Thank you to all you "rude" MFP members ...

Options
laura3977
laura3977 Posts: 191 Member
I wasn't sure where to post this BUT since I am feeling successful I'll go ahead and I'll post it here :smile:

When I first started I had the mindset that a lot of people have "I'm going to lose weight come hell or high water! SO I'm setting my goal to 1,200 and exercising like crazy!" (NOTE: I never actually got to the exercise like crazy part :wink: ). I would come to the boards and read comments like "there's no such thing as 'good' or 'bad' food it's all food" and I would think "LIKE HELL THERE ISN'T!! Also, I can't be trusted around yummy food. If I'm going to lose weight I have to be "good" 100% of the time! They obviously don't get it!!". I would view those people as rude and they clearly didn't have the same weight/food issues I did.

Then something happen, I started noticing that the people that said that were not only being successful at losing large amounts of weight but also were being successful at keeping it off. Maybe they were on to something. So I began to listen to their advice and began working on MY way of viewing food. I have lost 10 lbs and I'm actually happy!! I don't feel deprived, I don't feel like I'm on a "diet", and maybe I won't lose the weight super fast but I'm losing and that's what matters most to me. SO, thank you to all of you "rude" MFP members - continue being "rude" :wink: , continue being honest, and continue helping people with your amazing experience. I realize that my individual success is also a group success in that we are all in this together.

Replies

• AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    you're validating them, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    You're welcome, it's about time my whole being a d*ck philosophy got the credit it deserves.
  • fatcitizen
    fatcitizen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    amazing what happens when it finally "clicks" isn't it.....
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    a positive "mean people thread." love it!

I also want to chime in and thank all you "mean folks" for attempting to deal with the same issues day after day after day. you all jump in and try to help people that I wouldn't even poke with a ten-foot pole. I see the same questions constantly being asked, and when I scroll through the threads, there you all are, trying to help and enlighten, and somehow you don't convey the "omg we just had this thread yesterday" infliction.

you guys rock! keep being mean! ;)
  • Mafuezee
    Mafuezee Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    yes
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Not all people are rude, often its just saying it how it is in the hope that some of it sinks in. They actually want other people to be successful. Its unsurprising that many new dieters are low on confidence and quite defensive. They are probably pre programmed into a mindset as well that may not be helpful. Read the forums a lot and you see the same questions and same traits that people who are having difficulties have. No patience, out of perspective, poor execution, cheat days, clean eating etc etc. Good for you for getting a good angle on things, we can all learn.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and keep up the good work, OP! Glad you're enjoying moderation...see? We're not all horrible little trolls. We'll eat salads and stuff, too. Sometimes. If it comes as a side with my bacon and wine.

It's nice to know that my years of practicing to be a rude, sassmoster has finally received the acknowledgement it so rightfully deserves.

200.gif

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    :s
  • Showtime1978
    Showtime1978 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Yay! I'm glad you found a sustainable path! :) Congrats on your 10 lb loss!
    I love the "rude" people 90% of the time because they DO sometimes know what they are talking about. I have been one of the "rude" people too many times on here (old account). My philosophy is to decide how much credit I give someone's advice based on where in their "journey" they are and/or the amount of success they have had. Quite often the "rude" people have had great success and are trying to save someone from wasting time/money/energy/etc.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Yeah... You Go Girl!

I love it when a positive mean thread is created for those that are not equal to the rest of us!!!

Keep up the awesome work and congratulation on your success, most people wine about why they can't achieve their goals and you found your path!!!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
    Options
    What a funny and sweet post. :)

Glad you have sorted out what is going to work for you.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    All I can say is
    finally someone has the courage to tell it like it is. There are alot of noobs and lurkers out there who really need to understand this. I love "mean people" on here. I have seen them be -gasp--patient with someone with an ED, and try to get people into counseling, that I thought might be trolls. They give time and valuable experience. <3
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    SconnieCat wrote: »
    Congratulations and keep up the good work, OP! Glad you're enjoying moderation...see? We're not all horrible little trolls. We'll eat salads and stuff, too. Sometimes. If it comes as a side with my bacon and wine.

It's nice to know that my years of practicing to be a rude, sassmoster has finally received the acknowledgement it so rightfully deserves.

200.gif
    Such a good movie.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    tumblr_n7b36bpL901smcbm7o1_250.gif
  • Ginaaa71
    Ginaaa71 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have learned so much in this past month from MCP about not beating yourself up over one cookie. Before this attempt, I would "cheat" feel awful and just say "F it". No more. I eat healthy almost all the time and every now and then have a bite of something I really like that's not so healthy. I'm still losing and that is the real goal. I realize my goal isn't to eat only healthy foods, it's to lose weight and feel better, and that's happening
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    o:) now that you have found your way....its your time to be "rude" ./.good luck with that.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    116n8d3.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!