Two years and a little over half way there. (pics)

Options
dawnna76
dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
I am not a to my goal yet still have about 30 pounds to go but I already feel like a success. I started around 250 (sure it was closer to 260) and am currently 189. I am 5'7" and 39 years old. At my 35th birthday party I made a promise to myself and all my friends and family there that I was going to finally make the change and get myself healthy. I was going to lose 100 pounds and run a marathon by the time I turned 40. AND THEN I DIDNT! So the year I turned 37 I actually started to fulfill that promise.

I havent dieted in the sense that I follow any program that restricts anything. I am a hobby baker and love all sweets. I eat pizza every friday and usually a burger on the weekend. I just try to eat what would be a really well balanced diet that includes all the foods I love. i plan everything out and log in the mornings so I know each day where I stand and if I have room to fudge.

In the beginning I ate back exercise calories and lost about .5 - 1.0 pounds a week. I dropped to around 200 by the end of the first year. I then seemed to stall out and spent the next 11 months between 195 and 205 despite working out and still eating (mostly) right.

On Jan 1st this year I got serious again. Heck I was about to turn 39 and I hadnt made any of the promises I made to myself and everyone at 35. I refocused on diet and stopped eating my exercise calories back and I dropped from 203 to 189 in 8 weeks time.

I have run numberous 5ks, 10ks and a few 15. I have done two half marathons. So I signed up for a full this june. Im not sure if I will lose that last 40 hit my 100 pound lost by 40 goal but I sure as heck am going to finish that marathon!

In the last two years my life has changed so much. I went from being a lazy, out of shape house wife, who felt out of control in all areas of my life. I was so happy. Now I have a job I love, am loving every moment of every day and am closer to my family than I have been in years.

small changes over time do add up to big changes in the end!

first picture 250+# 2nd picture around 220#
2a9da8b1468aebcf205a90853fd92c50e874.jpg2a9d93783c4aec88777026fec15e02092775.jpg

3rd picture around 200# last pictrure from 5 days ago #189#
2a9d1b05d4e84750a33a8d74d813b2d64bb6.jpg2a9d6a5ccbcead8fc8f593cbf13bee0776bb.jpg

and the journey continues.

Replies

• DeeNyceRN
    DeeNyceRN Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Thank you for sharing your story!
  • penelopepittstopsmam
    penelopepittstopsmam Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Wow, well done. Especially for the running. You must be so proud of yourself.
  • mizzzc
    mizzzc Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I am also 5'7" and started out at 260ish pounds. I can not wait to break the 200's!!!! You've done very well for yourself and will most certainly hit a 100 pound loss by 40 :)
  • vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Wow, you're doing great! And I imagine training for a marathon and fuelling your body specifically for that may actually help shift those last pounds :smile:
  • csylva
    csylva Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You rock!! Congrats on your achievements and future marathon!! You can obviously accomplish ANYTHING you set your mind too
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look awesome. I have a lot of respect for runners. I absolutely hate it.
  • lili61
    lili61 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Great job! Your running accomplishments are very impressive!

I am 5'7.5 and around 160 if you want a friend with similar goals! :)
  • freddo52
    freddo52 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    What a brilliant story. You re doing brilliant keep up the good work and focused... I ve just started in January and have been going very slow. But at least I'm still sticking at it. Glad to read you're story as it keeps me motivated too.. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!