An experiment with Smart Ones

Options
SayLiLIG
SayLiLIG Posts: 197 Member
I'm thinking about doing an experiment. Eat nothing but SmartOnes meals for every meal..for a week. From tomorrow (Friday) until next Friday. I know the sodium is horrible in frozen entrees, but im not too worried about that seeing as I drink alot of water.

So what do you think will happen? lol Its gonna suck, but I really wanna see what can happen. Of course, I'll be throwing in some fruit for snacks because just eating three of them a day at less than 300-350 calories isnt good for me.

I'd love some feedback, or to know if anyone else has done this

Replies

• ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    why are you wanting to do this????
  • RoniDoll
    RoniDoll Posts: 262
    Options
    OMG those things are horrible for you. all it is is empty calories and perservatives. please don't do this. It is EXTREAMLY bad for your organs and over all well being.
  • run4yourlife
    run4yourlife Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't do it. It's not something you will want to continue, nor is it actually doable long-term, so why bother? It's better to adopt a healthy lifestyle all around - something that you can continue to do. That's what will create long-term change.
  • ohmissemily
    ohmissemily Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    try it out, i wanna see how it goes...depending on the ones you eat you should stay below your sodium daily levels if you choose fruit or veggies or soemthing low in sodium if you get hungry for snacks, and like you said you drink plenty of water so try it out. wish you luck!!!!
  • peanutrenee
    peanutrenee Posts: 179
    Options
    i love them i know they are bad for you but they are good and i grab them for lunch sometimes.. i also drink 63 oz of water a day.....lol
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Not a good idea! They are ok for u sometimes, but u need fresh fruits and veggies too rather then boxed meals!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    It's not going to be healthy for you. Processed foods are never, ever good for your body.
  • westcoastSW
    westcoastSW Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    That sounds like it's probably similar to some of those mail-order-food diet deals on TV. Nutrisystem, etc. (Disclaimer: I have not tried any of the TV mail-order diets, but a week's worth of frozen entrees sounds to be on par.) That said, I guess try it if you want, but I'm not sure I see the purpose.
  • bunnysone
    bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    its an interesting experiment to do - similar to the guy who ate nothing but mcdonalds to see how it would affect his body.

If you saw the movie you would remember that he basically destroyed his body doing so.

I would anticipate that this kind of experiement would have the same kind of result. For a week only you are likely to lose weight, but I wouldnt do anything more than a week as you will cause detrimental effects on your body like the Mcdonalds experiment.

Through MFP I have learnt to treat my body as a temple - whilst I am not a perfectly clean eater I wouldnt dream of putting my body through something like this.
  • BeachLife76
    BeachLife76 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Don't do it! ALL these companies whether it's Smart Ones, Weight Watchers, Nutri System, they all want you to stay customers for the money. Once you get off those and eat REAL food, you blow up like a blow fish! It's not worth it. You want to lose weight on foods you will and can afford to buy for the rest of your life, not some pre-packaged crap that may or may not be around in 10 years!
  • ToniAnn411
    ToniAnn411 Posts: 83
    Options
    I wouldn't do it, but that's me. The sodium, as you stated is very high. Nutritionally, not good for you. The only time I'll one of them is if I'm pressed for time and literally don't have the time to make something, and that is rare. But if you feel like you want to do then I guess do it. Is there a reason why you want to do this??
  • kjosey1
    kjosey1 Posts: 36
    Options
    I've thought about doing this before, but quickly realized that processed food is not in the least bit healthy. I definitely buy smart ones from time to time, but I know that I can make a turkey sandwich, chicken wrap, salad, egg and turkey bacon on english muffin, or something that's easy and low calorie that is way more nutritious for the same amount of calories. It definitely won't kill you if you try it for a week, but I don't think it's the best option. Let us know what you decide!
  • gwen933
    gwen933 Posts: 81
    Options
    I ate them for lunch everyday for 3 months straight right after I had my third baby. I lost 39 pounds. I was eating a healthy breakfast, smart ones for lunch with a salad, and my regular dinner I cooked for my family. I also incorporated a lot of fruits and veggies with it. I also exercised 5-6 days a week. I definitely don't recommend them for every meal though. They might be low calories but the sodium and perservatives in them aren't good. Maybe just for lunch or dinner with a salad.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    What are you expecting to get from this experiment.

Expecting to:
    - lose weight?
    - to keep the same weight?
    - to gain weight?

Cost of each one is $2.00? $2.50 x 3 per day - 5 days? $35-$40 for a 5 day week.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I don't think it is a good idea. Make your own food and you will get better results, and it will be healthier
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I think you should try it, just to see what would happen. It's a week of your life. It won't kill you like a lot of people are trying to make it out to be.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    its an interesting experiment to do - similar to the guy who ate nothing but mcdonalds to see how it would affect his body.

If you saw the movie you would remember that he basically destroyed his body doing so.

I would anticipate that this kind of experiement would have the same kind of result. For a week only you are likely to lose weight, but I wouldnt do anything more than a week as you will cause detrimental effects on your body like the Mcdonalds experiment.

Through MFP I have learnt to treat my body as a temple - whilst I am not a perfectly clean eater I wouldnt dream of putting my body through something like this.

are your forgetting about the other guy that ate nothing but mc donalds and lost weight? he also lowered his cholesterol
  • SayLiLIG
    SayLiLIG Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Honestly. I just want to see what would happen. I more than likely would only do it for lunch and dinner because I cant eat much bread, and thats what the majority of their breakfast items are after looking at the site. And I know I need to eat REAL fruits and veggies. Thats why i plan on having fruit for snacks. And having a salad along with it at lunch or dinner.

I think it would just be interesting to see the results because i know some people swear by them.