Guys (or girls) would you date a girl that was bald?

Options
Behxo
Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
So I have alopecia (an auto immune disease that causes hair loss at random but usually grows back) and had an attack worse than usual that caused basically 80% loss but slowly started growing back. So now for whatever reason that a girl is bald, being that she couldn't help it for health reasons, just decided to shave her head to donate or for the look would you still date the person? I came across a post on a different website of women showing how afraid they were to take off their wigs or to tell their dates of their issues when I feel like it's nothing to be ashamed of. I've already accepted the way I am and happy with myself, if people can't see your inner beauty then what's the point? I'm genuinely curious though to see how most people view it considering that it's not really "socially acceptable" for women to not have any hair.

Replies

• Pinuplvr1218
    Pinuplvr1218 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I don't date women but I think you're gorgeous, BTW. :)
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,975 Member
    Options
    I would, I have known a few women who lost hair due to chemo, etc. and it didn't change their personality, just their looks. A woman can wear a wig, a scarf, or go out with a bald head -- it is her business, not mine.
  • Behxo
    Options
    I don't date women but I think you're gorgeous, BTW. :)

Thank you! You're gorgeous as well, love your curls <3

kjm3579 wrote: »
    I would, I have known a few women who lost hair due to chemo, etc. and it didn't change their personality, just their looks. A woman can wear a wig, a scarf, or go out with a bald head -- it is her business, not mine.

Thanks for your input :] I actually have a friend who lost hers as well due to chemo, strong lady she is.
  • 530roman
    530roman Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    I think with treatment being so common that causes hair loss, it is socially acceptable (whether that matters or not is another story). I'm accepting and I actually like what some would consider 'different' hairstyles on women.
    OP- your bald head brings out those pretty blue eyes you have anyways, so you're winning!
  • jelie3110
    jelie3110 Posts: 433
    Options
    When I look at your picture, all I see are those amazingly beautiful eyes....simply stunning!
  • Behxo
    Options
    530roman wrote: »
    I think with treatment being so common that causes hair loss, it is socially acceptable (whether that matters or not is another story). I'm accepting and I actually like what some would consider 'different' hairstyles on women.
    OP- your bald head brings out those pretty blue eyes you have anyways, so you're winning!

Thank you for your input and the compliment, I'd like to think that I'm winning :P
    jelie3110 wrote: »
    When I look at your picture, all I see are those amazingly beautiful eyes....simply stunning!

Thank you so much, made me smile! definitely thankful for the blue eyes haha
  • glwage
    glwage Posts: 375 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    As long as you wouldn't mind dating a bald man! Beautiful eyes Behxo, by the way!
  • brynyrb
    brynyrb Posts: 1
    Options
    I think anyone who wouldn't see past that isn't worth dating anyway :)
  • BirdieMaker55
    Options
    To answer your question. Oh hell yes I would. Why, because real beauty is not skin deep.
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Yes, I would....
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Well, would you date a guy with a very hairy back?

ps, I can't really tell because you aren't showing off the good. Who cares about your hair? We want some full body shots.
  • fattofit_fritch26
    fattofit_fritch26 Posts: 131 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I mean, I'm married...but you may just be my new MFP crush.

Forget the hair...between your eyebrow game, beautiful eyes, and all around gorgeousness...come on!

It's edgy, it's amazing, you stand out, what's not to like!
  • solarpower03
    solarpower03 Posts: 12,159 Member
    Options
    I would!
  • trailrunner81
    trailrunner81 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Ill put it this way; HELL YES I would still date the person. For example, I have had the pleasure to get to know you on this site, and I consider you a wonderful young woman and a friend. I still find you stunningly beautiful physically, and you have a glowing personality that I love having around. The guys that would not consider dating you or any other woman who was bald is a douche bag anyway and not worth the time.
  • fattofit_fritch26
    fattofit_fritch26 Posts: 131 Member
    Options

ps, I can't really tell because you aren't showing off the good. Who cares about your hair? We want some full body shots.

:| creepy...
  • Silentfool
    Silentfool Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    You look amazing.... and in answer to your question lack of hair on lady is no reason not to date. <3
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options

:| creepy...

Hi o:)

• EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I'm all about who a person is, not what they look like. And I truly believe that beauty & strength radiates from within. But heck yeah, if there was personality and smarts there?

Those judging you, even silently, for being who you are, they don't deserve you or your time. Keep doing what you do and make the world an ever more beautiful place!
  • Mwrarr
    Mwrarr Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hair is just flair. Personality & spirit is forever. Man, woman, bald, wild locks...the attitude is what's beautiful & sexy, not the body. :)
  • gspero72
    gspero72 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I think you are beautiful, and would totally date a girl that was bald (by choice or illness). Ditto to what was said above, loving the captivating blue eyes!!