Hi! Lost some weight but PCOS doesn't help

Options
Hello, Today is day two and so far so good. I lost 40lbs after my last baby in 09 but got another 30 to go. Ready to get back down to my pre-pregancy weight but PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) just makes it harder. It causes insulin resistance so losing weight is much more difficult....but not impossible. :smile:

Replies

• vickyg1
    vickyg1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! It sucks!
  • vickyg1
    vickyg1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Have you talked to your doc about getting on metformin to help lose the weight?. It will help alot
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I hate it!! BUT there are a lot of other ladies on this site with it too....They help me a lot :)
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I soo feel your pain. Others lose 30 to 40 to my 20. Sucks
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    Yup it's hard, and the minute you slack the weight comes back two fold!! Just keep focusing on your goals, and keep a straigh path to the goal.. You can do it.

Also have your doctor check your thyroid.. as this also makes it hard, and a lot of women with PCOS have a thyroid problem.
  • slse20
    slse20 Posts: 2
    Options
    I did and it helped some. I stopped taking them since I was taking too many pills at once for stuff and by body just didn't agree. I will be refilling metformin tomorrow tho since I'm off all that other stuff.
  • nitenic
    nitenic Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Fellow cyster here! Thanks to insulin resistance, low carb is the only thing that helps me lose weight consistently.
  • snowbaby1492
    Options
    i hear you. it makes everything harder
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am PCOS and Insulin Resistant.

If you see my profile theres the whole sordid story. After I seeked out a weight loss dr - decided not to go under the knife. This is what we decided to do.

I take 2pills - 500mg Metformin ER 2x a day in addition to that I take a Byetta shot 10mg 2xday 1/2hr before eating

When I started with my weight loss dr I was 414lbs
    today when I weight in at hom was 345lbs ( I didnot update MFP as I like to make sure I am steady for a couple of days.)

The combo really helped me - check with your Doctor :)

If you have anyone has any questions email me/friend me :happy:
  • wonton30
    wonton30 Posts: 5
    Options
    Totally understand! I have to work twice as hard to lose weight. But it is coming off, very slowly :)