tacos!!!

Options
cosmos04
cosmos04 Posts: 5 Member
Anyone have a good healthy taco recipes willing to share.

Replies

• LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Ohh tacos, how I love them!!! All types!!!

I actually love turkey tacos. I use turkey sausage or ground turkey and season it and use spinach tortillas (Actual tortillas, they're just green).

Or spinach and egg tacos with turkey bacon. :)
  • NEWMEKELLIB
    NEWMEKELLIB Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I love tacos, any meats...I use lettuce as the wrap and eat a few and one plain with small corn tortillas...
    I season my meat spicy --- with fresh jalapeno --dry fry

add with avocado lettuce and cilantro for garnish --- salsa on the side

some times some plain Greek yogurt as the sour cream element..

depends what kind of calories you want to consume at a time...really versatile recipes
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I love fish tacos. High protein, lower calorie...so good! I sprinkle the fish (mild white fish like unsalted cod or flounder, tilapia, etc are best) with some salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder and bake it. Then I lightly squeeze some lime on it and build a taco just like with any other meat. Lettuce if you want or some other baby greens, a salsa, something spicy either hot sauce or fresh jalapenos or serranos, sometimes a little avocado. I do use plain yogurt instead of sour cream just because I've done that for years now. I also use corn tortillas and bake them in the oven just until they start to get crisp then pull them out and fold so they get the taco shape. So very good.
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I'm planning fish tacos for tonight, and I found this wonderful recipe that I actually have all the ingredients for, so I'm going to give them a try. I should probably run the recipe through the recipe builder to get the calorie/carb/protein count though. That will tell me how many I can have!

Blackened Fish Tacos
    http://cookinglsl.com/blackened-cod-fish-tacos/

• tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    On second thought, I think I can cobble together another recipe for fish tacos. That one calculates to way more calories and carbs than I have available.
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I just had easy tacos last night. Ground Turkey cooked with McCormick Mild Taco Seasoning mix. Jar of Pace Medium Chunky Salsa. Diced onion. Romain Lettuce for shells. Perfect and very low cal....I usually eat three. Yum!
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Carne Asada Tacos

I put the recipe in the recipe importer... 138 calories per taco.
  • foxyninja398
    foxyninja398 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Throw some chicken into a crockpot with a container of black beans (drained), salsa, garlic, cumin and jalapenos (if you like more heat). Makes amazing shredded chicken for tacos.
  • Nonya81
    Nonya81 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I always eat tacos but my favorite are mini corn tortillas, sirloin steak, cilantro, onion and salsa. so good
  • SarahKhristan
    SarahKhristan Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    In a crockpot - 6 large chicken breasts, 1 16oz jar of salsa (or more), and one packet of taco seasoning (or make your own if you can). Cook until you can shred the chicken.

This chicken is AMAZEBALLS. Great in tacos - I also set about half aside to make a chicken tortilla soup with it as well.
  • hkygrl05
    hkygrl05 Posts: 1
    Options
    I make mine with venison. Mmm Mmm good.
  • jessicasim92
    Options
    There's a bunch of fish tacos recipe on this app I'm using called sidechef. If you want it low cal, try the ceviche fish tacos. I like the one with sriracha and aioli sauce.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Food Network, Alton Brown "Taco Potion #19". I use either shredded chicken, ground chicken, turkey or beef. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/taco-potion-19-recipe.html
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I swear by Penzy's bold taco blend. It's a little bit pricy but totally worth it. I'm usually not very picky about brands, but Penzy's is great. As far as I know, they only have stores in the US, but you can order it online

When making tacos, I usually use lean ground beef, and top it with lettuce, cooked peppers and onions, tomatoes, and some Greek yogurt or sour cream
  • cosmos04
    cosmos04 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Steff46 wrote: »
    I just had easy tacos last night. Ground Turkey cooked with McCormick Mild Taco Seasoning mix. Jar of Pace Medium Chunky Salsa. Diced onion. Romain Lettuce for shells. Perfect and very low cal....I usually eat three. Yum!

I did the same thing, I found where you make your own seasoning (I had it all anyways) saved alot of sodium. And I used the Greek yorget as sour cream.

Thank you for yall's input was going to take a picture but was to hungry