Anorexia Recovery : Net Calories Help !

Options
My fitness pal is suggesting I eat 2100 calories as a net for weight gain , does MFP factor in my BMR for this settlement ?

Replies

• wjayeverdjd
    wjayeverdjd Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Can someone help me out . I literally need this broken down into the easiest baby steps ever .
    I have to gain half a pound per week . It says net 2100 calories . Do I take my BMR and - from my calories I eat daily ? Because that's a natural burn ? Or do I just eat 2100 calories , sit on my *kitten* mostly ?
  • biorobotics
    Options
    net is without activity. if you exercise, you need more than 2100.
  • reachingforarainbow
    reachingforarainbow Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Your BMR calories are already added. Are you seeing a nutritionist? You could benefit from a meal plan
  • wjayeverdjd
    Options
    Yes , I have a mental health team . That's not the focus here . Thanks guys though ! I'll make that ! Have a good day .
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Eat the amount mfp gave you and if you exercise (like doing a sport, running, weight training etc.) then you add those calories in and you eat them back. So if u burn off 100 cals from running you eat an extra 100 cals that day. I wish you luck in your recovery! :)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Yes , I have a mental health team . That's not the focus here . Thanks guys though ! I'll make that ! Have a good day .

mental health team =/= nutritionist.
  • wjayeverdjd
    Options
    I have a dietitian . Yes .
  • reachingforarainbow
    Options

Well is there a reason as to why they are not giving you an idea of how much to eat. They haven't told you amounts or calories? or are you just looking for advice that you feel more comfortable with than what they've told you?

• stb1234
    stb1234 Posts: 23 Member
    Options

Well is there a reason as to why they are not giving you an idea of how much to eat. They haven't told you amounts or calories? or are you just looking for advice that you feel more comfortable with than what they've told you?

Generally dieticians won't talk calories when you're in recovery
  • reachingforarainbow
    Options
    stb1234 wrote: »

Generally dieticians won't talk calories when you're in recovery

I'm not saying necessarily calories. I mean like even foods. Like exchanges to eat at everything meal, or like cereal and fruit and milk for example for breakfast and so on... and normally they are taught a serving size etc. Its weird that you have a dietician that has told you nothing and are now relying on myfitnesspal to help you with something a professional should be helping you with

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I understand (completely) that you do not need to go into anyone's comments about mental health, nutritionist, etc....

MFP has your BMR (or RMR) in its equation. The quick add calories on your diary?? Are these calories that are actually calories you did eat? I am just curious because if you are trying to reach a certain number of calories each day and you are not eating them, this can be misleading.

A lot of young ladies that come on MFP that have had or still have an eating disorder like anorexia have a hard time getting the necessary advice or will say "you need a doctor, etc..).. giving any health advise is totally not MFP recommended.

I weighed 90 pounds for 10 years up until about 2 years ago! Do not let what others are saying about your condition bother you.. This is a self journey and if you need help fighting the need to gain weight, please keep this personal and do not post in "cyber space", as people are judgmental, and those that have not been there cannot and should not judge what they do not understand.