Let's clear up a misconception

Options

Replies

• berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    JessMoTX wrote: »
    Lies. I eat 3 cups of white sugar a day and nothing else.

ETA: Except of Sundays. On Sundays I eat 58.9 yellow marshmallow peeps.

Only yellow peeps? Hear they are coming out with Peep flavored milk. You can get your sugar AND your calcium in one shot.
    17179281-mmmain.jpg
    How do they milk the little chickens? Or do they feed the peeps to the cows, then milk the cows?

Peeps egg nog... I can't even imagine how blob awful that must taste. It's got the be the most wrong combination since Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley.

I was hoping it would just be regular egg nog that they added in to their flavored milks. If it's got peeps in it, the deal is off!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I think Peeps taste gross also, but you can still have fun with them. Put a lone peep in the center of a great big plate and put it in the microwave. Turn on microwave and watch. Mondo expando action. A plus, if you're a little tipsy first it's hilarious lol XD
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Lies. I eat 3 cups of white sugar a day and nothing else.

ETA: Except of Sundays. On Sundays I eat 58.9 yellow marshmallow peeps.

....where did the 0.1 go? Do you just leave a peep butt hanging out? Maybe an eye?

I don't eat the eyes.

Are they made of toxins?
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I have never been a fan of peeps... And the Peeps milk thing... vomit! However, give me a Cadbury Creme filled egg and I'm in!
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    emily_stew wrote: »
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    I'll add one-- People who choose to cut down their alcohol, sugar, gluten, lactose, whatever are not necessarily 'demonizing' anything or suggesting you do the same. :)

That all depends on how it is worded in the discussion. Generally if someone says "I like to limit ___________ because that works for me" without implying that it is the correct way, there usually is no problem.

The issues arise when someone says that you/or the OP/ anyone else should do these things too or they will get fat...or stay fat....etc.

I guess this will be the disagreement everyone made their popcorn for. It usually starts because someone asks how to replace or cut back on something, and the first replies they get are along the lines of "no" or laughing or asking why on earth they'd want to. Look at how many *kitten* storm threads start because the OP dares to mention the word "sugar" in the title. (taking bets on my #1 fan quoting this now, just because he can't help himself)

What I have noticed is if people are up front and mention a medical condition in their title or the first sentence of their post, everyone backs off. The people you'll see posting 3 dozen times in the other threads won't even show up. That, to me, speaks more than the bickering that actually goes on in those threads.

That's because in the absence of medical conditions (actual medical conditions, not Dr. Google), cutting out sugar, wheat, gluten, etc., is ridiculous and pointless.

And there's the declarative statement that everyone should eat the same way. Notice which side made it. If someone is less hungry or not hungry at all when they eat less sugar or wheat or whatever, which then leads to them eating less, which then leads to maintaining a deficit with much less effort, why should they try to find a way to fit it into their day? To make you happy? Are you somehow harmed because someone else quits drinking Coke or stops eating bread?

Because most of the time people who do just cut it out for "personal" reasons are doing it because they heard some misinformation on Dr. Oz or read some click-bait article online that told them that it had some sort of negative effect. Then those people come on here and vomit out the misinformation that is their new religion.

It gets old. You can personally cut something out and not say anything about it - plenty of awesome, knowledgeable people on here who are gluten free, vegan, low/moderate carb for their own reasons who don't go around spreading lies about the items they choose not to eat.

They understand that most of the time people who go vegan because "it's sooooo much healthier than eating meat," or "OMG low carb is the ONLY thing that works (even though I'm eating 1,000 calories a day) - carbs are bad for your body!" are setting themselves up for failure and giving bad advice on the threads.

It goes back to the statement whay Wizzybeth had said that if they just do the statement that it works for them there is no issue. JPW and I both disagreed with that claim and Emily came along and proved the point we were making.

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I'll add one-- People who choose to cut down their alcohol, sugar, gluten, lactose, whatever are not necessarily 'demonizing' anything or suggesting you do the same. :)

That all depends on how it is worded in the discussion. Generally if someone says "I like to limit ___________ because that works for me" without implying that it is the correct way, there usually is no problem.

The issues arise when someone says that you/or the OP/ anyone else should do these things too or they will get fat...or stay fat....etc.

I guess this will be the disagreement everyone made their popcorn for. It usually starts because someone asks how to replace or cut back on something, and the first replies they get are along the lines of "no" or laughing or asking why on earth they'd want to. Look at how many *kitten* storm threads start because the OP dares to mention the word "sugar" in the title. (taking bets on my #1 fan quoting this now, just because he can't help himself)

What I have noticed is if people are up front and mention a medical condition in their title or the first sentence of their post, everyone backs off. The people you'll see posting 3 dozen times in the other threads won't even show up. That, to me, speaks more than the bickering that actually goes on in those threads.

That's because in the absence of medical conditions (actual medical conditions, not Dr. Google), cutting out sugar, wheat, gluten, etc., is ridiculous and pointless.

And there's the declarative statement that everyone should eat the same way. Notice which side made it. If someone is less hungry or not hungry at all when they eat less sugar or wheat or whatever, which then leads to them eating less, which then leads to maintaining a deficit with much less effort, why should they try to find a way to fit it into their day? To make you happy? Are you somehow harmed because someone else quits drinking Coke or stops eating bread?

