Breakfast!

Options

Replies

• Ginaaa71
    Ginaaa71 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    tam05ad wrote: »
    1 Paleo pancake with chicken maple sausage = 300 cal

What is a paleo pancake? Recipe please!!!
  • shcraddock
    Options
    Currently liking a whole wheat English muffin with a tiny bit of butter on one side, an egg*, 1 slice of Sargento ultra thin cheese, and a piece of fruit.

* Crack egg into a ramekin, cover with paper towel, throw in microwave for about 40 seconds on high - super easy and quick.
  • shaddowstorm
    shaddowstorm Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    u can make pancakes with 1/3 cup oats 1 banana and 2 eggs u can take out the yolks if u want. I make this in a mix and go but u can use whatever. and when they're cooking in frypan u can add whatever fruit or choc chips.

does anyone know a English muffin recipe without yeast ?
  • MeganFlanagan16
    MeganFlanagan16 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I've been having one egg, 1 slice of whole wheat toast, and a cup of orange juice... About an hour or two later Ill have some fruit.
  • Whittedo
    Whittedo Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I usually have 3/4 cup rolled oats cooked with 1 whole egg & 2 egg whites. I pan fry it just like scrambled eggs.

Once it is cooked I mix in 1T of organic peanut butter and about 1/2 cup of sliced strawberries or mixed berries. I know it sounds a little weird but its great! You get plenty of protein, it is filling, and super tasty! You could probably make it using the same fruit you use in your porridge.
    I have to try that.

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I devour a Quest bar while I wait for the train. I do not fart around with breakfast.
  • SarahKhristan
    SarahKhristan Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of quiche for breakfast! You can load it with veggies if you like, or do something like cheddar and bacon. If I cook one, I have ready-made breakfasts (or lunch or whatever) for several meals.
  • topsyfish
    Options
    I like making smoothies with almond milk and fruit, honey, and a splenda, with an egg sandwich and a cut of tea no cream, no sugar.
  • chopsart
    chopsart Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    We make very filling breakfast burritos. 1oz precooked drained chorizo, egg beaters, small flour tortilla, and spicy salsa. Keeps us going until lunch. Under 300 calories
  • MaryCS62
    MaryCS62 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I mostly have egg beater sandwiches, sometimes with cheese or canadien bacon. Today I took 1/2 cup fat free greek yogurt, mixed in 6 g PB2 & 1 tbsp sugar free preserves. Had it with a small (52g) bagel.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    This morning was a bit of a gorge for me. 2 eggs 3 strips of bacon, fried mushrooms, a pancake and a tablespoon of syrup.

Normally I will have 2 eggs over a bowl of oatmeal made with water and 2 slices of bacon crumbled up in it. I know it sounds gross, but I love it.
  • sleek2323
    Options
    Nonfat Greek yogurt (3.3 oz) with 1T unsalted pecan pieces and 1 tsp agave, 2 slices turkey bacon, 1 cup mixed berries, decaf coffee with nonfat milk. My go to delicious breakfast. 321 cal.
  • bshustack
    bshustack Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Every morning I make a veggy/fruit drink with banana, avacado, carrot, apple, kale, cucumber, Chia seeds, strawberries.
  • Sarasari
    Sarasari Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I make couscous, brown rice, or quinoa ahead of time several days worth. I season them with a Table spoon of green chile on my plate Then in the morning I measure out a serving of that with some 2 cups spinach, a couple of over easy eggs. Made with Pam. I buy the hard boiled eggs from Costco, so If I don't have time to make the eggs that day, I don't. Sometimes I have fruit.
  • berniehfx
    berniehfx Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This has been our weekend favorite breakfast for the last month, so I decided to have some fun and make a video of my GF whipping it up this morning. Recipe is in the video comments as well. If you watch I hope you enjoy!

youtu.be/xCioVWsVPnA

Ingredients:

1 avocado
    2 eggs
    1 bagel
    1/2 tsp Garlic powder (or to taste)
    1/2 tsp Onion powder (or to taste)
    Salt (to taste)
    Pepper (to taste)
    1 1/2 tbsp Salsa (hot)
    Lime juice (to taste)
    1/2 tsp Chives
    1/2 tsp Parsley
    Tabasco sauce (to taste)
    Frank's Hot Sauce (to taste)

Instructions:

Note: You can substitute your own guacamole recipe or store bought version. Some recipes call for just mashed avocado but we find the flavor flat, especially if you don't add hot sauce at the end.

Make your Guacamole mixture:
    Peel and mash 1 avocado in a small/medium size mixing bowl
    Mix in Garlic powder, Onion powder, Salt, Pepper and Salsa (taste and add additional spices as desired)
    Smooth guac mixture flat in the bowl, cover the surface with a thin layer of lime juice (this will add flavor and keep your guac from turning brown)
    Cover with plastic wrap by pressing it down tightly to the surface to keep air away from the guac mixture. Place in refridgerator. (this also helps keep your guac from turning brown)

Cook 2 eggs (we like over-easy with parsley)
    Toast your bagel (We like to use PC Blue Menu Thins Multi-Grain Bagel 160 calories)
    Top each half of a toasted bagel with 1/2 of the guac mixture and 1 cooked egg
    Add Frank's Hot Sauce on top
    Garnish with parsley (optional)

317 calories per serving
  • lisafrancis888
    lisafrancis888 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I actually missed breakfast this morning , naughty I know but had a really long sleep.
    I like a slice of wholemeal bread with sliced banana and a little bit of honey on. Otherwise I tend to have porridge and fruit.
  • ashliij
    ashliij Posts: 54
    Options
    Ezekiel bread is your friend. I'll have a toasted slice or two with fresh avocado and a squeeze of lime juice (and a tiny bit of S&P) with an egg white omelette on the side. It's also great with peanut butter, a sliced banana, and a sprinkling of cinnamon.
  • polkadont
    polkadont Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I make a "Power Oatmeal"

1PKG instant oatmeal
    1OZ Pomegranate seeds
    1/3C Plain greek yogurt
    1 OZ Dark Chocolate chips

Make I instant oatmeal, stir in remaining ingredients.

You can use less chocolate or oatmeal to reduce the calories

• DanThomasBurton
    DanThomasBurton Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've been having either porridge with cinnamon and raisins or wholemeal toast with 2 poached eggs.
    I'll have an apple 2 hours after
  • Bailey_432
    Bailey_432 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    In for the ideas!

I never tend to put much effort into my breakfasts - I can never get out of bed! But one of my faves is greek yogurt, granola (the super nutty kind), drizzled in honey, yummm :blush: