30 DAY SHRED..TIPS, SUGGESTIONS..I NEED TO KICK MY *kitten*!

Options
UGH!!!!!!!!!!! I have 4 weeks until we go on vacation to the beach. I Joined this site about 5 weeks ago and lost 6 lbs!

Yea yay me, right? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO....Mothers Day weekend came and I gained flippin 5 lbs back!

I am a stress eater, and have been eating unhealthier choices. I KNOW WHAT I MUST DO. I have lost 27.5 lbs before in 14 weeks
with total discipline. Kept it off mainly for 5 years, but then a lot of stress has happened in the past 9 months where I gained quite a bit back.

I am a great supporter, cheerleader, speaker....BUT WHY IN THE HELL CAN I NOT GET BACK INTO THIS!!!!!!!!! I did, but then
gained 5 lbs back, and it has just depressed me.

I WANT TO KICK *kitten*!
I WANT TO LOOK GOOD!
I WANT TO FEEL GOOD!
I AM A GRANDMA TO A 2 YR OLD, AND WANT TO ROCK IT BEING A MAMAW!

IS THE 30 DAY SHRED GOOD? I HEAR IT IS, BUT WANT YOUR OPINIONS! I'M GOING
SHOPPING TONIGHT FOR THAT DVD AND GOOD FOOD!

I have been doing the 1210 calories on here for the 5 weeks and that helped me, but geez one weekend
can ruin it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I'm done whining. I need tough love, good tips, I need my *kitten* kicked so I'm giving permission for you to
do it...I mean to kill me, lol, but seriously I am struggling and had to be honest with my goals and quit hurting myself
becuz of others, right!

Hugs to all, and thank you for reading this, I really appreciate it! Cheers to all of us for wanting better us's! :drinker:

Replies

• AliCat2705
    AliCat2705 Posts: 22
    Options
    I so gained 5 over the weekend too but then it fell off again...maybe it will do that. I dont know if you realistically can gain 5 lbs. Its probably mostly water and stuff...dont get to discouraged!
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    ive done the 30 day shred, have lost loads off boobs, arms,butt and back and inches off legs, but i do walk an hr a day as well and cycling a couple of times a week, im on my 2nd round:smile:
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I just started 30DS yesterday and it kicks my rear WHILE I am doing it, but I feel so good after I have finished it, mentally and physically. I AM a little sore today but that is to be expected, I just made my body do stuff I haven't made it do for years! There are a lot of impact exercises and I suffer from a chronic ankle injury, so I have had to modify a little to keep from aggravating the injury, but it is definitely keeping me moving and motivated through the entire workout so far. I am working hard on Level1. I previewed Level 2 ... OMG! That looks like it is going to be hard, but I am up for the challenge. Level 1 will prep me for it!
    It's not an expensive investment. You will need hand weights. I started with 5 pounds but it is too much and I will have to go get some 2 or 3 pound weights today.
  • lijparsons
    lijparsons Posts: 258
    Options
    I just finished the 30 Day Shred yesterday. I measured myself the day I started, and then again this morning. Here are my final results. Weight, -10lbs. Waist, -3.5 in. Hips, -2 in. Chest, -2.5 in. Bicep, no change. Neck, -1/4 in.

The program really does kick your *kitten*, and you have to do it everyday. Some days were easier than others. I'd say, since you are going on vacation in 4 weeks, this would be the perfect thing for you. All you need is some hand weights (I used 5 lbs), and a mat if you don't want to sweat all over your carpet.

Add me as a friend if you like, and I'll cheer you through it.
  • trishobr
    trishobr Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me as a friend
  • AmysNewBeginning
    AmysNewBeginning Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    WOWZERS! GOOD JOB, NOOO,....GREAT JOB!!!!!!!! PROUD OF YOU! I WOULD LOVE TO CHEER EACH OTHER ON...
    SENDING YOU A FRIEND REQUEST, AND GETTING THE DVD TONIGHT! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING!
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    you will be amazed! I started last week and on day 4 I could tell a difference. everything already seemed firmer!
    Unfortunately, I hurt my back and have not been able to do it since Monday :(
    but, as soon as I can I will be back at it!

Good luck! I know you can do this!!!! you're a rockstar!

4433730.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I just finished the 30 Day Shred yesterday. I measured myself the day I started, and then again this morning. Here are my final results. Weight, -10lbs. Waist, -3.5 in. Hips, -2 in. Chest, -2.5 in. Bicep, no change. Neck, -1/4 in.

The program really does kick your *kitten*, and you have to do it everyday. Some days were easier than others. I'd say, since you are going on vacation in 4 weeks, this would be the perfect thing for you. All you need is some hand weights (I used 5 lbs), and a mat if you don't want to sweat all over your carpet.

Add me as a friend if you like, and I'll cheer you through it.

wow! I am hoping for some great results! I measured the day before I started too.
  • lordyc
    lordyc Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the 30 day shred for about 6 months and it's intense but you'll get great results! I really like the circuit training of switching back and forth between cardio and resistance training...it makes a difference in my experience! Another good workout of hers is Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. You'll feel like you lost 5 lbs by the next day!! Good luck to you!!