Let's clear up a misconception

Options

Replies

• subversive99
    subversive99 Posts: 273 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Lies. I eat 3 cups of white sugar a day and nothing else.

ETA: Except of Sundays. On Sundays I eat 58.9 yellow marshmallow peeps.

*points and laughs* Clearly you have not discovered the deliciousness of bugles yet! Otherwise you would not waste your timecalories on such junky junk food!

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    MrCoolGrim wrote: »
    I don't know... I mean, I'm not disagreeing with the OP at all. But some of these responses... a whole pizza... bacon... yeah, they have macronutrients but will not help me with macronutrient goals. If I ate a whole pizza, I'd have to try like hell to make up the protein to balance it with the fat and carbs. Are we talking chicken breast and cottage cheese pizza? Typically, the proteins on a pizza are at least 50% fat (and some type of sausage), be it salami, pepperoni or Italian sausage... or bacon... or linguica or ground beef or meatballs.

Or maybe I'm assuming too much. Do most of you not have macro goals and just follow CICO? I know my protein goal is somewhat high at 40%.

You should definitely switch to my all sugar diet. You don't have to worry about macros or anything!

I had me some sugar one Sunday. The family was out and I was looking for a fix. And there it was a box of Ferro Roches. I stood there and contimplated the idea. I turned on my phone and looked at my MFP App and BAM, I had 1200 calaories left. So I ate them and i loved them with no regrets and i still lost 1lb the following week.

You *kitten* up. On Sundays you have to eat your entire calorie allowance in yellow Peeps. That's the only way to lose weight.
  • MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I don't know... I mean, I'm not disagreeing with the OP at all. But some of these responses... a whole pizza... bacon... yeah, they have macronutrients but will not help me with macronutrient goals. If I ate a whole pizza, I'd have to try like hell to make up the protein to balance it with the fat and carbs. Are we talking chicken breast and cottage cheese pizza? Typically, the proteins on a pizza are at least 50% fat (and some type of sausage), be it salami, pepperoni or Italian sausage... or bacon... or linguica or ground beef or meatballs.

Or maybe I'm assuming too much. Do most of you not have macro goals and just follow CICO? I know my protein goal is somewhat high at 40%.

You should definitely switch to my all sugar diet. You don't have to worry about macros or anything!

I had me some sugar one Sunday. The family was out and I was looking for a fix. And there it was a box of Ferro Roches. I stood there and contimplated the idea. I turned on my phone and looked at my MFP App and BAM, I had 1200 calaories left. So I ate them and i loved them with no regrets and i still lost 1lb the following week.

You *kitten* up. On Sundays you have to eat your entire calorie allowance in yellow Peeps. That's the only way to lose weight.

Had a grapefruit cleanse that day
  • tincanonastring
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Lies. I eat 3 cups of white sugar a day and nothing else.

ETA: Except of Sundays. On Sundays I eat 58.9 yellow marshmallow peeps.

*points and laughs* Clearly you have not discovered the deliciousness of bugles yet! Otherwise you would not waste your timecalories on such junky junk food!

You just don't understand the all sugar diet. Besides, bugles have carbs and carbs are evil. The only thing bugles are good for are witch fingers...

tumblr_lzijjfvezl1qc469no1_250.gif
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options

Does it count if they are chocolate covered yellow peeps? I have a whole bag of those in the freezer just waiting for Sunday.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options

Are pink and green Peeps acceptable or have I royally screwed up my weight loss ;)
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options

Here is my non-smart-*kitten* response.

Yes, we do have macro goals. I am pretty certain almost everyone here in this thread, pays close attention to their macros.

I really don't care though if I go "over" on my fat macros or "sugar" macros as long as I am still in my calorie limits...just like I don't care if I go over on any of my other macros. I try to stick close to the "goal" mark but as long as I am at least at 80-85% I'm happy.

Do I do it with pizza? Sometimes, if I want to sacrifice that many calories. The other night I had a bacon cheeseburger, it was awesome. 379 calories, 34 g. protein. No idea what the fat was. Don't care. Because other days during the week I don't eat enough fat.

I remember years ago telling my cousin that I was making an egg and cheese and sausage casserole for Christmas morning breakfast. ONE DAY out of the year. She nearly flipped out, telling me I shouldn't be making that as it has "gobs and gobs and gobs" of cholesterol and fat. But it was delicious and it was a special treat. The difference between her and me is ...I occasionally enjoy treats like that, and she eats bran and yogurt every day. If it works for her, fine, but that's a depressing way to live, for me.

If I want a cheeseburger, I'm going to make room in my day for it. If I want an egg cheese sausage casserole, I'm going to make room in my day or week for it. I'm not going to live my life tied to some ball and chain of bland food all the time.

