Starbucks??

Options
i used to be addicted to Starbucks, since starting this journey, instead of my fatty coffees, I get unsweetened green teas or black teas. I am to the point of wanting to add a coffee in here or there with out using too many of my calories. Just wondering what you guys get?

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    First, I'm in Seattle where Starbucks are two to a block. I very rarely drink calories (I like chewing food). Black coffee 99 % of the time and once in a blue moon.....make it count.....Triple short non-fat, caramel macchiato :D
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I am a coffee snob, I admit, so I look down on anything with tons of cream and syrup as a perversion of the great art of coffee making :) That said, Starbucks have passable espresso so what's wrong with it? Or a cappuccino if you must have a milky drink?
  • aam117
    aam117 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm also in Seattle, and my go-to order is usually an americano with a splash of steamed soy. Occasionally I will splurge on a latte or seasonal drink :smile:
  • slucki01
    slucki01 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Generally, if I'm drinking my calories I drink wine but.....I really like the new flat white. I used to drink it when I was in the UK. It's best with whole milk but I get a tall made with 2% and it's good.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I either get a black hot/iced unsweetened coffee or a black hot/iced unsweetened americano. If I need help meeting my protein macro and my iron and calcium micros and have leftover calories for a treat, I might get a grande skinny mocha.
  • hezemakiah
    hezemakiah Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    OMG - lemon pound cake at starbucks is to DIE FOR! And I almost did so now I stay away!!! Lemon pound cake + mocha = sugar coma!
  • celinend
    celinend Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Usually an iced passion tea, unsweetened. If I feel like 'splurging' on coffee I get a small skinny vanilla latte - I think it's about 100 calories, so pretty easy to fit in the day. :D
  • shellyb17
    shellyb17 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Skinny hazelnut lattes...yum.
  • PennyVonDread
    PennyVonDread Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I don't go to Starbucks specifically, but at my work I get free espresso. Typically make myself a nonfat(or almond milk) cappuccino made extra dry. The foam takes up volume and has a luxurious texture, but uses far less milk than a latte. If I want it as a dessert, I add a few pumps of sugar-free toasted marshmallow syrup.
  • katekc22
    katekc22 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Their passion fruit tea with lemonade/sweetened is my favorite but often I get the green tea or iced green tea :)
  • DressedInDreams
    DressedInDreams Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I don't normally drink my calories, but I did get Starbucks with my co-workers yesterday. I wanted a "treat" so I tried a caramel light frapuccino. It was pretty good, and fit within my calories.
  • Gradschoolwatch
    Gradschoolwatch Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Passion tea lemonade (unsweetened) for Summer and skinny vanilla latte otherwise. The non-fat flat white is another one.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    watch out for their fruit and oatmeal cookies Yummy but deadly at 400 cal. each.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    First, I'm in Seattle where Starbucks are two to a block. I very rarely drink calories (I like chewing food). Black coffee 99 % of the time and once in a blue moon.....make it count.....Triple short non-fat, caramel macchiato :D

I also don't like drinking my calories. If I'm going to have something sweet, I want it to have some substance. So most of the time, regular or decaf coffee or else a lime refresher.
  • jmasci20
    jmasci20 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Tall skinny latte with one equal. Coffee fix without too many calories.
  • circae
    circae Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Skinny hazelnut latte or skinny mocha. And usually a petite vanilla scone. Out of all the sweets they have there, the little scone is perfect at around 120 calories so it doesn't break the bank and I still get to enjoy a sweet. I like to think of that as a treat though and I always plan my day to include it first. A friend and I do this about once a week. We go for a three mile walk around the block and then go gab over a cup and scone.
  • janerfitnesspal145
    janerfitnesspal145 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Every now and then I like a coffee treat too. Starbucks (or any coffee house) will make your coffee with whatever milk you want, whole, lowfat, skim. Starbucks now offers coconut milk too. My choice is the skinny lattes...skinny mocha latte especially. If you look at Starbucks website, you can get the nutritional info on any beverage so you'll know before you get there.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Skinny cappuccinos are nice. I don't like Starbucks coffee really, I prefer Costa here in England. The only Starbucks drink I like is a skinny caramel macchiato or a light frappuccino.
  • markiend
    markiend Posts: 461 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Cafe Nero caramel latte , special with cream ... so what if it's 485 cal ( according to their website )

life's too short for me to go without the odd pleasure.

I was shocked when I saw it was 485.. and a little dissapointed... but they are yum yum

edit for spolling :open_mouth:
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    We only go to Starbucks once a year on our way to vacation. We ordered regular coffee and they had to refill the order three times because they kept messing it up. They didn't know what do with themselves just pouring a plain cup of coffee.