Let's clear up a misconception

Options

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I dislike everyone in this thread.

Why are you trying to derail yet another thread? I thought this one was about peeps?
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options

FTFY

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    MrCoolGrim wrote: »
    EWJLang wrote: »
    Lies. I eat 3 cups of white sugar a day and nothing else.

ETA: Except of Sundays. On Sundays I eat 58.9 yellow marshmallow peeps.

....where did the 0.1 go? Do you just leave a peep butt hanging out? Maybe an eye?

I don't eat the eyes.

I'm picturing you sitting there next to a plate of peep eyes. It's beautiful.

He hides them in his beard for later :p

My beard is 100% made of peep eyes. And souls.
  • spoonyspork
    spoonyspork Posts: 238 Member
    Options

This seems like a good thread to ask this: does that dog in your avatar keep getting closer to the camera every couple weeks, or has calorie moderation finally driven me insane?
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    bw_conway wrote: »
    adowe wrote: »
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    EvanKeel wrote: »
    Between meeting macros and fiber within even slightly restricted calories, it would be exceedingly difficult (for me) to eat significant amounts of "junk." I dislike that word both for its vagueness and connotations, but it's applicable.

I am eliminating "junk food" from my vocabulary and changing it to "fun food."

Great idea - while we're at it, let's also rename other things: "high cholesterfun", "funabetes" and "hypertensfun"!

you sound fun

Keeping the "fun" in dysfunctional is a thankless job...

So are you saying you are dysfunctional??
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options

Why are you trying to derail yet another thread? I thought this one was about peeps?

I dislike Peeps

You're a monster.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

I dislike Peeps

I heard that. Peeps are gross. But I don't like unburnt marshmallows, so...

Maybe I could eat Peeps if they were set on fire first, but that might take away their cleansing properties.
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    jacksonpt wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    I think, for some people, there is a disconnect between

"Eat whatever you want as long as it fits in your cals/macros."

and

"Find ways to balance foods you enjoy with other foods for an overall healthy, balanced diet."

The first applies to weight loss and is, if I'm not mistaken, IIFYM by the letter of the law.

The second is a more reasonable, responsible approach generally applicable to the masses.

yes, but if you hitting your cals/macros it is going to be almost impossible to do it with 100% donuts, ice cream, etc...you would still need some chicken, vegetables, rice, whole grains, to balance it out...

False.

This is my go-to day. Certainly not everyday, but this is pretty indicative of my typical eating. Sure, it's not all donuts and ice cream, but there are no fruits, no veggies, no whole grain, etc.

7s9h7npyc0l2.jpg

sorry to interrupt the 'mallow love fest, but i've got a serious question. would this diet be considered healthy? i mean, he's hitting all his macros without and fruits or veg but people on both sides stress the importance of produce and whole grains. or is this diet lacking because perceived lack of micronutrients?
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    This is genius. I never tried burning them. Next time I go camping I will impale one on a stick and shove it directly into the campfire. Then if it still tastes bad to me I will just throw the whole pack into the fire and laugh as they burn lol XD
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »

and

"Find ways to balance foods you enjoy with other foods for an overall healthy, balanced diet."

The first applies to weight loss and is, if I'm not mistaken, IIFYM by the letter of the law.

The second is a more reasonable, responsible approach generally applicable to the masses.

yes, but if you hitting your cals/macros it is going to be almost impossible to do it with 100% donuts, ice cream, etc...you would still need some chicken, vegetables, rice, whole grains, to balance it out...

False.

This is my go-to day. Certainly not everyday, but this is pretty indicative of my typical eating. Sure, it's not all donuts and ice cream, but there are no fruits, no veggies, no whole grain, etc.

7s9h7npyc0l2.jpg

sorry to interrupt the 'mallow love fest, but i've got a serious question. would this diet be considered healthy? i mean, he's hitting all his macros without and fruits or veg but people on both sides stress the importance of produce and whole grains. or is this diet lacking because perceived lack of micronutrients?

There is nothing inherently "wrong" with his diet, and it really depends on what his goals are. I see pork - protein, fat, iron, B12, other important nutrients; milk - calcium, vitamin D, various micronutrients; cheese - fat, calcium; and he's taking a multivitamin.

Plus this is just one day, it's not representative of his entire diet. Though there are people in this thread who will not hesitate to tell him that he will die tomorrow if he continues to eat this way.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    This is genius. I never tried burning them. Next time I go camping I will impale one on a stick and shove it directly into the campfire. Then if it still tastes bad to me I will just throw the whole pack into the fire and laugh as they burn lol XD

Glad I could help someone today!
  • blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »

Heyyyy, that was my idea!! But still a good one-- I will have to try this burning of the peeps to see if it improves their flavor!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
  • blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »

and

False.

7s9h7npyc0l2.jpg

I think that's kind of the point of this thread isn't it? besides the mallow loving peeps argument (I hate them by the way, there I said it, I feel better) but the main point was moderation right? And that can mean something different for everyone- its about what works for individuals. I don't think anyone can make a judgement on the "healthiness" of this diet or page from a diet as that is exactly what it is- a page or glimpse. Its only one day and doesn't mean he eats like this every day- or he might but its what he considers "healthy" and what works for him....
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options

This seems like a good thread to ask this: does that dog in your avatar keep getting closer to the camera every couple weeks, or has calorie moderation finally driven me insane?

I have no clue what you're talking about.

I lol'ed
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options

I have no clue what you're talking about.

I just spit the Diet Coke I was drinking all over my computer keyboard. Thanks for that. :)
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    adowe wrote: »
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    EvanKeel wrote: »
    Between meeting macros and fiber within even slightly restricted calories, it would be exceedingly difficult (for me) to eat significant amounts of "junk." I dislike that word both for its vagueness and connotations, but it's applicable.

I am eliminating "junk food" from my vocabulary and changing it to "fun food."

Great idea - while we're at it, let's also rename other things: "high cholesterfun", "funabetes" and "hypertensfun"!

you sound fun

Keeping the "fun" in dysfunctional is a thankless job...

So are you saying you are dysfunctional??

I lack the required depth of introspection necessary to accurately answer that question.
  • ddixon503
    ddixon503 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    This entire thread (minus the two or three buzz-kills) make me smile!
This discussion has been closed.