Another new person :)

Options
Hi everyone,

I'm new here. I had been using another site, and recently decided to try this one, as I like the interface a bit better. I've struggled with overeating and a sedentary lifestyle most of my adult life, so as usual I'm afraid I'm going to blow it. But I've been doing okay so far. I'm trying not to think about anything too hard or punish myself or such, but just kinda keep on plugging away. It's been about a month since I started up with my latest attempt, and I've maintained about the same weight, but have been working out steadily, almost every day. So that's something. When I started I couldn't breathe at all and could go maybe 10 minutes, and now I'm up to 45. So while I'm hoping to see weight loss results, I'm pretty pleased that at least my endurance and muscle are increasing.

So. Hi. :)

Replies

• figmentj
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm new here. I had been using another site, and recently decided to try this one, as I like the interface a bit better. I've struggled with overeating and a sedentary lifestyle most of my adult life, so as usual I'm afraid I'm going to blow it. But I've been doing okay so far. I'm trying not to think about anything too hard or punish myself or such, but just kinda keep on plugging away. It's been about a month since I started up with my latest attempt, and I've maintained about the same weight, but have been working out steadily, almost every day. So that's something. When I started I couldn't breathe at all and could go maybe 10 minutes, and now I'm up to 45. So while I'm hoping to see weight loss results, I'm pretty pleased that at least my endurance and muscle are increasing.

• amccarville
    Options
    good luck to you. i am fairly new also and love the site!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!:flowerforyou:
  • Jen19
    Jen19 Posts: 19
    Options
    welcome to you and good luck with your weight loss!:wink:
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    Welcome ,This is a great sight. I've learned a lot and I'm sure you will also. Good luck
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

:flowerforyou: WOW....that is SO awesome on the increased activity figmentj!!:drinker:

That's a huge increase....isn't it great to breathe and not struggle....so many take it for granted but when you have extra weight on and not the most tuned up CV system...well, it doesn't come as easy does it? I imagine you body is doin a snoopy dance over the changes it feels!

Keep up the excellent work...the lbs. WILL drop...truly they will...but in the meantime think how far you've come!!! The scale is merely a number....grab your tape measure since you've recently started out and have someone at the gym or a friend measure you all over accurately and keep track each month....so when that scale is stubborn and doesn't move....you're gonna see some amazing results!!! Breathing easier, looser clothes, lost inches...sometimes that means much more than what a scale can teach you.....the scale changes constantly throughout the day.... know what I mean?

Welcome and glad you've joined us:drinker:
    Warmly,
    Elizabeth:heart:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Welcome!:flowerforyou: