Starbucks??

Options

Replies

• JenniferInCt
    JenniferInCt Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Ok saw the title and felt i had to post because my name is Jennifer and im addicted to Starbucks. Cue the Hii jenn! Before starting this journey, im ashamed to admit i was drinking multiple chai lattes- a day. Since i want this to last long term, i still allow myself 1/3 to a whole one almost everyday. I substitute by making hot coffee at home (barely 5cal), plus sugar free coffemate and one sugar in the raw. But that might only be for me, as it sounds like youve already stopped drinking it (great job!). More and more, im going without it. So hope to stop all together in the future, when im ready. If you still want to go, other posts have given great choices above. A tall skinny latte (you can get whatever- vanilla, mocha, hazelnut) is around 100-150 cal. Not bad! Ive never liked unsweetened green tea. But in general, theres nothing wrong with coffee! Its what you add to it. And omg- i was drinking more in Starbucks than my total calorie allotment here before i started. Eye opening for sure! And ive been saving money!
  • Arliah
    Arliah Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I get SB every three or four weeks, as a treat, and if I do, I greatly enjoy it :D I usually get an iced skinny caramel macchiato or a green tea frapp.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    venti size coffee frappi' w/ whipped cream and cinnamon on top. Mostly make my own lame frappi version at home now since you can now now buy their own brewed sweetened and unsweetened concentrate.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    We only go to Starbucks once a year on our way to vacation. We ordered regular coffee and they had to refill the order three times because they kept messing it up. They didn't know what do with themselves just pouring a plain cup of coffee.

LOL, I don't mean to laugh (okay, I do), but the off chance that I find myself inside of a Starbucks, I too just want a cup of coffee. And the barista inevitably acts as if I've requested something so strange and exotic. Seriously, just find the pot with hot, brown caffeinated liquid in it and pour some in a cup. I'm easily pleased. McDonald's never gets my coffee wrong, and it's only $1.29 ;)
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't bother much about saving calories by using skim. Just use whole or 2% milk. It's really not that much more calories for the milk, and skim milk actually has more sugar than regular. The flavored syrups add cals, but you can opt for sugar free options if you don't mind the artificial sweetener. Or, just get unflavored beverages and don't sweeten them. I hate putting sugar in my coffee, yuck. lol
  • Chikika
    Chikika Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I don't like the taste of artificial sweeteners, so an iced soy latte is my new go-to. I used to get peppermint white mochas every couple of days, at 500cals a piece :sweat_smile: mmm
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I'm more of a Panera lady, & usually I get coffee with a bit of cream and sugar and log it as ~60 cals. If I'm feeling like drinking something sweet/want a treat, I get a skim chai latte -- only about 200 cals.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I get brewed coffee and add just one package of sugar and the low-fat milk. I go to Starbucks as a time to visit friends, not to get the specialty coffee drinks that are full of calories.
    Once in a blue moon I will get a skinny latte without whip cream and with a sugar free flavor added, guess about once a year.
  • seattlerain
    seattlerain Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I get an iced americano with sugar free vanilla and a splash of nonfat milk. Yum.
  • KatyRu
    KatyRu Posts: 55 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm honestly pretty amused by the black coffee responses. I work at Starbucks, and it's definitely an incredibly common order, more common than most people think. The only thing that makes the barista maybe LOOK thrown off is that, instead of writing a cup and putting it in a line of other cups, the barista taking your order has to get it themselves. When there's a long line, it can get tedious, so yes, your barista may appear to be stressed. Messing up a black coffee, however, is a whole different question.

Phew. That being said, I drink my calories nearly every day, so I'm a terrible person to answer this question. I'm one of the more experienced baristas, which means I'm nearly always on bar (making drinks) or in a position that calls for constant movement, so I typically burn more calories at work than I consume (measured using 2 separate pedometers).

My favorite drink (that we still carry, anyway) is an iced quad venti 3-pump vanilla 2-pump toffee nut caramel macchiato, which is something like 340 calories.

If you're going for lower calories, my biggest suggestion would be to avoid white mocha. It's very calorie-dense.
  • polkadont
    polkadont Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love me some coffee! There is something about stopping by Starbucks or Petes before a long work period that make the day start of a little better. I usually get a grande nonfat latte or a cappuccino. They have the "skinny" options and MFP has the calorie counts for them. The skinny caramel macchiato is pretty good, not overly sweet (in my opinion)
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I only ever drink my hot coffee black no sugar in any size, but during what little summer we get in England i do love an ice hazel nut latte
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Just plain black coffee.
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I had to retrain myself to order at Starbucks, but I do like coffee so my usual order now is a tall redeye, which is just coffee with a shot of espresso. This feels *special* to me, which is sometimes the point of going in for me. I do love half and half, too, so I've had to learn how to tell how much approx. two tablespoons looks. Even if I'm a little off, it's a lot better than many drinks there.
  • ashtonladkins
    ashtonladkins Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    black coffee with a shot of sugar free hazlenut or vanilla. Then I will add a little bit of non-fat milk instead of half&half and maybe a splenda.
  • spilledmilk
    spilledmilk Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Grande iced coffee w/sugar free vanilla syrup. Something like 10 calories yum yum :p
  • jane837
    jane837 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I normally stick with black coffee or a shaken iced tea with half the sweetener.

That being said, every once in a while, I will totally go for a grande caramel frappuccino...
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Since I only go about once or twice a month, I'll get a grande marble mocha macchiato or white mocha, normal prep with whipped cream. I can't do skinny drinks cuz then the coffee tastes too strong and then just kills my stomach. Those calories are worth it tho. :drinker:

• BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Starbucks cappuccino.
    Love them!

I even bought myself their fresh coffee beans and an espresso machine and get a Starbucks espresso or cappuccino a couple times a week

I just fit it all in my calorie allowance.
  • Sarasari
    Sarasari Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Iced cinnamon dolce latte skinny 12 oz, 60 calories