Last night I had broiled chicken breast, unadorned sweet potatoes (because I didn't feel like using the calories on butter, since I enjoy them plain), and green beans. The night before it was a bacon cheeseburger and peas. Last nights supper was significantly higher in calories. Well it was almost 200g of chicken but hey.

Point is...I'm enjoying my food immensely, now that I have the freedom to enjoy it and not say "Oh, that's NOT HEALTHY and I CAN'T EAT IT."

• IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    Leana088 wrote: »
    true. I also eat bacon.

Mmm. Bacon.

Obviously, you really mean the bacon candy bar, right?

Bacon candy bar?! Where have you been all my life... Also, bacon should only come from organic, gluten-free, clean pigs...who shower daily. ... Eh, it didn't work, but you can't fault me for trying. :confused:

mmm, bacon cupcakes!!

• mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    What part of moderation do people not understand?

Clean eating is fine, and I definitely appreciate lots of veggies, fruit, fish, hunks of meat... I don't really believe in 'cleanses' because they tend to exclude some foods I like to eat. And sometimes I eat frozen dinners. Or fast food. Or (the horror) brownies made with refined sugar. But overall I watch my intake, I stay under my calorie allotment for the day, I exercise, and I'm still maintaining my weight. Works for me!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Truth!!

Also in. For the holy war!!! LOL, B)
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

I'm sorry you don't sarcasm. ::flowerforyou::

• tincanonastring
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »

Are pink and green Peeps acceptable or have I royally screwed up my weight loss ;)

Jesus, people! Get it together! Did I stutter? Yellow peeps! No chocolate covering, no marshmallow christmas trees or easter bunnies. Yellow. Mothertrucking. Peeps.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

How many calories do you think a whole pizza has? Do you think a lot of people doing CICO are eating whole pizzas in one sitting?

I guess it is going to depend on where you get it from..

if I Make my own it comes in about 1700 calories...

I think a medium dominos is about 1700 to 2000..same with papa johns...their larges can come in with a pretty big number....

Which it's why it's amusing to me that somebody would use the fat macros as the most compelling reason not to eat one. That's a ton of calories to eat at once (for the commerical pizzas, especially) and most CICO people aren't going to do that regularly, if at all.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Peepsters. . . oh man those are good

b69c47b745380f5f4eda48b7f5a0557c.jpg
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Ang108 wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Lots of people who eat food in moderation, don't ONLY processed, junk food, candy and ice cream as all their meals. Many of us actually eat lots of whole foods in high amounts too.

Carry on.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Don't understand what you are trying to say......or does it matter ?

First sentence appears poorly constructed, I don't know what it means.
    You know exactly what he meant!!
  • MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    dpwellman wrote: »
    Peepsters. . . oh man those are good

b69c47b745380f5f4eda48b7f5a0557c.jpg

How do you posts pictures?
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »

Jesus, people! Get it together! Did I stutter? Yellow peeps! No chocolate covering, no marshmallow christmas trees or easter bunnies. Yelow. Mothertrucking. Peeps.

I'm on my way to get my yellow peeps! Thank you for setting me straight haha
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    EvanKeel wrote: »
    Between meeting macros and fiber within even slightly restricted calories, it would be exceedingly difficult (for me) to eat significant amounts of "junk." I dislike that word both for its vagueness and connotations, but it's applicable.

I am eliminating "junk food" from my vocabulary and changing it to "fun food."

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

How many calories do you think a whole pizza has? Do you think a lot of people doing CICO are eating whole pizzas in one sitting?

I guess it is going to depend on where you get it from..

if I Make my own it comes in about 1700 calories...

I think a medium dominos is about 1700 to 2000..same with papa johns...their larges can come in with a pretty big number....

Which it's why it's amusing to me that somebody would use the fat macros as the most compelling reason not to eat one. That's a ton of calories to eat at once (for the commerical pizzas, especially) and most CICO people aren't going to do that regularly, if at all.

agree..

If I go the whole pizza route it is like once every four to six weeks or something like that...

and even when I do go whole pizza I usually still hit my calorie goal ...although, it is easier to hit when I am at maintenance or bulking...but if you plan you day you can pretty much make anything fit into it...
  • captivatedlife
    captivatedlife Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    What exactly in the OP led you to think that he's saying that it's the only right way?

Whoa, whoa - nothing!!!! I don't know how that came across! I explicitly said, everyone who thinks their way is right - and listed a bunch! MFP has a bunch of people who feel like fighting each post - that was NOT my intention. This is lovely because OP is not bashing anyone!
This discussion has been closed.