to make up the protein to balance it with the fat and carbs. Are we talking chicken breast and cottage cheese pizza? Typically, the proteins on a pizza are at least 50% fat (and some type of sausage), be it salami, pepperoni or Italian sausage... or bacon... or linguica or ground beef or meatballs.

Or maybe I'm assuming too much. Do most of you not have macro goals and just follow CICO? I know my protein goal is somewhat high at 40%.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    eric_sg61 wrote: »
    In......b4 the straw man

Too late there was a straw man in the second post

Must be all them toxinz in your system
  • MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I was so into the eating a burger thread yesterday that I actually went out and had a Harvey's angus burger with cheese. It was so good. Then I had a lemon cleanse when i got home to cleanse out all those nasty, naughtly, bad toxins.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options

Amateur, I had four for lunch last week. MMMM donuts.

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I don't know... I mean, I'm not disagreeing with the OP at all. But some of these responses... a whole pizza... bacon... yeah, they have macronutrients but will not help me with macronutrient goals. If I ate a whole pizza, I'd have to try like hell to make up the protein to balance it with the fat and carbs. Are we talking chicken breast and cottage cheese pizza? Typically, the proteins on a pizza are at least 50% fat (and some type of sausage), be it salami, pepperoni or Italian sausage... or bacon... or linguica or ground beef or meatballs.

Or maybe I'm assuming too much. Do most of you not have macro goals and just follow CICO? I know my protein goal is somewhat high at 40%.

Those responses you're talking about? Are people being silly.

This discussion has been closed.