Seasonings for skinless,boneless chicken breast

Options
Looking for some seasoning ideas for baked skinless boneless chicken breasts.

Replies

• kayeiam
    kayeiam Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I like puting Cajun seasoning on my chicken and fish. I will some times use Mrs. dash garlic and herb or Mrs Dash lemon pepper (Mrs dash's are all sodium free)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Depends on the flavor that you want...
  • pennyks88
    pennyks88 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Jamaican jerk seasoning is pretty good if you like things spicy. Lemon pepper is also a good choice! It all just depends on what tastes you like.
  • Athos282
    Athos282 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Simple: Dried Basil and a six pepper blend.
  • Ohwhynot
    Ohwhynot Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Kinda answering your question - but if you take those b/s chicken breasts and put them in the crockpot with a jar of salsa, chili powder, garlic, onions, and peppers, it makes really good taco/burrito/etc filling. Kind of perks up boring ol' chicken.
    Actually answering your question: I like Penzey's Mural of Flavor or Bouquet Garni on chicken, as well as fish, pork, and veggies.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Lemon Pepper and garlic salt, go easy though or it's too salty.
  • fattofit_fritch26
    fattofit_fritch26 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I love Mrs Dash! So many different seasonings and no salt!
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Weber Kick'n Chicken! YUM!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,024 Member
    Options
    If I were to actually buy skinless boneless breast I would probably stuff it with Berkshire pork belly, leeks and gruyere and cover it with a reduced stock and herb sauce.
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Make your own seasoning blends based on the flavors you prefer. There are many recipes to be found online. If you slash the amount of salt in each recipe, you'll be able to use a lot more of the seasonings without making your meal too salty. For example, I like Old Bay seasoning for seafood, but wow -- it's SO salty! So I made my own version with no salt at all and just salt to taste after rubbing on the spice blend.
  • MiltonAFC
    MiltonAFC Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My favorite recipe is using bread crumbs mixed with some black pepper and fiesta lime Mrs dash. Dip the chicken into egg white, then coat the chicken into the bread crumbs and place into the container with aluminum foil with a bit of non stick cooking spray.

Into the oven for 45mins....after that take it out and add half a cup of pasta sauce on top of the breaded chicken with a serving of any kind of mozzarella cheese(no fat, reduced fat, regular) and back into the oven for 5-10mins and you're done.

Tastes awesome, almost like a pizza and it's macro friendly.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Lemon juice. Lots and lots of lemon juice while baking and right before serving.
  • corindeathawk
    corindeathawk Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Latest thing I tried came out very well & pretty moist:
    Marinade the chick for 30 minutes a side in a mix of white & red cooking wine. Marinade should not engulf the chicken, top should be exposed. Spice with onion powder, garlic powerder, rosemary, basil & oregano. Mix a little of spice in the marinade as well as lightly sprinkle on top of each side (sprinkle for the second side after you turn).
    Broil for 5 minutes a side until it reaches 165 degrees or is otherwise done to taste.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Penzey's has a spice, Florida blend, it is pepper and citrus and is great on chicken breasts. Also good on air popped popcorn.
  • tephanies1234
    tephanies1234 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Mayo with your favourite flavourful mustard, maybe a little bread crumbs for crunch!
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Fresh squeezed lemon, garlic, sea salt and pepper

Fresh squeezed lime juice with cilantro, sea salt and pepper

Onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, a tiny bit poultry seasoning, sea salt and pepper

Cut it up and toss it in some hot sauce

jerk seasoning and mojo together

• mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    brown butter
  • skyblue99
    skyblue99 Posts: 6 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Sprinkle with low sodium taco seasoning and top with salsa. I use the leftovers to make quesadilla's, tacos or tortilla soup!
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    pennyks88 wrote: »
    Jamaican jerk seasoning is pretty good if you like things spicy. Lemon pepper is also a good choice! It all just depends on what tastes you like.

Thanks for the suggestion. I had a chicken breast today with this today with Walkerswood jerk seasoning super easy and it was fantastic.
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    skyblue99 wrote: »
    Sprinkle with low sodium taco seasoning and top with salsa. I use the leftovers to make quesadilla's, tacos or tortilla soup!

Awesome. Thanks.