Oh yes, it's always because they're ONLY less hungry when they give those things up and they always say that. It's never "they're addicted", or "it's the best way to lose weight" or any other of 1,000 different fallacies that get rightfully rebutted.

• ittybittykittyy
    ittybittykittyy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Im gonna eat 1860 calories in M&M's a day, Ill DEFINITLY lose weight :smiley: Jk :disappointed:

If you burn 1900 calories a day, you will! Slowly.
  • blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »
    I was really stressed yesterday and ate nothing but two hard boiled eggs. (True story.) Does this mean I'm in starvation mode? How many Peeps to I have to eat to jumpstart my metabolism? If I don't like Peeps, can I just take an entire bottle of Raspberry Ketones and wash it down with green tea?

Help. I didn't eat enough yesterday and I just know I'm going to become obese as a result.

*kitten*. I forgot Raspberry Ketones and Acai Berry Juice in my pantheon of weight loss techniques. Here you to:

Peeps
    Acai Berries
    Raspberry Ketones
    Lemon Cleanses
    Acai Berry Juice
    Breatharianism
    CICO

What about the cabbage soup diet? you didn't put that in there.... *pout lip* or is that too old of one to add... I will admit the keytones and acai are newer to the game
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    blukitten wrote: »
    EWJLang wrote: »
    I was really stressed yesterday and ate nothing but two hard boiled eggs. (True story.) Does this mean I'm in starvation mode? How many Peeps to I have to eat to jumpstart my metabolism? If I don't like Peeps, can I just take an entire bottle of Raspberry Ketones and wash it down with green tea?

Help. I didn't eat enough yesterday and I just know I'm going to become obese as a result.

*kitten*. I forgot Raspberry Ketones and Acai Berry Juice in my pantheon of weight loss techniques. Here you to:

Peeps
    Acai Berries
    Raspberry Ketones
    Lemon Cleanses
    Acai Berry Juice
    Breatharianism
    CICO

What about the cabbage soup diet? you didn't put that in there.... *pout lip* or is that too old of one to add... I will admit the keytones and acai are newer to the game

Teatox is showing up a lot lately. Poop for pounds. Sounds legit.

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

Because most of the time people who do just cut it out for "personal" reasons are doing it because they heard some misinformation on Dr. Oz or read some click-bait article online that told them that it had some sort of negative effect. Then those people come on here and vomit out the misinformation that is their new religion.

It gets old. You can personally cut something out and not say anything about it - plenty of awesome, knowledgeable people on here who are gluten free, vegan, low/moderate carb for their own reasons who don't go around spreading lies about the items they choose not to eat.

They understand that most of the time people who go vegan because "it's sooooo much healthier than eating meat," or "OMG low carb is the ONLY thing that works (even though I'm eating 1,000 calories a day) - carbs are bad for your body!" are setting themselves up for failure and giving bad advice on the threads.

cosigned
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    MelRC117 wrote: »

Why is it ridculous if it helps someone get to a calorie deficit? Because YOU don't agree with it?

Because a lot of time it doesn't help them. It's someone crying about missing their bread or making it clear that they think they need to do something that is in reality only making weight loss harder.
  • MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    Options
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

It goes back to the statement whay Wizzybeth had said that if they just do the statement that it works for them there is no issue. JPW and I both disagreed with that claim and Emily came along and proved the point we were making.

Right - if it works for them, and they're not on here fear mongering and spreading their broscience all over the place, then it is not an issue.

However, I completely agree with Emily that it is not necessary, and I don't really see why pointing out to someone that what they're doing isn't necessary is a bad thing. The poster may not realize that it's not necessary, they could've gotten some bad information from somewhere and are using it as gospel, or there could be lurkers in the thread who will think that it is necessary to cut out that food group for success.

The thing is that many people who completely cut a food group from their diet don't realize that it will likely not be sustainable unless they have a medical issue requiring it or if they have serious ethical reasons for cutting it out. People are being informative and helpful when they point that out.
  • Burt_Huttz
    Burt_Huttz Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    At the risk of violating Community Guideline 11, I hereby claim OP has violated Community Guidelines 1 & 2.

SO SAYETH BURT AND SO MOTE SHALL IT BE.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

Right - if it works for them, and they're not on here fear mongering and spreading their broscience all over the place, then it is not an issue.

However, I completely agree with Emily that it is not necessary, and I don't really see why pointing out to someone that what they're doing isn't necessary is a bad thing. The poster may not realize that it's not necessary, they could've gotten some bad information from somewhere and are using it as gospel, or there could be lurkers in the thread who will think that it is necessary to cut out that food group for success.

The thing is that many people who completely cut a food group from their diet don't realize that it will likely not be sustainable unless they have a medical issue requiring it or if they have serious ethical reasons for cutting it out. People are being informative and helpful when they point that out.

because all OP's should be 100% validated and on one should ever bring up anything contrary to the point that they are making.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

Ahh forget it..
    I don't know why I decided to come into the forums today.

It really is pointless. I don't know why I waste my time.
This discussion has been closed.