These late night cravings...

Options
Will be the death of me. I am SOOO hungry and it is taking everything within me to not get up and go to the kitchen.

Replies

• TraceyKakes
    TraceyKakes Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Drink warm water! Or maybe water with some chia seeds. Good luck! I'm in the same boat!
  • Mech9
    Mech9 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Maybe plan out your meals for tomorrow to occupy your mind? That sometimes helps me. Personally, I can't go to sleep hungry because I sleep walk, ha.

If drinking water and tea don't help then you might want to consider saving some calories during the day for a later night snack. My favorites are 1oz of unsalted almonds (very filling, actually) and Laughing Cow Light Cheese Wedges (35 calories and also very filling). Anything starchy, sweet, or carb-y doesn't leave me satisfied at all.
  • mskatieread
    mskatieread Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My achilles heel too. But I crave burgers!!! :(
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,966 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are not eating enough?? Why are you so hungry? I eat dinner not too long before bed so i don't have this problem. But I try to save some cals for dessert. Lately it's been Girl Scout cookies. Last weekend I bought those little Andes mints and put them in the freezer and a couple of those is a nice after dinner sweet. 50 calories for 2 of them.
  • skyblue99
    skyblue99 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Can you make an adjustment to your dinner and bed times? If I eat dinner too early then I'll be hungry before I go to bed. Or if I'm up past my bedtime, I'll start to feel hungry.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I've recently made two changes that have helped immensely.

1. I've stopped eating breakfast. Many will disagree with me on this. But I really need the extra calories in the evening. The first few days were a little rough since my body was used to eating breakfast. But drinking lots of water and herbal tea helped me make it to lunch. Now I've trained my stomach and my mind, and I'm having no problem waiting until lunch at 11:30.

2. I needed something to occupy my mind and my hands besides food. So I got on YouTube and learned how to crochet. I'm making my daughter an afghan now and she is thrilled.
  • aliciamarieUF
    aliciamarieUF Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    skyblue99 wrote: »
    Can you make an adjustment to your dinner and bed times? If I eat dinner too early then I'll be hungry before I go to bed. Or if I'm up past my bedtime, I'll start to feel hungry.

This is more than likely the problem. I tend to stay up very late. I should get to bed much sooner.