California bred, Arizona living "Mom on a Mission"

Options
Hello! My name is Elyssa, I moved to Mesa, AZ with my husband from San Diego, CA. He is ex Navy, previously stationed on NASNI. We have 2 kids, a daughter in PK and a toddler son. I have always struggled with my weight and after some recent bloodwork, seeing my "fast food" habits actually taking effect set me off! I began seeing a nutritionist about 2 weeks ago and have completely flipped my eating habits. Everyone in my family is going to benefit from this lifestyle change, I just hope I can keep it up!! Cooking 3+ times a day is destroying my kitchen ;) but the satisfaction of not going to T-Bell is worth it. Please add me as a friend, I am excited to be a part of this fit community!

Replies

• Emdjoker64
    Emdjoker64 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Emma I live in Arizona too. I have a daughter she is 4. Welcome to mfp.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I'm an arizona native that lives in California! LOL Just a small suggestion - have you considered bulk cooking? I do that on the weekends so I have several meals ready to go during the week. It just makes my life a little easier when dinner time rolls around.

As an example - I made two different soups this past weekend AND roasted a chicken. I used the chicken for my salads, soups for dinner, plus chicken stirfry Tuesday night.

When i had my deep freezer - I'd make two-three lasagnas on the weekend then portion out some of the lasagnas into individual portions (sorta like making my own TV dinners). Those were realllly handy when I was sick or not feeling like making dinner.

• PMA150
    PMA150 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi Elyssa. I'd be happy to be friends and offer support. Anyone else feel free to add me as well. I live in Florida so I understand about shorts and bikinis.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    it is NOT necessary to cook 3x/day.. BUT good for you for taking on such an ambitious task. The whole point of MFP is to assist in creating and maintaining healthy SUSTAINABLE lifestyle habits... so take up a comfortable chair... relax, close your eyes... and envision what that looks like... IF it looks like YOU are cooking 3 times/day EVERYDAY for..ohh.. say.. the rest of your life... THEN Good on YOU... BUT that isn't really necessary...YOU can help yourself by cooking things in advance. and in larger quantities so you are NOT in the kitchen actually cooking 3x/day. some days... you can just re-heat... and then there's the miracle of "Crockpot" cooking. where you can put it together in the morning, flip it on.. and boom.. come dinner time... a hot healthy home made somethin'-somethin'.
    anyway welcome to the clan... and forget about relying on HOPE... collect the right friends.. and all you will need is your own determination.

IF you don't mind an EMU for a friend.. by all means add me :)