Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I think, for some people, there is a disconnect between

"Eat whatever you want as long as it fits in your cals/macros."

and

"Find ways to balance foods you enjoy with other foods for an overall healthy, balanced diet."

The first applies to weight loss and is, if I'm not mistaken, IIFYM by the letter of the law.

The second is a more reasonable, responsible approach generally applicable to the masses.

I typically do the first, and need to do a better job of the second. I am the strawman.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Last night I had 3 servings of ice cream, just now I had a Reese's Peanut butter egg!! :wink:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    jacksonpt wrote: »

and

"Find ways to balance foods you enjoy with other foods for an overall healthy, balanced diet."

The first applies to weight loss and is, if I'm not mistaken, IIFYM by the letter of the law.

The second is a more reasonable, responsible approach generally applicable to the masses.

yes, but if you hitting your cals/macros it is going to be almost impossible to do it with 100% donuts, ice cream, etc...you would still need some chicken, vegetables, rice, whole grains, to balance it out...
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    I tell you what does need clearing up: What the heck are peeps?!

The key to weight loss. In the heierarchy of surefire weight loss techniques, it goes:

Peeps
    Lemon Cleanses
    Breatharianism
    CICO

peeps-1024x798.jpg
  • MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    this one is just funny ...

f89346d071229833_Mints1.gif

test
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I'll add one-- People who choose to cut down their alcohol, sugar, gluten, lactose, whatever are not necessarily 'demonizing' anything or suggesting you do the same. :)

+1
  • ndj1979
    Options
    MrCoolGrim wrote: »
    this one is just funny ...

f89346d071229833_Mints1.gif

test

congrats, you are now a certified MFP gifter..

welcome to the dark side...
  • MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Jesus, people! Get it together! Did I stutter? Yellow peeps! No chocolate covering, no marshmallow christmas trees or easter bunnies. Yelow. Mothertrucking. Peeps.

I am interested in your ideas and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Really? It's very affordable.

1million-300x250.jpg

How do you post pictures or giffs on this site? Its not fair man, it just not fair

Find yourself a purdy picture, copy its url, click the handy dandy paper icon at the top of the reply box and paste the url into the box that pops up. Voila! Picture in a post. Do the same thing to post a gif.

Do I paste the URL in the "Browse" space?
  • jacksonpt
    edited March 2015
    Options

and

yes, but if you hitting your cals/macros it is going to be almost impossible to do it with 100% donuts, ice cream, etc...you would still need some chicken, vegetables, rice, whole grains, to balance it out...

False.

This is my go-to day. Certainly not everyday, but this is pretty indicative of my typical eating. Sure, it's not all donuts and ice cream, but there are no fruits, no veggies, no whole grain, etc.

7s9h7npyc0l2.jpg
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    so-much-of-my-day-is-just-keeping-myself-distracted-until-its-time-to-eat-food-again.jpg
    ETA: Peeps are gross.
  • ndj1979
    edited March 2015
    Options

and

False.

This is my go-to day. Certainly not everyday, but this is pretty indicative of my typical eating. Sure, it's not all donuts and ice cream, but there are no fruits, no veggies, no whole grain, etc.

7s9h7npyc0l2.jpg

Ok - but my point still stand if you went majority donuts, cookies, ice cream then it would be hard to hit your macros...
  • tincanonastring
    edited March 2015
    Options

and

False.

Are you in Rochester? I feel like I've been to a Dinosaur BBQ (or something like that) in Rochester, NY.
  • jacksonpt
    Options

Are you in Rochester? I feel like I've been to a Dinosaur BBQ (or something like that) in Rochester, NY.

About 2 hours southeast... but yea, there is one in Rochester.
  • SilverRose89
    SilverRose89 Posts: 447 Member
    Options

The key to weight loss. In the heierarchy of surefire weight loss techniques, it goes:

Peeps
    Lemon Cleanses
    Breatharianism
    CICO

peeps-1024x798.jpg

You Americans seem to have much nicer sweets/candy than us :cry:

I'm visiting in June, I'll be sure to stock up on peeps!
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »
    I don't know... I mean, I'm not disagreeing with the OP at all. But some of these responses... a whole pizza... bacon... yeah, they have macronutrients but will not help me with macronutrient goals. If I ate a whole pizza, I'd have to try like hell to make up the protein to balance it with the fat and carbs. Are we talking chicken breast and cottage cheese pizza? Typically, the proteins on a pizza are at least 50% fat (and some type of sausage), be it salami, pepperoni or Italian sausage... or bacon... or linguica or ground beef or meatballs.

Or maybe I'm assuming too much. Do most of you not have macro goals and just follow CICO? I know my protein goal is somewhat high at 40%.

You should definitely switch to my all sugar diet. You don't have to worry about macros or anything!

I had me some sugar one Sunday. The family was out and I was looking for a fix. And there it was a box of Ferro Roches. I stood there and contimplated the idea. I turned on my phone and looked at my MFP App and BAM, I had 1200 calaories left. So I ate them and i loved them with no regrets and i still lost 1lb the following week.

You *kitten* up. On Sundays you have to eat your entire calorie allowance in yellow Peeps. That's the only way to lose weight.

Are pink and green Peeps acceptable or have I royally screwed up my weight loss ;)

Jesus, people! Get it together! Did I stutter? Yellow peeps! No chocolate covering, no marshmallow christmas trees or easter bunnies. Yellow. Mothertrucking. Peeps.
    ROFL

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    ETA: Peeps are gross.

I'm so glad somebody said it.

• jacksonpt
    edited March 2015
    Options

and

False.

7s9h7npyc0l2.jpg

Ok - but my point still stand if you went majority donuts, cookies, ice cream then it would be hard to hit your macros...

True. My point was that you don't need fruits, veggies, whole grains (i.e. traditional "clean" foods) in order to stay within cals and hit good macros. You can still do so with what is often considered to be unhealthy junk food.
  • ndj1979
    edited March 2015
    Options

[img]ttps://www.google.ca/search?q=ferrero+rocher&hl=en-CA&gbv=2&prmd=ivnse&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=4ZL4VNujA8KTyASfvoKoCw&ved=0CAUQ_AU[/img]

fixed it for you ...well I tried to but I don't think you copied the image correctly ...
  • kampshoff
    kampshoff Posts: 133 Member
    Options

Peeps
    Lemon Cleanses
    Breatharianism
    CICO

peeps-1024x798.jpg

You Americans seem to have much nicer sweets/candy than us :cry:

I'm visiting in June, I'll be sure to stock up on peeps!

This will be far more controversial than anything else in this thread, I fear, but I'll just come out and say it.

Peeps just aren't that good. In fact, I would go so far as to say they are bad. Disgusting, even.
  • tincanonastring
    edited March 2015
    Options

and

False.

7s9h7npyc0l2.jpg

I'm kind of lost now because that one shitheel keeps going on and on about the all sugar diet, but I'm pretty sure that's the entire purpose of this OP: No one is advocating that a diet of all "junk" food is feasible. There's a huge difference between "eat in moderation" and "get the majority of your calories through donuts, cookies, and pizza."
This discussion has been closed.