Protein powders

Options

Replies

• foursirius
    foursirius Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I use ProJym currently and have had so many different brands over the years.
  • dc_thedrivah01
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein Isolate. Cookies & Cream. Delicious.
  • s_pekz
    s_pekz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition mocha cappuchino. amazing in hot chocolate or coffee :smiley:
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I like phase8 by muscletech and cellucors is good as well. I take the phase 8 in the morning or later as a snack and use cellucors post workout.
  • mokaiba
    mokaiba Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm curious at what protein powders people are using? I am currently using Advocare Meal Replacement shakes (mostly because I had a pantry full of them). I'd like to find a good protein powder instead of the meal replacement. I'd also like it to be as healthy as possible. I've tried a few. For example, the organic pea powder stuff. Yuk!

MuscleTech Platinum 100% Beef Protein. Its odd but ok taste is from the creatine in it.
  • Nightfox609
    Nightfox609 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition 100% natural whey.
  • cb2bslim
    cb2bslim Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    GNC Pro Performance Amp Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60. I like the chocolate, strawberry, and the vanilla.
  • jjsilcox96
    jjsilcox96 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I use the phase8 to before bed it suppose to stay with you for up to 8 hours and in the daytime I use syntha 6 the chocalte taste like chocolate milk or hot chocolate
  • kimberlydgarcia
    kimberlydgarcia Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    mokaiba wrote: »
    I'm curious at what protein powders people are using? I am currently using Advocare Meal Replacement shakes (mostly because I had a pantry full of them). I'd like to find a good protein powder instead of the meal replacement. I'd also like it to be as healthy as possible. I've tried a few. For example, the organic pea powder stuff. Yuk!

MuscleTech Platinum 100% Beef Protein. Its odd but ok taste is from the creatine in it.

Hmmm. I've never heard of this. I don't know about that, I can barely stomach regular beef!
  • NekoneMeowMixx
    NekoneMeowMixx Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I'm currently using Body Fortress Whew Protein. I can't really attest to how healthy or not it is-- I did notice that the chocolate (while higher in calories) actually has more protein than the vanilla (enough to make a noticeable difference) but I prefer the taste of the vanilla (the chocolate has this... sandy grainy texture)

So while I can't entirely recommend it, it's not terrible, it does the job, and it's cheap... I'm open to suggestions as well though, and hope you find the right powder to do the job!
  • cane71
    cane71 Posts: 1
    Options
    IsaPro by Isagenix. No artificial ingredients. Undenatured whey protein from grassfed New Zealand cows! Love it!
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I use GNC Lean shake as well as Idealshape protein powder.
  • unlikelyathlete
    unlikelyathlete Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have Kroger grocery stores where I live, and they have a vanilla whey protein that is not only inexpensive, but it has 80 calories and 18 grams of protein per serving. I'm in love. Srsly.
  • neaneacc
    neaneacc Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I use Isopure low carb Dutch chocolate and I love it. It mixes well and packs 50 grams of protein in one shake using 2 scoops.
  • spoonyspork
    spoonyspork Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Protein powder is really more a 'convenient' way to get protein without having to pre-cook a bunch of stuff. I use 'jarrow' brand unflavored whey, because all of the flavored ones use stevia or artificial sweeteners which taste *nasty* to me (if anyone can point me to one that doesn't, I would appreciate it!). 90 calories of it has 18g protein. 90 calories of chicken breast has 22. I'd rather have chicken. But, I can't add chicken breast to my coffee or oatmeal (well, I guess I could make savory oatmeal, but still end up having to cook something for it!)

Unflavored is probably where you want to go if you're looking for less processed (it also seems to be a bit lower in calories though also in protein), then you can add whatever flavor you like. Word of warning though: adding it to plain milk or water ends up just tasting like sour milk. Not even *good* sour like buttermilk or yogurt. Don't try adding it to your (cold) cereal milk. You will regret it XD
  • nuttynanners
    nuttynanners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition is one of the mostly highly rated ones that I've heard of. They have natural protein powders available too.

However... I went online to buy some off Amazon yesterday, and it seems there might be a shortage going on. The prices are staggeringly inconsistent, exorbitant, and some things seem to be out of stock.

I just finished off a tub of it, so I might need to find a substitute for the time being. I'm looking for something NATURAL or ORGANIC without crappy artificial sweeteners. You gotta be careful bout that, protein powder can have lots of artificial crap in it.
  • bbyblu82
    bbyblu82 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I use Isagenix. They have both a meal replacement shake option in a few flavors and they also have a strickly whey protein. I use them both because all come from grass fed cows in new Zealand where the crops don't get all the toxins sprayed on them. And it's undenatured whey. So super healthy which is why I choose vs others. Oh! Also no soy too!
  • velbing
    velbing Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm using dymatize elite gourmet and dymatize Iso 100. Elite gourmet is pleasant tasting...140 calories per serving and NOT thick and gloopy like some I have tried. Its a blend of casein, whey protein and whey isolate. The Dymatize Iso 100 is artificially sweetened, and as such is sweeter tasting and only 100-110 calories. I add 2 ounces of water more than suggested so the sweetness is not overpowering. The Iso protein comes entirely from whey protein isolate...and remains at a thin consistency. Mixed with water, it tastes very much like rich chocolate or strawberry milk. They make several flavors, these are my favorites. Both Iso 100 and eElite gourmet offer approximately 24 g of protein per serving.
  • bbyblu82
    bbyblu82 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    To the people saying that protein powders aren't needed to lose weight. Its true... Somewhat. But the problem with saying that is that what a good quality protein powder does is absorb faster than a meat protein will be able to absorb and start working on building and recovering your muscles. Good protein powders can start your muscle recovery after a workout much, much quicker than if you were to go eat eggs, chicken or beef after a workout and thus building lean muscle quicker and with then with more muscle you are burning more calories even when you are not working out.
  • ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I love Combat cookies n cream! Tastes amazing. (I've tried a bunch and this is my favorite.)